New warzone - groundwork has been laid?

Nothematic

Ancient Hypergates has been in the works for a while, yes. So your deduction from the screenie of the interface editor is correct.

It was even shown at a games fair (in Germany?) for people to try out, there are a couple of vids of people playing it. Apparently involves capping nodes outside, then all rushing into a room when that;'s done. Sounds sort of team-deathmatch.

Can't wait to see it myself, something new to do will be fun. Given 1.5 was PvE-centric, I'm hoping for the next content update, which would be just before/around Christmas. I have not seen Bioware promising this anywhere, just my speculation.

Edited by Wainamoinen

They had better have made significant changes to that wz since the last time it was sighted in public. Because with the changes to stealth classes in 1.4, the new wz as it was presented previously is broken.

That wz is an automatic win for a team with all stealth players. 2 op healers, 2 op dps and 4 tank assassins is a good combo. Stealth, pick 2 targets, and use back stab/knockdown/stuns to get 2 easy kills in 4v1s. Exit combat stealth and wait til your CDs are off. Rinse and repeat. The other side will never get a kill. When the time comes to fight for the center room, use the same opening and then continue fighting with your 8v6 advantage.

In every other wz, you can defeat a stealth player by forcing him to exit combat and run away. You then get the territorial objective. But in Deathmatch you can't do that. In Deathmatch, the ability to avoid death via exit combat stealth trumps everything.