Sith Juggernaut: My very first warzone!

GuyverIII

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I finally got down to being able to record my very first warzone on my sith juggernaut. I know I probably didn't do the best, however i was able to make a pretty decent pass towards the end to get us the lead. I really had a lot of fun and will probably keep doing more videos like this to keep a record of my progress. I wanted to link the video incase anyone wanted to take a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5m5WeCCmM

I will also finish up the SIth Warrior chapter 1 sometime in the next few days as well. I hope everyone enjoys the video and leaves a comment with their thoughts.

I have created a playlist on my channel that will explore all of the classes and their specs in SWTOR. Once I finish leveling my Sith Warrior (Currently Vengeance spec) and the Main Storyline, I will pick and try a new class, rinse and repeat in order to find my playstyle and what I personal enjoy most. Most importantly I look forward to learning and having fun along with way.

Warzones with my Sith Juggernaut:

My Very First Warzone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5m...DME_9VIrbz0tDS

The Voidstar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjO...DME_9VIrbz0tDS

Rishi Cove Arena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gRq...DME_9VIrbz0tDS

Tatooine Arena, and my first commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWT3...DME_9VIrbz0tDS

My Latest Video Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6G...DME_9VIrbz0tDS

Vengeance Juggernaut - Voidstar Dominance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h-vlMWVXic

Vengeance Juggernaut - Back To Back Arenas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKYWnliJUlc

Vengeance Juggernaut - Mandalorian Battle Ring / Corellia Square Rumble!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my0i1hMjXNY

I will be posting more today and updating these links constantly. I am working towards more tutorial based videos, and trying to improve my editing style as well. Please stay tuned and don't forget to leave a like and sub on the videos if you enjoy them.

Regards,

Morendai

Facebook Page :tran_cool:

YouTube Channel :csw_redsaber:

Twitch :csw_vadertie:

Twitter :csw_vader:

Edited by GuyverIII
Updated title

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I finally got down to being able to record my very first warzone on my sith juggernaut. I know I probably didn't do the best, however i was able to make a pretty decent pass towards the end to get us the lead. I really had a lot of fun and will probably keep doing more videos like this to keep a record of my progress. I wanted to link the video incase anyone wanted to take a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5m5WeCCmM

I will also finish up the SIth Warrior chapter 1 sometime in the next few days as well. I hope everyone enjoys the video and leaves a comment with their thoughts.

Regards,

Morendai

I know this was your first match and may not have understood the map or the way to play it. But there are somethings that I need to point out so you don’t form bad habits.

Hutt Ball is about scoring, not killing everything. Your focus should always be on that as well as killing. The idea is to help your team score by playing the ball or supporting or focusing their ball carriers.

1. Why did you leap past the ball to the enemy and leave it there? You should always grab the ball first, especially if there isn’t anyone on your team near it. All it would take is for the enemy to have a stealth standing there and they grab the ball and run to the line while you are busy fighting. ALWAYS play and focus the ball in Hutt Ball.

2. While ever you death match and don’t play the ball, the other team is left to do what ever they want with the ball. This will lose you most matches.

3. Support your own ball carrier and move forward or slow down the enemy on their arse. Plus you need to be ready to receive the ball if they need to pass because the ball will blow up and kill them if they hold it too long,

4. You should consider using the air vents on the left and right of the respawn to get towards the middle faster after you leave the starting area. The only time you should jump down is if you have to defend.

5. Go into your preferences menu and adjust your scrolled out view to about 60%. This will allow you to zoom out and see more of what’s happening around you. It will help with situational awareness and let you see where you need to be.

6 Also under preferrences tick “show resolve”. This will put another bar around the enemies portrait. Resolve means they can no longer be affected by stuns.

This is important (especially in HB) because an enemy gets resolve if they are stunned/crowd controlled. When the bar is fully white they have full resolve and can just run to the line and you can’t stop them.

