Either boring to death or impossible?!? Seriously???

cunctatorg

I'm trying to complete the very first clash of Chapter II ("Run for the Shadows") of KotET, the Mission "Defeat the Jungle Beasts" (with Darth Acina as a level ... 14 companion...) and I have been EASILY defeated more than forty (40) times in a row in the Veteran level; I too easily completed that mission in the Story level though...

Are you serious or are you kidding us?!? Why to program this mission (for the veteran level) in a difficulty that's much more harder than the fifth tier or the "Eternal Championship"?!?!? With an influence level 14 (or just 2) companion instead of a influence level 20 or 30 one?!? Is this supposed to be "Veteran" or "Master"?!? And if this is "Veteran" difficulty, what could be the "Master" one?!?

Anyways, let us forget that your programmer acted as a moronic being and let's try to play it at the "Story" level? But it's absolutely easy and boring then!!...

What "choices" do you offer then to us?!? Are you kidding us?!? I repeat that very question because it's the very first time since the December of 2011 that I had to call names on your programmers!!... :mad:

Thanks for nothing!!...

P.S.: I'm trying to run this mission as a well geared, level 66, Jedi Healer...

Edited by cunctatorg

Same when you try battle of Odessen on Veteran mode (KOTFE), Arcann is OP. As soon as last mechanic kicks in you'll take massive damage while being unable to use any abillities (you walk towards the stairs with the Zakuul shield) and die before you'll reach him...

I used my operative with full 228/230 gear (DPS) and special class weapon that you create on Odessen.

Same when you try battle of Odessen on Veteran mode (KOTFE), Arcann is OP. As soon as last mechanic kicks in you'll take massive damage while being unable to use any abillities (you walk towards the stairs with the Zakuul shield) and die before you'll reach him...

I used my operative with full 228/230 gear (DPS) and special class weapon that you create on Odessen.

Not a flawless work, on the contrary an untested, superficial -from this point of view- and even irresponsible work here!...

Edited by cunctatorg

To be honest, from many principal aspects, the SW:TOR;KotET expansion is superb and extraordinary; the story-line rocks with important, interesting and surprising events,

e.g. Darth Acina is a collaborator and former Supreme Chancellor Saresh is a back-stabbing *****!!...,

the landscapes' expansions (!) are superb, atmospheric, immersive and all ... but this failure was surprising, it never happened to me during the last five years!!

I guess it was quite hard to create levels of difficulty, that's why they postponed the third/second one...

Edited by cunctatorg

Veteran mode is simply a scaling up of enemy HP and particularly damage. In most cases that works okay, making it harder but not impossible. There are some cases where it has ludicrous results though; and initial list:

• Monolith boss, KotFE Chapter 2
  • Arcann, KotFE Chapter 16
  • All three bosses, KotET Chapter 2
  • Purification Droids for some classes, KotET Chapter 4
  • Rancor (without beast help), KotET Chapter 6
  • Horizon Guards & Captain, KotET Chapter 7

Are the ones I've identified so far.

Veteran mode is simply a scaling up of enemy HP and particularly damage. In most cases that works okay, making it harder but not impossible. There are some cases where it has ludicrous results though; and initial list:

I have to admit though that Chapter 2 of KotET is extraordinary and superb!! Yeeaaahhhhh!!!

Give us that ***** with a slave collar, together with her partner, at the same cleaning duty!!!.... :mad: And sharing the same bed, of course!!... :p

P.S. I am serious about that request!! :rolleyes: Well, for reasons of political correctness you can forget (for the time being...) about the same bed part of my humble and not-so-dark request!... However the slave collar and the cleaning duty is already (and officially!) legalized...

Edited by cunctatorg

Keep us informed please! I have the funny feeling that we are testing the difficulty levels though!... Jedi Healers for sure...

An -impossible to beat gathering- of Purification Droids in Veteran Mode Chapter IV!

When I decided to change the difficulty to Story Mode in order to run the story... , well ....

ONE ARMY of BIG, Purification Droids followed the gangs of the first Purification Droids and my Jedi Sage Healer was dead in no time!! ONE LEGION at least, it wasn't a bug, the BIG Purifiers, one after the other in huge columns!!!... :p

I felt like a test subject either for KotET or for Aries but eventually (after twice being defeated in Story Mode!!...) there wasn't a legion at last!!...

It seems to me that the programmers have some sense of humor... ;)

Edited by cunctatorg

Veteran mode is just a revert back to early launch difficulty, where you had to be well geared, and a few levels ahead of the planet you were on. You have to think about what you are doing more often, and tell your comp to get aggro. I had a harder time with the monolith in chapter 1 on Vet, then I did with any other boss in kotfe. Edited by cool-dude

Veteran mode is just a revert back to early launch difficulty, where you had to be well geared, and a few levels ahead of the planet you were on. You have to think about what you are doing more often, and tell your comp to get aggro. I had a harder time with the monolith in chapter 1 on Vet, then I did with any other boss in kotfe.

Nevertheless I completed Chapters 1 and 3 (of KotET) with my Jedi Healer and with minimum "casualties" and I also completed Chapter 5 (being level 69) with heavy "casualties" but with rating 216-224 gear, mostly rating 220! Then and only then I spent (being cap level) a few millions of credits in order to buy rating 228 mods (which I should buy when I was level 68...) and here I am for the time being... I'll keep you informed.

Edited by cunctatorg

one question.

did you kill the beasts using that special gun ray thingy? I ask because in my experience, the bonus quest only counts kills from that weapon thingy.

normal kills from your own skill bar and weapons do NOT contribute.

This is about Chapter 2 (of KotET) when you and your lady companion "pay a visit" at the Sith Empire (!...) and you are moving on Dromund Kaas.

Yes, normal killings do not contribute regarding the bonus; you have to make use of that special weapon continuously but your companion will also attack the beasts, that's OK.

No weapon use, no bonus. Of course you can try otherwise but the numbers in the bonus message will stay still.

• 3 years later...
I think most of the content is catered towards well-geared and 306 people. And also for people who know at least most of the mechanics. It would be too easy for all those types of players if they watered things down for the less geared and less knowledgeable players.

I think most of the content is catered towards well-geared and 306 people. And also for people who know at least most of the mechanics. It would be too easy for all those types of players if they watered things down for the less geared and less knowledgeable players.

When those people wrote those posts four years ago, the maximum gear score was 248.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I am a BH 306 gear and with a companion level 30 and I still have some incredible difficulties. Is it still achievable or the last extension crash the system?

It's hard to say for each player individually but I'm willing to bet for the really good ones it's still do-able. Also, are you referring to the same part of the expansion as in the OP or is this for the chapters in general?

I tried vet mode chapters a while ago and made it to about chapter 5 or so of KoTFE then a long time later I came back and did significantly better so I think it's mostly just learning the mechanics and practice. For the OP's concern about dying a lot while roaming DK's jungle with Acina I struggled a bit on vet mode but on master mode it felt 100% impossible for me to do at my current skill level.

What's different about some of these chapters now though is that you get auto-influence with Acina and Marr depending on the difficulty level you're playing. My Acina is level 49 on one of my toons after choosing master mode.

Edited by JYthelifesaver