Have a nice cup of harden the heck up

Toxicsox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP- Nice post! I don't pvp as much as I once did.....but when i have pvp'ed recently I have been plesently surprised at the speed at which teh "regulars" decimate groups, and also at how well they work togather:)

It is obvious from what I have seen lately theat there are quite a few people within the pvp community that not only know how to play their charcaters extremly well, but also work incredibly well togather as a group/team.

That's why we flow so well together. MVP is like a little family. You just don't **** with family

That and a lot of our dps like to 1v1 so we just end up dueling hours at a time sometimes to improve each others abilities and turns us into efficient killing machines. dueling isn't only for 1v1s. Learning to smack down classes efficiently helps you out against the ppl who don't just stand still and take it up the butt.(which I don't personally mind doing myself somtimes *wink* *wink*

That aside, enjoy getting railed by 6k lul sweeps while my computer sucks.

Lul sweep spec is good for playing bads while vigi is for playing good. Easy right?!

Luckily so many bads out and about I can play aoe spec and wreck since it doesn't require fast paced movement that my computer can't handle to play.

Actually learned a lot about aoe spec from Kramer by watching him months back since he was the only amazing aoe spec player I knew

Edited by Mosh_Mosh_Mosh

I get the feeling that your problems with Zanshiri are a lot more personal and drama whatnot than simply a spec issue

Not true, in fact from our side it appears she takes it alot more personally than intended. The problem with the blind talent has been well documented and frapsed/youtubed. She seems to take it as a personal slight against her when people are annoyed by it.

You have an extremely melee heavy team

We actually dont have a set team. We play when we can with the best we can. But we dont feel the need to make people play a specific class/playstyle simply because it's FoTM/OP at the current time. People play what they want to, and we have fun! :D

For example in one Novare Coast against you, Seis and I were guarding a node and he had a guard on me (Zanshiri was at a different node, so you can't complain about her bubbles in this situation.)

Noone's complaining about your team/playstyle or any specific game. People are complaining about the ability/talent itself. This circumstance you're talking about is pretty messed up. Obviously i wasn't there, or i would have been focussing you (as usual ;)) Obviously some people need to get slapped into line! :p

You have good individuals on your team, and atm you are suffering from bad class composition

Thanks! :) We appreciate the compliment. Yeah we are still teaching some people, so mistakes are bound to happen. Our class makeup is also never set, so what we have - we play with.

but I'm seeing a lot of silly mistakes and then hearing a lot of complaining about bubbles that don't seem all that related.

You are completely right. They are, and always have been, 2 diff subjects entirely.

I've won every WZ I've played today, I've not had any cross healing and only played 2 WZs with bubble stuns and the other 6+ games I played without. It made no difference at all to the outcome, and almost every game I played was against people in Seraphic Nexus.

I only played 1 or 2 of those games earlier i think? You're right, those games had nothing to do with bubble stuns. Entirely to do with 6ish FoTM/OP MVP guildies VS. 2-3 of us + awesome pugs (Mrmjratcough)

It's starting to get a bit personal where they are saying stuff in /say at the end of WZs to me about the bubble stuns.

If people are /saying at you, i apologize. If you could let me know, in game, some of these people, i'd like to have a chat to them. As that's not something we encourage or support. I personally would have no hesitation removing them if they're making slanderous insulting comments. That being said - Jwalsh.... /say slander king of warzones. Always good for a lol when he starts talking :p

Bubble stuns may be a problem but there is a lot more your guild could be doing to perform better and compete better, and you guys are starting to see bubbles where there are none. You know scoundrels can't bubble right? ;)

Couldn't agree more. Composition and gear (for some) is definately a defining difference. Gear can be obtained, but we aren't going to force people to play a class/spec that they dont enjoy, just to make a competitive match. Also, scoundrels cant bubble??!!

We appreciate your observations and feedback Dom. You and Mosh are always a blast to talk to :)

When all is said and done, you guys are on a different time to us (in terms of active time). So it's not really a big deal. Most of our key members are heading to bed as yours are logging on. Hopefully once we finish gearing up some people, and get a team together we're satisfied with, we'll be able to have some good games against you.