It’s vital NOT give the enemy ball carrier full resolve before a trap. That way if they try to cross the trap you can stun them in it and kill them to get the ball.

7. If you can help it. Try not to run across traps yourself because an enemy will try and stun you. Where possible pass to someone who runs ahead. Sometimes this means waiting a second for hem to get a ahead,

One great way to get across a trap with a ball while on a Jugg it to leap to an enemy,

8. The lines at the end zone need to be crossed to score. I know you passed, but you could have scored yourself. Under those conditions it’s is better to try and score yourself because sometimes the enemy can intercept the pass.

Also that extra time you held the ball might have been enough for you to blow up and lose the ball. (It even happens to us pros occasionally).

This is a PvP WZ guide made by one of our community memebers. It’s slightly out of date and doesn’t include the Vandin HB map or the “exploding ball” mechanic that has been added to all Hutt Ball maps.

It’s a very good guide and has basic tactics on winning and how the maps work. Everyone (even old time pvpers) should read it. https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/warzones.html#toc-wz-hb

Anyway, good luck in your pvp play. It’s good to have new blood. Just remember, you need to play the objectives as well as fighting to win 8v8 pvp. Everything else is hot air.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You did well enough objective wise for a lowbie warzone first time.

couple things you could update if your going to play objectively more often.

increase your op frames size and set the following settings: health width- 152, health height- 25, show health text, show only removable debuffs. and make the buff scale larger than the debuff. this will enable you to keep track of who has what mods/ball even when you are no where close to them, and knowing 110% of a person hp value will allow you to save them when they dont call out. always a problem. you should also activate "show hp text" on both your hp bar and target bar. more info is better than less

make it so you can see both your team hp bars and your enemies bars. it can decided a match to swap quickly to help finish a pperson off, or throw a guard on someone before they die. hard to do when you cant see anyone real well.

as for your damage I didnt see you use impale a whole lot. in your class as you level you will gain 4 abilitys, 1 at 10, 1 at 26, 1 at 42, and 1 at 58. these ability are paramount to your damage and should in most cases be your priority damage dealers in a rotation and when not on cooldown. the other thing about your dps is you used the "X" sweep attack a lot on single targets. unless your "aoe" area of effect attack carrys a secondary effect dont ever use it in single player 1v1 combat. for example, tank "smash" inflicts -5% accuracy debuff to all targets hit. this means you use smash as a tank on single target. but as a vengance juggernaught "smash" is not really worth rotating unless its the 58 uppgrade or you are dot spreading vs several target.

last but not least go into preferences, go to user interface, go to the 6th section "operation frames" and select use operation frames for group frames, then go to the seventh section, cooldown setting, and select "show cooldown text"

that about covers most of it

heres an example of whats your frames will look like: https://imgur.com/a/z83bsVW

and trixxee, it should be 100% camera. making it 60% only gimpps you because you can stop it at 60 if you want but it gives the option of more.

Edited by Seterade

Nice video! I gave it a like.

Your first warzone yet you had no trouble immediately adjusting the scoreboard to show players ranked by dmg...

From the poster's YouTube video description: Hey guys! This is my very first warzone on my Sith Juggernaut! This is also my very first time seeing the new huttball map!

Sounds and looks like they have played in [some] warzones before. I'm sure sorting isn't that hard anyways.

Curious, did you watch the whole video? Or go straight to the end to see how the poster measures up?

Nice video! I gave it a like.

From the poster's YouTube video description: Hey guys! This is my very first warzone on my Sith Juggernaut! This is also my very first time seeing the new huttball map!

Sounds and looks like they have played in [some] warzones before. I'm sure sorting isn't that hard anyways.

Curious, did you watch the whole video? Or go straight to the end to see how the poster measures up?

I watched it, but I was playing Crowfall so "watch" is a stretch. Thanks for your concern into my youtube habbits though, warms the heart.

Thank you all for the amazing and constructive feedback!. I will definitely read up on everything and adjust some of the things mentioned by everyone to improve and hopefully show that in the next video! Also feel free to check out some of the other videos I have and let me know what you think.

