It has been awhile

Sappharan

I have several maximum level characters that I am considering playing again. Many months...years even have passed since I last really played the game. My gear is extremely outdated and I want to get into PvP again.

Recommendations? PvP to get gear? Level that silly Command rank or whatever it is called? What do I do?

Thank you for your time.

Well, see the other "been awhile" thread right beside this one (currently), from Seterade, to see what people are saying about the value of the latest 258 gear (my opinion - for regs PvP, doesn't really matter enough to make it worth the grind).

Have you done any of the CXP grind, such that you have some command tokens stockpiled? If so, I'd use that to get any 230 pieces you might be missing - as many as you can. Once you are at 230 you are theoretically bolstered to 252, which is just one level below max. Add in 228 augs according to this thread.

You should be good for any regs PvP.

I recently geared a jugger tank this way, and I seem sturdy enough to do my job. At least no one has raged at me yet to uninstall the game and go kill myself. :p