Mosh, the only 3 sorcs/sages that have played bubble burst from the start even when it was only a mezz that I know of was, Labyrinth (Hybrid heals), Myself (Hybrid Dps) and Wolvie (Hybrid Heals). Im assuming your talking about wolvie and I hope hes back as I havent seen him on for ages

Mosh, the only 3 sorcs/sages that have played bubble burst from the start even when it was only a mezz that I know of was, Labyrinth (Hybrid heals), Myself (Hybrid Dps) and Wolvie (Hybrid Heals). Im assuming your talking about wolvie and I hope hes back as I havent seen him on for ages

No im sure hes talking about Treyice

The master of the damn blind bubble is the sorceror from NS who returned recently and I'm having a brain fart on his name. When I first played the spec on my guardian he was squish and actually fun to try and kill. Only till I played him on my sentinel did I really realize he wasn't only good but he was a beaaaaaaast due to losing a lot of abilities that my guardian had. Now that he's back and I'm playing my guardian I can't kill him anymore cuz my computer is too crappy and it makes me sad cuz he was actually a challenge and I enjoyed playing him. If youre reading this computer will come in mail soon and we can enjoy our confrontations again :) but atm enjoy easily kiting me :(. Anyways, why don't you just grab him(his name will pop up in here soon I'm sure) and do ranked with him orrrrr we'll just play without Labby. Either or, we win, like always.

Wolvie is who you're talking about I think?

Everyone's been getting along lately but now with this crap that you've gone and put? Basing our slaughterings on blind bubbles?

Woah. I dont think anyone has made this a personal issue against you guys. If anyone has made it personal/taken it personally i think it's Zanshiri. Whenever the bubble issue gets called into question she gets defensive about it. Anything i've ever said has been directed at the talent, not the person. And no matter how you look at it, a 3 sec hard stun with no GCD, that gives the resolve of a Mez not a stun with a 17sec CD, for anyone on your team, is broken.

It doesn't matter if it effects you or not, or if you think it would/wouldnt impact you, the facts are the facts.

As for the rest, no we dont blame your wins on the blind bubble. As Dom pointed out, your composition and gear is superior to ours. Thats the majority of reason behind the losses. The perma stuns from blinds on top of that is just insult to injury :p

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. The rated games win/losses, and the broken talent are 2 completely separate issues. I'm not entirely sure how this is being confused.

Edited by Timbohh

but yeh if MVP are going to click the bubbles off for an extra stun let them just proves they need any little advantage to win warzones just like /stuck in warzones ehh.'

should be more concerned of the mass amounts of assault vanguards they are rerolling

Skipped rest of thread. Replying to this in general.

Active Vanguards in MVP.

J'hellsing (me) First toon I levelled to 50. Played the class since I started TOR.

Axr. Used to be in Proteus with me. Quite possibly that this was his first 50 on dalborra as well.

Pixiee. Rolled for the lulz. Probably the only one that (re)rolled a VG for their battle prowess.

Tetsu. tank.

Sagade. (Hasn't hit 50 yet) comes from playing a mercenary. Found the mechanics of a vanguard far easier to learn.

Arikell (not 50 yet) has a million different toons. Only a matter of time till he rolled a VG as well, right?

Seis. Logs in every now and then.

Taktikx. Tak rarely plays 50s.

Vashenko. (not 50 yet)

So out of all the Vanguards that actually log in, only one has rolled it as a secondary alt.

No problem with the bubble blind spec, I've run it and it's totally valid. If I was able to keep up with those damn maras that keep LOSing my heals, I might stick with it.

The thing that does need a nerf is the damn V1siesmic grenades. My sorc stacks them because they are op. Perhaps, put them on a 5-10 minute cool down, get rid of them altogether from PVP.

Seismic grenades on a void star door when it opens, is clever so I guess thats ok. but as a sent,

I'm not the fastest player, but when I am watching my target use their skills and use up their stuns, I try to go in for the bursty kill. But then, BLAMMO! No soup for me. And it happens time and again. Just not fun.

