A tale of two Flashpoints

JediQuaker

DISCLAIMER - this post is in response to an earlier post about people declining Vet GF pops, which then devolved into people quitting Vet FP mid-run. Although I'm a bit chuffed about my success in these two instances, I'm not here to brag, but rather, to point out that if a senior citizen (65+) can do it , almost anyone can. Some of you people need to relax about doing FPs. (Thankfully, most people are relaxed.)

TL;DR - Vet FPs can be done with lowbies and/or companions, and or solo. :)

1. Athiss as a level 70 Gunslinger (solo).

A few days ago I was in Vet Athiss in a group of 4 DPS. The levels of the some of the others may have been less than 70 - I didn't really notice.

Things went OK until we came to the Beast of Vodal Kressh. If I recall, there was a team wipe, and one of the DPS just suddenly quit the group (with no explanation). So I brought out my trusty influence 50 Risha as a healer.

But before we could proceed, the other 2 DPS also quit - also, of course, with no explanation.

I hemmed and hawed for a bit but eventually decided to see how far just Risha and I could get.

Long story short - with only one other "wipe" when I accidentally agro'd 2 of those wandering champions, I completed the FP.

Yes, it did take a while, but... we did it. (And, I suppose, I could have "carried" the others, had they stayed.)

(FYI - when the "flames" target your companion at the final boss, a combo of a Kolto plus their own self heals works just fine - even for influence level 1, see below. Also, don't neglect your legacy skill "Unity" and your Heroic Moment.)

2. Athiss as a level 17 Guardian

Also, coincidentally just a day after the above instance, I again was in a Vet Athiss group** with 4 DPS (or perhaps 3 DPS and a tank - not sure). This time I was a new level 17 Guardian I had recently started for grins. I believe there was 1 level 70 and 2 other mid-20s.

Near the very start of the FP, I accidentally agro'd the mobs at the top of the stairs across from the stairs to the explosives*** (which had just been gotten). There was no big problem killing the mobs, but one of the group immediately left - probably because he thought I was a newbie, but accidents do happen.

And then the other mid-20 also quit - don't know why.

I assumed that the level 70 - the group leader - would just re-queue us, but instead they simply took out a companion - I don't recall if they were a Tank and took out a DPS or a DPS and took out a Tank. (At this time I'm not sure why I thought the comp was a tank or DPS, but that's what I recall.)

After a brief pause, I thought, "what the heck" and took out my influence level 1 Nico Ocar**** as a healer.

We proceeded to complete the FP without any wipes or any noticeably excessive difficulty or time. (Except the comps kept agro'ing extra wandering champions).

I ended the FP as level 21. I would say that although having the other level 70 certainly helped, I was in no way "carried" through the FP.

** BTW, this was after at least two times someone declined the group.

*** One of the enemies wandered much closer to the top of the stairs than usual. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

**** I noticed after the FP that I could have used T7-01 who was level 5 at the time. :rolleyes:

The bottom Line

If a senior citizen level 70, plus a companion, can "solo" Veteran Athiiss, and/or a group consisting of a level 70, a level 17 and two companions (one influence level 1) can complete a Veteran FP, there's a lot fewer excuses for the "players" who won't even try.

P.S. And don't bother to complain about the expense of having to "repair" your armor. If you can't afford repairs, you are either way too poor or way too cheap. Also, that's part of what credits are for - to pay for your repairs, among other things.

Edited by JediQuaker

P.S. And don't bother to complain about the expense of having to "repair" your armor. If you can't afford repairs, you are either way too poor or way too cheap. Also, that's part of what credits are for - to pay for your repairs, among other things.

That made me laugh. And it made me think of why my guild(1) gave up on Toborro one time. I had brought 400K and thought I was poor. Others bailed when they discovered that they only had 1400 credits left.

(1) Long since imploded for IRL reasons. Shame. A good bunch of peeps.

This time I was a new level 17 Guardian I had recently started for grins......one of the group immediately left - probably because he thought I was a newbie, .

After just re-reading this, I thought I'd add a bit for full disclosure.

My level 17 had (and still has, at level 24) a full set of 160 rating armorings from some "bonus" set I forget the name of. She also had a regular lightsaber, not the starter trainingsaber.

{ - snip - }

Edited by JediQuaker

My level 17 had (and still has) a full set of 160 rating armorings from some "bonus" set I forget the name of. She also had an regular lightsaber, not a trainingsaber.