Regards,

Morendai

Your first warzone yet you had no trouble immediately adjusting the scoreboard to show players ranked by dmg...

Whoever needs experience about sorting a list on any PC program in 2018 is either too young or too old to play an MMO. It is basic intuition, it could be his first game ever and I wouldn't be suprised.

After reading all of the feedback I tweaked a few things and I definitely noticed an improvement! Here is how I fared in my first Voidstar game on my juggernaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjOYf7Mb44

The changes I made since my last WZ are as follows:

- tweaked UI as suggested so i can better manage my CDs

- used Impale as much as possible in my rotation (it made a big difference)

- kept guard up on teammates as much as possible

- focused more heavily on objectives of the map

I still have a few other changes to make with camera angles and UI adjustment, so keep the feedback coming, and I look forward to posting alot more!

Regards,

Morendai

After reading all of the feedback I tweaked a few things and I definitely noticed an improvement! Here is how I fared in my first Voidstar game on my juggernaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjOYf7Mb44

The changes I made since my last WZ are as follows:

- tweaked UI as suggested so i can better manage my CDs

- used Impale as much as possible in my rotation (it made a big difference)

- kept guard up on teammates as much as possible

- focused more heavily on objectives of the map

I still have a few other changes to make with camera angles and UI adjustment, so keep the feedback coming, and I look forward to posting alot more!

Regards,

Morendai

Here’s some critique. I assume that’s what you are after :D. You are still to focused on death matching and not playing the objectives. In Void Star, the doors are the objectives.

1. You’re still scrolled in too much. Scroll out more and it will be easier to see the door when defending.

2. Instead of putting guard on a team mate (as a dps Jugg), use your taunts to mitigate damage instead so you don’t lose damage as fast or put pressure on your healer to keep you alive.

3. After the doors pop, don’t fight in the tunnel when defending. Get through fast to stop them capping the bridge and getting over to get the next doors. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT because that guy in the tunnel was purposely trying to hold you up.

4. Same thing, don’t fight on the bridge “ever” because it’s impossible to stop cappers at the door at that range. It’s also why you got capped on.

5. Use your force push to push the enemy off the bridge. That way they have to respawn and it gives you time to get to the door (you can do this attacking or defending).

6. When the screen in the last room goes down, get to the bottom area and watch those doors.

7. Defensive cool downs (DCD)? I don’t remember seeing you use them once. I might have missed it though.

8. Pro tip when attacking. Don’t kill the guys in the tunnels, just slow them right down so your guys can cap the bridge or the last screen. This also has another added benefit, they can’t respawn at the other doors before your guys get there.

9. Don’t waste time trying to spam cap when an opative is stopping you. It’s pointless 80% of the time if the operative is any good. It’s better to get across the other bridge to help.

10. Try focusing more on the healers or seperate them. Juggs are great at pressuring them.

11. With your task bars, try stacking them on top of each other. I use 4 up, but you can fit everything on 3 task bars.

12. When attacking, try and draw them away from the doors, even if you need to run. Then your stealths can ninja cap or another team mate can sneak in. If you can’t get them a long way from the doors, just get them to fight looking away from the doors. (Keep in mind to do the reverse when defending. Try and get in a position so you can always see the doors).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Greetings to all,

With my growing interest in Warzones and Pvp combat, I will be posting more frequently. My hopes in doing so is to play the different classes and specs that SWTOR has to offer in order to find what playstyle most fits me, and what I personally get the most enjoyment out of. I plan on exploring all of the different specs and talents of each class in order to accomplish this task and would greatly enjoy if all of you joined me on my journey.

I am currently working on my Sith Juggernaut (Vengeance spec) as well as progressing through the storyline. As I have already leveled as Vengeance, once I complete the first chapter I will be playing Rage spec next, and finishing off with Immortal spec last. Keep in mind all of this is just a guideline and anything may change. I may pick up a new class relatively soon as well just to have some perspective on what playstyle I enjoy sooner.

