Improving PvP Gaming Experience For All Players

x-Darkstorm-x

Suggestion :

How to improve PvP on SWTOR :

1. Disallow rank geared players into normal warzones.

2. Balance the 8 man team to two tanks, two healers and the rest dps.

3. Everyone has to enter warzones solo, no premade teams.

4. Bioware stop favouring the Republic with infinite perma-stuns on all weapons and skills, or, put a lock out of a player being able to be stunned a second time for at least 1 minute.

Suggestion :

4. Bioware stop favouring the Republic with infinite perma-stuns on all weapons and skills, or, put a lock out of a player being able to be stunned a second time for at least 1 minute.

Please dont have children. You gotta be one of those noobs with no augments does under 80k dmg and crys when you get no heals. Why would you want to disallow someone with gear from joining ? Oh you dont like playing against people who know what there doing you want wzs to be filled with 25k hp scrubs prolly like yourself this post is a target at elitests am i right?

Edited by Ashwinn

Suggestion :

1.) Why? The gear difference is so small it hardly makes a difference. I mean, I had an old toon restored who was still in partisan gear and I was doing perfectly fine out dpsing people in full brut gear. Gear makes a difference, knowing how to play makes an even bigger difference.

2.) Sorry but no. As much as I would love to see matchmaking the pvp population is way too small to do something like this in the current single server queue.

3.) MMO: "Massive Multiplayer Online." Make some damn friends.

4.) You do know all the classes are mirrored right? If you are being "perma stunned" then chances are you were out numbered....which means you were going to die anyways and the other players literally just wasted their CC's on you that probably could of been put to better use on a more high priority target over killing someone 3v1/4v1 etc...

Learn how to play then come back and complain.

Edited by Raansu

Please dont have children. You gotta be one of those noobs with no augments does under 80k dmg and crys when you get no heals. Why would you want to disallow someone with gear from joining ? Oh you dont like playing against people who know what there doing you want wzs to be filled with 25k hp scrubs prolly like yourself this post is a target at elitests am i right?

^LOL

That about sums it up.

Suggestion :

The only thing here that makes any sense is the 2nd but I wouldn't throw that in for 8 mans, just 4 man arenas when possible. I don't understand one team being all dps and the other having two healers and two dps...

Aside from that, your post makes no sense. Ever heard of mirror-classes?

Actually I am full PvP geared and augmented and the constant stuns are irritating, premades are irritating....over-organised nerds !...irritating...at least noobs have some sort of a life outside gaming...It is better to be a noob than be the nerd calling you one !....... SWG...we lovers of true SW MMO's miss you so much !........

Actually I am full PvP geared and augmented and the constant stuns are irritating, premades are irritating....over-organised nerds !...irritating...at least noobs have some sort of a life outside gaming...It is better to be a noob than be the nerd calling you one !....... SWG...we lovers of true SW MMO's miss you so much !........

Why is it people like you always love to claim that people who are good or do premades have no lives? I work all day, I leave work and I go straight to night class. I usually don't get home till around 10pm sometimes later and I still find time to play swtor to unwind for an hour or so and do premades with friends that are still online.

Just because people are good at the game and know how to socialize and, ya know, treat the game like an MMO and not a single player game doesn't some how make them have no lives. You wanna be casual? Fine. But don't get pissy at those that enjoy the game a certain way just because you refuse to socialize with other people and would rather just solo queue all the time.

Also, SWG does exist still. You think that game is so amazing? Go play that version that is currently available.

Suggestion :

1) Stupid

2) makes some sense, but might increase Q times

3) Also Stupid

4) How is the Republic favored? try rolling a pub, and you will be stunned just as much.

As someone coming back to the game who has been in the same pvp guild through various games over the last 7 years. We all quit soon after launch as Ilum was an awful mess. If you're new and aren't committed to a game yet finding a spot in a decent pre is not the simple task you all seem to make it.

If casuals can't enjoy the game in the end you're only hurting yourselves in the long run as pvp will become more and more empty. My main mmo for along time warhammer pretty much died this way and admittedly I was part of the crowd that made it completely unwelcoming to new players. Remember when a game is 2 years old every player that quits is not replaced.

Edited by Tellenn

As someone coming back to the game who has been in the same pvp guild through various games over the last 7 years. We all quit soon after launch as Ilum was an awful mess. If you're new and aren't committed to a game yet finding a spot in a decent pre is not the simple task you all seem to make it.

