Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

LasagnaSurfer
10.27.2019 , 12:22 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Without Add-Ons ESO's inventory management system is just about the worst in the MMORPG industry.
Except add-ons are available. Not so here.

I think I am going to have to just pull my mats back out of the new storage and put them back in legacy bank for now. The default sorting and scrolling is just obnoxious
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

DawnAskham
10.27.2019 , 12:24 PM | #92
The mats tab could use some basic sort and filter options, such as skill type, material type, grade, and quality.

Also why the list view for mats tab when everything else inventory related is a grid, a long scrolling list is just annoying.

LasagnaSurfer
10.27.2019 , 12:50 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
The mats tab could use some basic sort and filter options, such as skill type, material type, grade, and quality.

Also why the list view for mats tab when everything else inventory related is a grid, a long scrolling list is just annoying.
Agree, especially for us OCD types.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

LasagnaSurfer
10.27.2019 , 01:09 PM | #94
And when you right click it sends the mats to the crappy mat storage instead of into my lovely sorted legacy bank... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LasagnaSurfer
10.27.2019 , 01:17 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post
And when you right click it sends the mats to the crappy mat storage instead of into my lovely sorted legacy bank... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
However, by changing the quality on the diamond sorter, you only have to move white items by hand and can right click stuff back into the legacy bank if it is green or better. Thank god for this work around.

Void_Singer
10.28.2019 , 02:01 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
So wait. You're outrage is that they didn't do all the work for you?
no the outrage is that it's considerably less useful than leaving mats in legacy bank....

with legacy bank you had proper sorting, at a glance knowledge of relative mat levels, and it didn't hide relevant information from you, randomly reset your view, or force you use it.

literally the only useful thing thing that the new mat storage does is free up other cargo bay space... that's it. everything else it makes more of a PITA
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Void_Singer
10.28.2019 , 02:02 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post
However, by changing the quality on the diamond sorter, you only have to move white items by hand and can right click stuff back into the legacy bank if it is green or better. Thank god for this work around.
doesn't work, mission mats and world nodes are auto placed directly into mat storage regardless of setting
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Transcendent
10.28.2019 , 09:08 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
a long scrolling list is just annoying.
Which is why it only gets used for Grade 11 materials in my instance.

Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
doesn't work, mission mats and world nodes are auto placed directly into mat storage regardless of setting
That's the first thing I tried. Now I just have to manually pull them out after gathering, collected materials from both gathering and missions completely bypass the inventory system.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print