Artifice - Where to Find a White Lightsaber Crystal (And other rares)

WraithAscendant

I have killed ulgo 46 times. If he does drop the white crystal, it is a sub 5% drop(probably closer to 1% or below, but statistically with .95 confidence, 5%). I have also had a customer service droid confirm that he is not currently bugged, although they would not confirm if the crystal has been removed.

Therefore, either it's a super rare or he DOES NOT drop it.

I will post my full loot table findings for him once i hit 50 kills.

It drops from all world bosses I think.

I got the magenta one today. we did almost all world bosses (not the totaly low lvl ones) and that was pretty much the only useful item we got :D but still fun.

Now I just need to RE a t2 lightsaber or find out how to get a adegen crystal, since like alot of people point out the one on ilum is always depleyted (even when I logged in just after server maitenence)

So I guess its just bugged or there is some other way to get it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it´s just me but the limitation of colors is just bad.

Hmm maybe it´s just the 7 standard colors man limitation part or something, but cooome on. I hope there is no SW Lore that limits it. In other terms More colors please.

Ohh being here and mentioning things...Artifice should simply include epic/legendary colors or effects.

I am not sure if RE'ing crystals like Cyan or purple wll yield a schematic. Has anyone else tried this?
I was just wondering what "Black Blue - Republic Columi Gear" meant, do I RE it or do I just pick it off?

As a confirmed and dedicated EU zealot, here's what I can say, lore-wise, in regards to color crystals:

The color of your lightsaber has nothing to do with your alignment (i.e. - Leia's [as in, Princess] saber is described as ruby-red, Exar Kun [sith Lord] had a purple lightstaff, etc.) The color is merely the creator's preference.

No lightsaber can have a black blade, as light cannot be black. They all have white cores because they're blades of solid light. The glow is a color because that light is being diffused through a crystal focus. The color of the crystal denotes the color of the blade.

Honestly, I'd rather the color crystals not have any stat bonus and simply denote the color of the blade. Let the power crystals add the stat bonuses. Give us more freedom of choice as a Jedi's lightsaber should be as unique as the owner of said weapon. Lore-wise, each Jedi builds his or her own lightsaber and the weapon is specific to his or her particular tastes.

All that being said...I'll hunt down a white crystal until I find one. I hope it's in the game. I need my silver blade, darn it.

As a confirmed and dedicated EU zealot, here's what I can say, lore-wise, in regards to color crystals:

The color of your lightsaber has nothing to do with your alignment (i.e. - Leia's [as in, Princess] saber is described as ruby-red, Exar Kun [sith Lord] had a purple lightstaff, etc.) The color is merely the creator's preference.

No lightsaber can have a black blade, as light cannot be black. They all have white cores because they're blades of solid light. The glow is a color because that light is being diffused through a crystal focus. The color of the crystal denotes the color of the blade.

Honestly, I'd rather the color crystals not have any stat bonus and simply denote the color of the blade. Let the power crystals add the stat bonuses. Give us more freedom of choice as a Jedi's lightsaber should be as unique as the owner of said weapon. Lore-wise, each Jedi builds his or her own lightsaber and the weapon is specific to his or her particular tastes.

All that being said...I'll hunt down a white crystal until I find one. I hope it's in the game. I need my silver blade, darn it.

You and me both my friend

No lightsaber can have a black blade, as light cannot be black.

I agree with everything except from what above. There is a black light saber in the EU, however it was not originally designed to be so, thanks to George Lucas we have a black Light saber.

If we are looking at pure physics and the spectrum of Electromagnetic radiation then no light can not be black, however physics does not apply in the Star Wars universe. The EU has a trans-dimensional gelatinous cube named Waru. Who had his own cult.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_%28lightsaber%29

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Waru

Edited by azarath

They should just add the color crystals to artifice as a bonus to the profession. A way to change the color of the saber, but requires the player to be an artifice at max level. Adding small bonuses like this is in the right direction of given each crew skill it's own set of perks for leveling that profession to max level. Edited by Knockerz

This was recently shown to me

It's actually not difficult at all. There is no RNG element involved, nor do you need to be running around in endgame gear to obtain it, nor do you need an Operation to do so.