If anyone has recommendations on what class they would like to see content for, please feel free to chime in with your thoughts. I will be posting a new video tonight and hopefully finishing off chapter 1 of the sith warrior storyline, so keep an eye out. Thanks to all for reading this update, and may the force be with you!

Regards,

Morendai :tran_cool:

Hey everyone Morendai here!

I just finished editing this today and was very excited to post it!! I'm proud to present Tatooine arena plus Odessen Proving grounds back to back, along with my very first commentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWT3Cl9cMRo&list=PLR5q2EKRkY7Vk3bq_oHDME_9VIrbz0tDS&index=4

I will be uploading warzone videos much more frequently and testing out every class in the game. I want to finish off the Sith warrior storyline and get my juggernaut level capped, but before that I'd love to hear your suggestions on which classes you enjoy most for pvp. That will give me food for thought as to what class to maybe pick up next. I also was able to finish the entire first chapter of the Sith warrior storyline so feel free to check that out as well on my channel. That's it for now and thank you for the likes and subs!

Regards,

Morendai

I'm definitely working on the camera distance. My original camera distance was at 14%, and that's mainly because of where I was used to it being from playing through and recording the story. I've zoomed out to 28% in the most recent video and I'm doing it gradually so that I can find my "sweet spot". I have zoomed out to 100% distance and it isn't really to my liking, so I'm trying to find what works for me and make changes according to that. Thank you for checking out the vid, and I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Morendai

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I wanted to post this sooner but with how busy the holidays get we all know that priorities can be difficult.

Hope you enjoy the video, please leave a like and sub if you like the content. More to come soon with more content, more warzones, more storyline and more...MORENDAI!.... happy holidays and wisheveryone the best :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6GPg4bWUA

Regards,

Morendai

Hey everyone!

I wanted to post this sooner but with how busy the holidays get we all know that priorities can be difficult.

Hope you enjoy the video, please leave a like and sub if you like the content. More to come soon with more content, more warzones, more storyline and more...MORENDAI!.... happy holidays and wisheveryone the best :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6GPg4bWUA

Regards,

Morendai

Ok, I see you started to zoom out more.. good.

You are ready to zoom out even more and go around 70%-60% for even better view. For PVP combat you should try unbinding A-D and assign strafe left-right to them, unbind backpedal and move forward with mouse in combat and turn only with mouse.

• 2 weeks later...
Helly Guyver3.

As an "All Time Fan" of Juggernauts and Guardians in PvP I just want to say GG and HF.

As you seem to want feedback my first one would be :) get to level 70, so you get all the "Utility Points". After that I would want to say get a "Mouse" and adjust its' sensitivity to 400 CPI and in-game "Camera Rotation Speed" to 0%.

After that the Quickbars are the n1 key to success and I recommend doing quickbar 1 - 3 with the follwowing keybinds.

a for strafe left and d for strafe right. Shift + Space bar for Jump and Space bar for nearest target.

Quickbar 1.

1 2 3 4 5 6 "Scroll Up" c q e Shift+Q and Shift+E

Quickbar 2.

Tab, r, t, y, f, g, h, Shift+C, x, b, n, m

Quickbar 3.

Mouse 4, Mouse 5, SHIFT + Mouse 4, Shift + Mouse 5, -, -, Shift + Mouse Down, -, -,Shift + B, Shift +N, -

Mannok,

Thank you for the input and feedback! I will definitely adjust my interface and take all of this into consideration to improve my gameplay! I always appreciate anyone who takes the time to write out a well thought out response and give feedback :) Also I greatly appreciate that you took the time to stop by my channel and check out my latest video! I Look foward to recording more Warzones on my Juggernaut and posting that very soon, so far its been a blast! I am really enjoying the class and how it plays.

Regards,

Morendai

Edited by GuyverIII