Looking for gear advice

Iram

Currently I'm running four 72 set Armorings, a 72 barrel, and everything else 78's.

All numbers are with full buffs.

For Mods:

7x +Pwr

2x +Crit

For Enhancements:

3x +Pwr, +Surge

2x +Pwr, +Accuracy

1x +Crit, +Accuracy

1x +Crit, +Surge

Crystals are both +Pwr.

Ear is Oriconian (+Crit, +Surge).

Implants are Oriconian (+Crit, +Acc) and Dread Forged (+Pwr, +Acc).

------------

That gives me a total of

3641 Aim

943 Power

470 Accuracy (100.43%)

436 Crit (30.96% in Gunnery, 35.96% in Assault)

470 Surge (72.96%)

0 Alacrity

------------

The accuracy is a little high, but if I pull out any Accuracy piece I'd end up with way too low accuracy.

I'm thinking I should buy the Boltmaster Helm (Power Mod, Crit+Accuracy enhance) and the Boltmaster Gloves (Power Mod, Power+Surge enhance). After pulling the mods and enhancements from that, I'd be trading 216 crit for 216 power. The result would be a total of 220 Crit and 1159 Power. Does this seam reasonable?

Currently I'm running four 72 set Armorings, a 72 barrel, and everything else 78's.

All numbers are with full buffs.

For Mods:

7x +Pwr

2x +Crit

For Enhancements:

3x +Pwr, +Surge

2x +Pwr, +Accuracy

1x +Crit, +Accuracy

1x +Crit, +Surge

Crystals are both +Pwr.

Ear is Oriconian (+Crit, +Surge).

Implants are Oriconian (+Crit, +Acc) and Dread Forged (+Pwr, +Acc).

------------

That gives me a total of

3641 Aim

943 Power

470 Accuracy (100.43%)

436 Crit (30.96% in Gunnery, 35.96% in Assault)

470 Surge (72.96%)

0 Alacrity

------------

The accuracy is a little high, but if I pull out any Accuracy piece I'd end up with way too low accuracy.

I'm thinking I should buy the Boltmaster Helm (Power Mod, Crit+Accuracy enhance) and the Boltmaster Gloves (Power Mod, Power+Surge enhance). After pulling the mods and enhancements from that, I'd be trading 216 crit for 216 power. The result would be a total of 220 Crit and 1159 Power. Does this seam reasonable?

I'd say yes, because since you aren't using the Adept/Initiative/Battle/Assault enhancements, you dont have as much power as you should. I'd even go so far as to suggest swapping an earpiece for the med-techs power/surge one, and then use all 72 enhancements with the exception of 2 (giving you 440 accuracy rating, which is just above the 436 needed for 100%), but then again in less than a month the 78s are going to be craftable so you can just obtain them then as 78s.

If this is for PvE i'd say switch 2 crit mods or enhances for power ones. Then you are at the high end of what is considered decent crit. Crit rating is a bit of a mystery on what is the most optimal but you are above the limit at the moment. Edited by LordKantner

It's been true since the crit/surge nerf that 200-odd crit is optimal.

Very small amount but its better than power.

However by the same very small amount you can carry on to 400 and still not notice anything in a parse.

This is why it's unimportant if you get a new piece with crit mods, if it replaces power mods it really is no big deal to your output, in fact if its the next tier up it will be an improvement.