You may need a bit of time, but not a crazy amount either. All classes are capable of obtaining it. Think of it as something like a datacron.

Of course you also need to find an Artifice capable crafter with the recipe to turn the raw crystal it into a Lightsaber crystal, but for the right price, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Honestly, I was a bit amazed to find out that it is possible to have a mystery like this in an MMO. It's been in the game for a few months now (since beta).

Why the mystery? Why not serve it on a platter to those who want the color?

Well, for the same reason there aren't vendors at the start of the game with all the outfits, colors, colors, weapon appearances, etc. Because this is an RPG - some things are earned, not just handed to you on a silver platter. If you want them, you have to play the game.

Yes, we know character appearance is important for people. Hence many of the choices we made in the game, hence us adjusting many features based on feedback from the community during beta. However, the acquisition of appearance options is still a part of the game. You earn appearance past character creation, in various ways.

As said, the magenta adegan crystal is available for everyone and eventually someone will figure out how to get it. It's rare because it's undiscovered, not rare because it's terribly hard to get.

And, because I'm such a nice person today, I'll throw in one hint to get you started:

As for 273.15 They sound like coordinates to me. Will update MAgenta

First Step - Tattooine: Click the base plate of any Water Vaporator ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moisture_vaporator ) for a refresh buff (waterglass icon) -- I found mine north of Mos Ila, but they are scattered about. Note: they seem to be on a fairly long cooldown.

Second Step - Travel to the top of the really tall mountain on Hoth (X-907,Y 637) - The closest speeder is at the Leth Outpost and the mountain is clearly visible from here. Your buff will disappear and you will get the "Pure Shockfrozen Water" item placed into your inventory.

Third Step - Take a couple of level 50 friends and go to the Depleted White Adegan Crystal node on Ilum; to the west (-553,-5) and click it. A Force Ghost will spawn from the frozen pool (boss level 50 mob). A crystal will then spawn for the group a few yards away from the depleted crystal. Loot this for the Magenta Crystal.

note: the moisture vaporator's are around outpost Rennar in the Jundland area of tatooine

CONFIRMED: drops from a nearby crystal formation that appears after you defeat the force ghost, seems only 1 crystal per formation, though no one else in the group had the frozen water to summon the ghost we could only try it once.

few pics:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_55_33_063275.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_57_23_826611.jpg

forgot to screenshot the crystal formation that spawned.

steps 1 through 3 were provided by the OP at

i simply copied and pasted the info to this thread Edited by Taskcommnda

just a couple other points. just got my magenta. each person seemed to have gotten 1 crystal from the pocket (all 4 people in our group were able to loot).

also, when the shade was defeated, 2 poeple lost their frozen water, so possibly it removes all water from everyone in group.

First Step - Tattooine: Click the base plate of any Water Vaporator ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moisture_vaporator ) for a refresh buff (waterglass icon) -- I found mine north of Mos Ila, but they are scattered about. Note: they seem to be on a fairly long cooldown.

Second Step - Travel to the top of the really tall mountain on Hoth (X-907,Y 637) - The closest speeder is at the Leth Outpost and the mountain is clearly visible from here. Your buff will disappear and you will get the "Pure Shockfrozen Water" item placed into your inventory.

Third Step - Take a couple of level 50 friends and go to the Depleted White Adegan Crystal node on Ilum; to the west (-553,-5) and click it. A Force Ghost will spawn from the frozen pool (boss level 50 mob). A crystal will then spawn for the group a few yards away from the depleted crystal. Loot this for the Magenta Crystal.

note: the moisture vaporator's are around outpost Rennar in the Jundland area of tatooine

CONFIRMED: drops from a nearby crystal formation that appears after you defeat the force ghost, seems only 1 crystal per formation, though no one else in the group had the frozen water to summon the ghost we could only try it once.

few pics:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_55_33_063275.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_57_23_826611.jpg

forgot to screenshot the crystal formation that spawned.

steps 1 through 3 were provided by the OP at

i simply copied and pasted the info to this thread

Nice! Updated with new info!

Edited by WraithAscendant