The Bubble Story - Part Two

Word has spread through out the world of Dalborra of Zanshiri's defiance of the L2P people, she wouldn't back down and wouldn't take the abuse any longer. Suddenly people were approaching her with stories of their tales of hardship from the L2P people. People who's reputations had been attacked due to their own defiance of the L2P people, entire communities who were constantly beaten upon by the L2P people.

For it seemed on the field of battle the L2P people had equipped themselves with the best armor and weapons available. Once this was done they would arrange a contest with other, weaker communities in order to assure their victory. They would beat these teams for hours, never wavering, never showing mercy. When a stronger team presented itself to challenge the L2P they turned and fled, unwilling to face them as they had no honor on their field of battle.

Zanshiri was still staying strong in the face of the wrath she had set upon the world of Dalborra, many had suggested she was taking the attacks to personally, over reacting to the situation thrust on her. But Zanshiri knew the truth, she had friends in many places, loyal friends who would inform her of the evil lies being told about her. She could tell the community about the words being said, the lies, the hurtful accusations. But she would not lower herself to that level. She had the truth on her side, she knew that she had done no wrong.

After the smoke had cleared and the guilty had the spotlight shine on their evil lies she would stand victorious! While the road may be long and hard, she would fight, she would not back down, and she would spread her rage for as long as it took for the people of Dalborra to be free of the tyrants!

To Be Continued ..........

On a serious note, that video that people have been linking, about the "OPness" of bubble burst, really? Really really? No one had noticed it has been edited the hell out of? Every time you click off your bubble you lose the damage reduction it provides. As for the resolve issue, it needs to be low as its a uncontrollable 3 second stun, if the resole from it is to high, then it messes with intentional CC when attempting to cap a node. You need to realize that the point of the stun is to allow the sorc or sage time to get a distance on the person attacking them. While I do agree that the effect should only be on the person casting it, the fact that people are unable to take the 2 seconds to counter it is not my fault. That falls only on the person breaking the bubble in the first place. MVP do not need my bubbles to win, they were winning before I came to this server, and they will continue to win if i leave this server. This is the reason I rerolled in the first place. I am serious about my pvp and I eventually always work my way up the players tree to play with the best people. I did this on the US server, then on the pvp server, and have done it now on the pve server.

If people are insulted by this statement I wish I didn't have to say it, I tried to be extremely polite about it, but I was not left alone about the issue. To the people who say I have taken the issue to personally, you do not have all the information, the only people that know of the things I have had to put up with are my guildies in MVP and a few friends. Yes the attacks have been personal, and hurtful. But i don't sit in the corner and cry like a little girl about it, which is the reason for this thread. If you push me, I will push back.

Sorry for the essay, promise the next post will just be the entertaining story mode that I have had a lot of positive feedback about. If your going to stick your middle finger up at someone, may as well have a good laugh about it :D

All this effort to justify the use of a broken ability, fix the resolve it gives and there its fixed. Its not a mez its stun(and being stunned for 2 seconds can really kill you) give it the same amount of resolve as the 2 second stun pts/vangaurds get.

But why we don't change the knight/warrior's or the smuggler/agent's mez to a proper stun of the same duration and leave the same resolve it gives as a mez and look you have the stun bubble problem :eek: minus the fact you can't cast the mez as a bubble on your own team for multiple aoe mez's.

Edited by aVmuse

Skipped rest of thread. Replying to this in general.

Active Vanguards in MVP.

J'hellsing (me) First toon I levelled to 50. Played the class since I started TOR.

Axr. Used to be in Proteus with me. Quite possibly that this was his first 50 on dalborra as well.

Pixiee. Rolled for the lulz. Probably the only one that (re)rolled a VG for their battle prowess.

Tetsu. tank.

Sagade. (Hasn't hit 50 yet) comes from playing a mercenary. Found the mechanics of a vanguard far easier to learn.

Arikell (not 50 yet) has a million different toons. Only a matter of time till he rolled a VG as well, right?

Seis. Logs in every now and then.

Taktikx. Tak rarely plays 50s.

Vashenko. (not 50 yet)

So out of all the Vanguards that actually log in, only one has rolled it as a secondary alt.

