Pre Season Ruined Ranked

CrazyTough

Unless there was some major gear or skill or character level changes why is pre season any longer than at very most 2 weeks?

If you can not sort out top 3s and rewards in 14 days at the very longest then maybe its time to move on.

At this point ranked is ruined, swtor twitch view numbers has plummeted because without people playing ranked the viewership drop significantly.

At this point I have to conclude that the people responsible for these decisions want ranked pvp to die. And not only that but while killing off ranked pvp they are also eroding the game itself. I can come up with no other conclusion other than that.

Sorry to hear that your preseason experience has been disappointing. I've seen many new players use preseason as a time to try solo ranked for the first time and hopefully prepare themselves for the season, and many experienced players try new classes that they wouldn't otherwise try during season.

If you are looking for competition and are located on the Star Forge server, I recommend queing for group ranked. While solo ranked pops have been inconsistent and infrequent during preseason, group ranked pops throughout the day with multiple teams from various skill levels in que. This is especially true during the weekends. It can be a good place for many solo ranked players to practice a different meta, learn better team coordination, and hone their skills. The level of competition is also much higher than solo ranked. If you can find three other friends, I really recommend queing group ranked. And who knows, maybe you win a couple games and earn yourself a couple billion credits along the way?

Edited by septru

Since you cannot really practice Ranked, why not. I mean if Season made a sense it would also be split in two parts as well.

We are going into no.14 and what really have changed since S1. I mean even a real pro sport like Soccor, football, tennis, basketball have like 8/9 months in and the rest is what you call friendlies or Pre-Season.

As a suggestion for people to practice I would also suggest BW to introduce an off time to Solo-Ranked Arena (say 0000 to 1500 can be anytime but it should be a time when game is not busy) and since we cannot have a separate button to que Solo-Arenas not ranked. It this time ranked will be without ranking.

uh...wut?

essplain pweeze

I remember the 8v8 ranked was just a preseason that lasted for a very long time, several months i cant remember exactly how many but i do recall many getting bored and/or frustrated that BW weren't implementing an actual season and lots of people just started falling off.

It didnt go into season for other reasons but at the time lots of us (friends that i played with) felt that the extended preseaon brought about its demise.

I remember the 8v8 ranked was just a preseason that lasted for a very long time, several months i cant remember exactly how many but i do recall many getting bored and/or frustrated that BW weren't implementing an actual season and lots of people just started falling off.

It didnt go into season for other reasons but at the time lots of us (friends that i played with) felt that the extended preseaon brought about its demise.

It lasted just over a year from June 2012 to August 2013. 1.4 to 2.3 if I remember well.

Apart season one never officially starting, what really pissed the majority of Ranked players at the time was that X-server was promised (along with S1 start) and never implemented.

It lasted just over a year from June 2012 to August 2013. 1.4 to 2.3 if I remember well.

Apart season one never officially starting, what really pissed the majority of Ranked players at the time was that X-server was promised (along with S1 start) and never implemented.

I imagine opening up server transfers and then announcing that 8v8 rated was being eliminated in favor of 4v4 arenas AFTER all the rated guilds (in NA) had consolidated to Pot5 was more galling.

I imagine opening up server transfers and then announcing that 8v8 rated was being eliminated in favor of 4v4 arenas AFTER all the rated guilds (in NA) had consolidated to Pot5 was more galling.

This whole "late spring" start of the season (which means approx a total of 4-5 months of pre season) is just another attempt by the dev team to ruin ranked. At this point I am surprised they have no just announced an end to ranked all together. Anyone can see they detest the ranked community. If you do not see that your not paying attention.

ah yes, thats right. I forgot about that whole X-server mess.

Season will start in about a week (max two) since PTS is down and we are very close to the launch of 6.3.

That would be how much six weeks of pre-season which is pretty normal IMO.

hush, child. this is a whine thread. don't staunch the tears! :D

A win trader, cheat, and multiple ranked banned player trying to lure players into g ranked to farm mats for credits. Nice try but after snave completely exposed you on live stream for 2 hours during your 1 on 1 interview with him Ill pass on your input.

it's preseason. I can't speak for other servers, but on SF, there really are a lot of pug, intra-guild, and the usual granked teams in granked queue. most of them are there b/c A) mat farming and B) wins/losses are meaningless b/c it's preseason. mind you, I say this knowing nothing about prum's illicit behaviors or punishments. I've only seen a few of his op videos.