Is leveling difficult until you get Lokin?

Koru

It's not difficult before you get him, but it's completely auto-pilot effortless once you do get him.

There's been debate in the past that there is a tradeoff; no downtime with Lokin but faster kills with DPS companions. But in my experience, you should personally be doing so much more damage than any companion you have that the difference between lokin and a DPS companion in time to kill anything but boss/champs is pretty insignificant, and when you're taking on bosses and champs lokin is still better for the survivability anyway.

I've had no issues whatsoever. Nada. None.

At level 43 on Belsavis I have Lokin but have never used him. I've just never needed him. Survivability and leveling have never been an issue; I also put my IA in a cantina when I log off for the evening. Otherwise, for a companion, I pop up either Kaliyo, Temple or Vector depending on who I feel like hanging out with, seriously. LOL.

Right now Ensign Temple is my agent's new blond girl toy, so he's hanging out with her the most. That was an awful thing to say, wasn't it? :D I'm female, too, so I can say that. :p

It's a doddle with Kaliyo until you get him.

EZ mode after you get him. Found myself getting bored not worrying about how to beat an elite, so switched to Temple.

Something quite satisfying about watched a health bar drop substantially after being hit my 2 Ambush shots <3

It's a doddle with Kaliyo until you get him.

EZ mode after you get him. Found myself getting bored not worrying about how to beat an elite, so switched to Temple.

Something quite satisfying about watched a health bar drop substantially after being hit my 2 Ambush shots <3

I think it's actually pretty easy without him, but since I've never tried him I'll pop him up just have see what it's like. He's not geared very well... =\ I try to keep everyone geared but it's a money sync. My Jedi makes armor, but unfortunately you can't send mail from the republic to the empire. :(

I think it's actually pretty easy without him, but since I've never tried him I'll pop him up just have see what it's like. He's not geared very well... =\ I try to keep everyone geared but it's a money sync. My Jedi makes armor, but unfortunately you can't send mail from the republic to the empire. :(

Doddle = Walk in the park, easy, relaxed :)

And you CAN send mail to your empire characters now :) (Only within your legacy though) great new feature.

You don't get him until Taris, so level 32 or so right? That's gotta suck.

Not at all, no--as others have stated, keep Kaliyo's gear updated as you can and you will have nary an issue. I thought that Republic general on Balmorra would be a pain...nope. The Jedis got me the first time, which I expected, but my Sniper had an easier time taking the big boy down than my BH did...

Doddle = Walk in the park, easy, relaxed :)

And you CAN send mail to your empire characters now :) (Only within your legacy though) great new feature.

Ah, thanks for the "doddle" translation. LOL. Never heard of that one. Is it British?

Oh, I didn't realize I could send mail to the "enemy". :p! Awesome. My jedi can make some pretty neat stuff, and my IA makes mods and such, so it's a good combo. Yay.

Oh, and update. Just got to Voss. Still don't have Lokin geared properly but I'm working on it. I've been using Scorpio. Still no issues taking down anything from trash mobs to elites.

Edited by ejadavidson