Also, the fact that I was wearing about 20 mill worth of CM/fancy armor, lightsaber, color crystal, dyes, etc, should have been a clue that I wasn't a newbie or F2P. :)

could that bonus set you are referring to have been the XP armor?

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/victorious-pioneer/

could that bonus set you are referring to have been the XP armor?

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/victorious-pioneer/

Yes, I believe it was. The bonus is tied to the armorings, and I had extracted them from the other set to put on her base armor. Usually I would just use the Victorious Pioneer set as the base armor, but in this case I didn't, since the armor I was going to wear as my initial "outfit" was all mod-able.

Edited by JediQuaker

There's absolutely no point to do the FP if the cost of doing it exceeds the reward gained from it. If the repairs don't exceed the FP reward, then it was a profitable use of time. Otherwise, it was a waste of time.

There's absolutely no point to do the FP if the cost of doing it exceeds the reward gained from it. If the repairs don't exceed the FP reward, then it was a profitable use of time. Otherwise, it was a waste of time.

That depends on what you're getting from that completion. Not all rewards are in credits.

The ENTIRE GAME is a waste of time. :D

Edited by JediQuaker

My level 17 had (and still has, at level 24) a full set of 160 rating armorings from some "bonus" set I forget the name of. She also had a regular lightsaber, not the starter trainingsaber.

Also, the fact that I was wearing about 20 mill worth of CM/fancy armor, lightsaber, color crystal, dyes, etc, should have been a clue that I wasn't a newbie or F2P. :)

. what the hell does that prove other than the fact you may have bought a hypercrate using real money and got lucky with drops????? cheevos are what prove people have a clue about what they are doing most of the time. not expensive cartel market armor shells and weapon. ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

dude people don't do FP primarily for credits. they do it for CXP/XP, Conquest Points and for Cheevo.

I think you're missing a few things here. First, flashpoints can be solo'd but a large part is playing with other people. I prefer MM, but on occasion I will do vet mode. I like to simple watch how new players do them and follow along without giving direction. Once in awhile I might learn something new. Athlis is not a difficult FP on vet-mode. Good luck soloing Umbara or Nathema on vet mode, but I'm sure somebody has (we don't need your story). Second, sometimes those other players leave, not because they can't do it, but because they get frustrated at the other players making too many mistakes. Don't always assume people leave because they can't handle it. :D Edited by Zerileth

DISCLAIMER - this post is in response to an earlier post about people declining Vet GF pops, which then devolved into people quitting Vet FP mid-run. Although I'm a bit chuffed about my success in these two instances, I'm not here to brag, but rather, to point out that if a senior citizen (65+) can do it , almost anyone can. Some of you people need to relax about doing FPs. (Thankfully, most people are relaxed.)

A few days ago I was in Vet Athiss in a group of 4 DPS. The levels of the some of the others may have been less than 70 - I didn't really notice.

Things went OK until we came to the Beast of Vodal Kressh. If I recall, there was a team wipe, and one of the DPS just suddenly quit the group (with no explanation). So I brought out my trusty influence 50 Risha as a healer.

But before we could proceed, the other 2 DPS also quit - also, of course, with no explanation.

I hemmed and hawed for a bit but eventually decided to see how far just Risha and I could get.

Long story short - with only one other "wipe" when I accidentally agro'd 2 of those wandering champions, I completed the FP.

Yes, it did take a while, but... we did it. (And, I suppose, I could have "carried" the others, had they stayed.)

(FYI - when the "flames" target your companion at the final boss, a combo of a Kolto plus their own self heals works just fine - even for influence level 1, see below. Also, don't neglect your legacy skill "Unity" and your Heroic Moment.)

Also, coincidentally just a day after the above instance, I again was in a Vet Athiss group** with 4 DPS (or perhaps 3 DPS and a tank - not sure). This time I was a new level 17 Guardian I had recently started for grins. I believe there was 1 level 70 and 2 other mid-20s.

Near the very start of the FP, I accidentally agro'd the mobs at the top of the stairs across from the stairs to the explosives*** (which had just been gotten). There was no big problem killing the mobs, but one of the group immediately left - probably because he thought I was a newbie, but accidents do happen.

I assumed that the level 70 - the group leader - would just re-queue us, but instead they simply took out a companion - I don't recall if they were a Tank and took out a DPS or a DPS and took out a Tank. (At this time I'm not sure why I thought the comp was a tank or DPS, but that's what I recall.)

After a brief pause, I thought, "what the heck" and took out my influence level 1 Nico Ocar**** as a healer.