If casuals can't enjoy the game in the end you're only hurting yourselves in the long run as pvp will become more and more empty. My main mmo for along time warhammer pretty much died this way and admittedly I was part of the crowd that made it completely unwelcoming to new players. Remember when a game is 2 years old every player that quits is not replaced.

Filthy casuals are like flock of seaguls way too many in wz why have more? No fun just stomping them all day you cant have pvp based around causals lol.. pvp is supposed to be competative.

Filthy casuals are like flock of seaguls way too many in wz why have more? No fun just stomping them all day you cant have pvp based around causals lol.. pvp is supposed to be competative.

Unfortunately casuals are the life blood of any game. Even the ones that pretend to be competitive. Without them a game tends to die.

I can't see the class-roles in PvP working until cross server queuing. Wait times for DPS would be horrendous.

Why are Republic favoured? As far as I'm aware.. both Imp and Rep have mirrored abilities?

They are. The classes are mirrored.

This is the attitude that kills games.

This is the attitude that kills games.

There seems to be an attitude in the game that only people who 'know how to play' are entitled to play and that they should just 'go away'I see it happen in flashpoints and unranked PvP. I find these people incredibly arrogant and would love to see what would happen if they had the same attitude to people in the street.

PvE: I've been moaned at for 'not being geared' yet have the gear I need taken by people who do not need it.

"L2P! Idiots! Noobs!" etc. Very very constructive! If you are dealing with inexperienced players then give them a clue on what to do, or direct them to a website like dulfy (or a forum link here on how to progress). "Stay at the doors.", "Don't get pulled out/distracted!", "Don't cap all three :o!" etc etc. You might get a better PvP community eventually.

This game is going to die if the community doesn't support potential team mates.

dosent have be a nerd to be good, rofl

get you self some friends and group up, or buy a single player game where you can play Solo,

OMG. Solo WZ ain`t gonna happend, so stop the f complaining about it.

I think unranked warzones should only allow solo queue and ranked so only be group queue. A nice simple way to differentiate the two. The rest is filler, and PVP is not the challenge you are looking for. If no other mmo could make it work why would you think bioware has the silver bullet? It will always be full of posers taking about how hardcore they are while playing a video game.

I think unranked warzones should only allow solo queue and ranked so only be group queue. A nice simple way to differentiate the two. The rest is filler, and PVP is not the challenge you are looking for. If no other mmo could make it work why would you think bioware has the silver bullet? It will always be full of posers taking about how hardcore they are while playing a video game.

How about you make some friends and stop playing solo in a MMO?

Suggestion :

I will dovetail and reitierate what others are saying

1) dumbest idea ever. Besides, what would you consider a ranked player? If it's play ranked, what about the guy that tries it, gets his *** handed to him because he's undergeared, but then can't go back to normal zones because he's "ranked". What about the chance to play with friends and guildies?

2) would be nice, but not gonna happen unless the population on servers explodes or we get cross server queues. Besides the fact that don't you remember how long it takes to get queues for fp's, and you're waiting on tanks and healers. Same thing... end of pvp as we know it.

3) See end of point 1. Disallowing people to play with friends and guildies is an absolutely terrible idea. Pro-tip: get better and make your own.

4) Mirrored classes. try again,

It's an easy fix . Put all stuns on a 2 or 3 min lock out per player. With grenades and locks and stuns you can pretty well die before you know what happen. 1 stun per 2 or 3 min interval , fixes a lot of issues. PvP has gotten out of hand with the stuns and locks. It's bad game design. Filters are difficult and don't necessarily work. Allow people to choose the matches they enter. Or have people declare gear wise where they would like to fight, kind of like divisions. Not perfect and open to abuse, but you can have kicks based on gear if most agree.

Suggestion :

lol wat?

Edited by Joesixxpack

It's an easy fix . Put all stuns on a 2 or 3 min lock out per player. With grenades and locks and stuns you can pretty well die before you know what happen. 1 stun per 2 or 3 min interval , fixes a lot of issues. PvP has gotten out of hand with the stuns and locks. It's bad game design. Filters are difficult and don't necessarily work. Allow people to choose the matches they enter. Or have people declare gear wise where they would like to fight, kind of like divisions. Not perfect and open to abuse, but you can have kicks based on gear if most agree.

Have you ever heard of resolve? Maybe if you didn't use your escape on the first CC you get, you'd understand how the system works a bit better.

Or maybe it's the part I bolded. If you don't know what happened, that means you need to start reading the guides on this forum.

The rest of your post is pure garbage that makes no sense.