Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nothing_Shines
11.28.2017 , 06:17 PM | #1
Why would you make the daily areas MORE pointless to run daily? Might as well call them "Weeklies".
NEW & RETURNING PLAYERS CLICK THE REFERAL LINK FOR ONE FREE SERVER TRANSFER, A FREE 7 DAY SUB & USEFUL UNLOCK BUNDLES FOR ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS! http://www.swtor.com/r/JbcDx4
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy

Full_defilade
11.28.2017 , 06:37 PM | #2
I totally agree! Why? It makes it pointless to do daily. I just canceled my sub because this was pretty much all I was doing and now there is no point.

KeiraHawke
11.29.2017 , 12:46 AM | #3
I honestly hope this is a bug, in other case sentence "The rewards for completing content via the Activities window have been increased" from patch notes is outright lie. While I can understand why they decided to change daily rewards for heroics, so now they're based on how many quests you have to do - even if it means that CXP for Voss and Corellia were actually decreased for about 35% - taking away daily bonus from Ziost, Yavin 4, etc. is unacceptable.
"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!"

Ofcolombia
11.29.2017 , 01:25 AM | #4
Another BW patch, another BW CXP ninja nerf. Yeah they are making the CXP grind faster, not. We lose the "heroic" CXP rewards while the CXP reward stays the same for the daily missions and the weekly on all the "Daily" areas. If you have the legacy perks(the 10% perks) pulse the 100% buff, that is over 2300 CXP per daily area when your DvL side is not victorious and over 2500 per when victorious. This is a very large hit with the CXP nerf bat, thanks BW. If you have the class 300 CXP level perk, that adds even more to the loss.

Have to wait until tomorrow to see if the "Heroic" CXP shows up after the "Weekly" is complete to see if this is just a loss when "Weekly" is available or an entire loss period.

Moonrider
11.29.2017 , 03:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Full_defilade View Post
I totally agree! Why? It makes it pointless to do daily. I just canceled my sub because this was pretty much all I was doing and now there is no point.
Same here.

Alanbra
11.29.2017 , 06:48 AM | #6
I agree, I came back after a year away because of the server merges, and I think it's not worth sticking around. There's no reason to even have dailies on the activity menu since you get the same amount just picking up the weekly. Of the two guilds I'm in, I've only seen two people log on when I was on so unless I pug I'm stuck using solo content to gear up. Dailies were how I'd been getting my command points and now my weekly totals are going to be a fraction of what they were.

Txornisx
11.29.2017 , 07:37 AM | #7
Pretty much this, a very unpleasant change!

virtualmatrix
11.29.2017 , 08:56 AM | #8
4 of my guild members unsubbed last night because of this. They just don't have the time to grind. Neither do I but my plate is empty atm. I'm not happy at all. What the hell are they doing to this game?

surfdawg
11.29.2017 , 10:34 AM | #9
I did Ziost yesterday, got the weekly. Today, I checked the activities thing. Nope. No Ziost available to do today. I really hope this is just a bug and not some stealth thing they decided to not put in the patch notes.

Dbohrius
11.29.2017 , 10:54 AM | #10
Yeah, I'd appreciate some clarification into this. Eric? Keith?
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!