We proceeded to complete the FP without any wipes or any noticeably excessive difficulty or time. (Except the comps kept agro'ing extra wandering champions).

I ended the FP as level 21. I would say that although having the other level 70 certainly helped, I was in no way "carried" through the FP.

*** One of the enemies wandered much closer to the top of the stairs than usual. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

**** I noticed after the FP that I could have used T7-01 who was level 5 at the time. :rolleyes:

The bottom Line

If a senior citizen level 70, plus a companion, can "solo" Veteran Athiiss, and/or a group consisting of a level 70, a level 17 and two companions (one influence level 1) can complete a Veteran FP, there's a lot fewer excuses for the "players" who won't even try.

Nice post. Funny how one poster is now saying that Athiss is overtuned and needs to be nerfed., when you just gave a very well written post about how it was achieved with a level 17 guardian.

If people que for FP and leave after a wipe at the first or second Boos ... uhh .... this is a wretched creature ...

What is the problem for those guys to talk about tactic ... ?

The 70 take agro and the smalest pres Kolto - well done everyone happy ....

If those players aren't able for teamplay let them go ....

The others are wellcome

And i don't play FPs for making credits - i do it for CXP and for fun.

This is a game not a fulltime job.

The bottom Line

Good post. I wish we had an upvote

#upvote+1

what the hell does that prove other than the fact you may have bought a hypercrate using real money and got lucky with drops????? cheevos are what prove people have a clue about what they are doing most of the time.

After thinking about my post, I was wondering what the hell that proves, myself. I'll just call it a "senior moment". :o

I was going to edit it.

But, what the hell are "cheevos"? (Achievements, maybe? - but other people can't see your achievements.)

(Or maybe a new breakfast cereal, or sneakers?)

And, BTW, another clarification. In those (or any) Flashpoints I don't know why those people quit. It may be because they thought the group was going badly or because they thought someone is a newb. It could also be something really simple like they didn't want their parents or spouse finding out that they were playing games when they should be doing homework or housework or whatever. There are lots of reasons.

It is a minor annoyance when people leave without saying anything, though.

If people que for FP and leave after a wipe at the first or second Boos ... uhh .... this is a wretched creature ...

What is the problem for those guys to talk about tactic ... ?

The 70 take agro and the smalest pres Kolto - well done everyone happy ....

If those players aren't able for teamplay let them go ....

The others are wellcome

And i don't play FPs for making credits - i do it for CXP and for fun.

This is a game not a fulltime job.

*Edit: sorry thought this was the original post about it, commented in the follow up thread. Sorry dude :D

Yeah but a couple posters chose to sidetrack the thread about something it is not. The whole original post wasn't about actually being in the FP, it is about people that continually cancel when the GF pops and has everyone X in. This is not right, that was my whole issue. I just think there should be a way, maybe in the other text, that tells who the player was, so the others can choose to ignore him so he/she can't continually do this.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

I had a similar experience a week ago, with a Black Talon group. The other 3 were all in the teens (I was a newly minted lvl 10, with a Influence lvl 1 Treek - no morose monster, as I was still half way through Korriban, and went for a couple of BT runs for the social point boost). The person designated as the "healer" was a DPS sorc like me. The other 2 threw a hissy fit that they did not have a dedicated healer and left.

The "healer" and I re-queued and did not get anyone aside from those two, then pulled companions and breezed through in less than 20 minutes (skipping convos, we both knew the content). Exited to fleet to find the other two whining in chat that they could not get a group for BT.

I asked them why they quit, and got a "don't want to waste time and credits on a group that will wipe" response. I guess people think that Vet content is hard.

But, what the hell are "cheevos"? (Achievements, maybe? - but other people can't see your achievements.)

(Or maybe a new breakfast cereal, or sneakers?)

Achievements ==> Achieves ==> Cheeves ==> Cheevos

Or something like that. (But maybe a vegetarian version of Cheetos?)

Mmm, Jalepeno Cheevos! :p

You win this round !!!

BTW...

I'm probably at or about that age group you have been discussing. The last 15 years my schedule was a nightmare ! Sooooo many of the FP and heroics I've missed... until this week.

I started this AM going down a list of different things I've simply put off doing. So far I've been running all of them in veteran mode ! You're right.. a little slow going at times ... but still good to go !

There's only one group that's a problem. I'm sure it's just me ! I'll figure it out !!!

Nice post BTW... Nice to know I'm not the only senior out here at 65+