Wait so the 3 Assault vanguards ive played the past few days from mvp in lowbie pvp ....?

So your saying your mass recruiting assault vanguards even better !!

Wait so the 3 Assault vanguards ive played the past few days from mvp in lowbie pvp ....?

I feel guilty that im contributing to the vanguard spam, i made one too!

There's only 3 sub 50 vanguards queuing in MVP right now I think... Sagade, Ahenobarb, and myself (Vashenko).

Sagade is a recruit from the imperial side that we got when we made IMVP, he rerolled pub and made a vanguard since he played mercenary before (as J'h said)... Ahenobarb is Czevak, why he rolled a vanguard Idk but he doesn't play on pub side all that often anyway (even though he should! :)). I rolled a vanguard because I already have a level 50 guardian, commando, scoundrel, gunslinger, mercenary, operative, juggernaut, marauder, and assassin. So sue me for wanting a vanguard as well. :p

I didn't think I'd like the vanguard at 50 so I've never really bothered with the AC till now, but I had tried my commando out as assault for a bit and I enjoyed it more than I thought and decided to level the vanguard version. C'est ca.

We have a lot of people that aren't vanguards in sub 50 also. Commandos guardians sentinels sages and a couple scoundrels all lately.

Edited by Michka

Uhm... when do we get to the part where you make a valid point about MVP rerolling to vanguards?

I dunno Carthy, up until now I had a certain amount of respect for you. And I still do. You're a good player, but your attitude seems to... how to say it... piss people off.

Edited by -Holmes

Uhm... when do we get to the part where you make a valid point about MVP rerolling to vanguards?

I dunno Carthy, up until now I had a certain amount of respect for you. And I still do. You're a good player, but your attitude seems to... how to say it... piss people off.

I think what he's trying to say is that he doesn't want more people rolling his PT's spec because he somehow thinks it's *his*?

Who *********** cares. Let people play what classes they want to play. If you don't like it or think it's lame, play a class that can beat it. Simple as that. Or, to make life simpler for the rest of us, quit the game :)

A bit more on topic, in regards to the bubble stun; can people please stop whining about it in general / PvP / say chat channels? It's becoming increasingly annoying. If you think it is broken and (apparently) BioWare are aware that it isn't working the way they intend it to, then take the consolation in the fact that it will be fixed soon. Don't abuse players for using the spec to their advantage.

There is nothing stopping people on BOTH factions from doing it. You can't tell someone not to use a completely valid class spec when people in your own guilds (or, for that matter, FACTION) are not willing to do the same.

I mean come on, that's essentially like saying "Oh hey guys, we don't have anyone on the Imperial faction who specs hybrid Tank Assassin anymore, so, you Republic guys aren't allowed to anymore, k thx bai"..

If anything, versing players who are spec'd into the bubble stun helps you grow as a PvPer because it makes you devise new tactics to take players down that perhaps you wouldn't normally use or have even thought of trying.

That's just my input.

Edited by BennyKrak

It brings the game to a halt and takes out any aspect of a competitive match. While I know you have told all our sorcs how to use the spec none of them like it, they feel it can be abused too easily and don’t want that poor conduct on their name.

You may want to discuss this with your guild sorcs tbh. Many of them were in fact running around with bubble burst spec last night. Maybe the issue was never about the morals of playing the spec, maybe people didn't understand how to play the spec or spec it? (no offense to people who just changed, some of you are super nice, just making a point)

You may want to discuss this with your guild sorcs tbh. Many of them were in fact running around with bubble burst spec last night. Maybe the issue was never about the morals of playing the spec, maybe people didn't understand how to play the spec or spec it? (no offense to people who just changed, some of you are super nice, just making a point)

I dont think anyone will take offense to this :)

Honestly i think the reason 1-2 people from our guild have changed now, isn't because they didn't understand the build/playstyle before hand, I think it more stems from the fact that they feel if they dont run this build now, they are letting the rest of the team down.

At least one of the people i've spoken to that has changed really doesn't enjoy this build, but he/she feels that he/she has to run it. Which is unfortunate. Something about SWTOR that i've always liked has been the diversity and playability of most of the different builds for all classes/characters.