Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Suggestion: Revising Electro Net

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Suggestion: Revising Electro Net

Zurules
06.27.2019 , 08:39 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Yeah, Hottie is simply wrong on that point. Merc dcds clearly need nerfing, which is obvious to anyone that plays solo ranked regularly (obligatory reminder that granked is dead and therefore irrelevant to the discussion).
You still having trouble with merc dcds ??? When 5.0 was released those dcds were too strong and they did nerf them to a good and fair point.

Merc dcds do not need any additional nerfing, that is obvious to anyone who plays this game at the highest levels.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

kissingaiur
06.27.2019 , 08:45 AM | #252
Yeah, Hottie is simply wrong on that point. Merc dcds clearly need nerfing, which is obvious to anyone that plays solo ranked regularly (obligatory reminder that granked is dead and therefore irrelevant to the discussion).

But to me, nerfing multiple nets with a bastion debuff would be a relatively easy change that would help one particular problem: multiple mercs stacking net onto one target one after the other. That's it. A lot of people in this thread have really over-complicated the matter.
i only brought this up because people were whining about also buffing mercs in reaction to the "nerf"s i suggested . adding bastion doesn't effect mercs in the slightest. all it does is change how net functions when there is more then one in play. the point was, they didn't need a buff to counter this "nerf" because mercs are basically unchanged.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

kissingaiur
06.27.2019 , 08:49 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
snip
if you need 2 nets back to back to kill a healer that is a l2p issue
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

JediMasterAlex
06.27.2019 , 08:51 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
You still having trouble with merc dcds ???
I never said I had trouble with merc dcds. I win against multiple mercs all the time. That doesn't mean that their dcds aren't too strong.

Merc dcds do not need any additional nerfing, that is obvious to anyone who plays this game at the highest levels.
Just nonsense, as usual. It's very strange to me that some people like to pretend that this game is somehow in a state of perfect balance. Just because everything can be worked around or overcome does not mean that it's as good as it can be. I'm not sure why people are so happy to settle for mediocrity.

Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
i only brought this up because people were whining about also buffing mercs in reaction to the "nerf"s i suggested . adding bastion doesn't effect mercs in the slightest. all it does is change how net functions when there is more then one in play. the point was, they didn't need a buff to counter this "nerf" because mercs are basically unchanged.
I see, my bad for misinterpreting.

Zurules
06.27.2019 , 10:49 AM | #255
I never said I had trouble with merc dcds. I win against multiple mercs all the time. That doesn't mean that their dcds aren't too strong.

Just nonsense, as usual. It's very strange to me that some people like to pretend that this game is somehow in a state of perfect balance. Just because everything can be worked around or overcome does not mean that it's as good as it can be. I'm not sure why people are so happy to settle for mediocrity.
1. they got a 25% dr sheild (possibility of 40% at end heal if attacked 10 times during duration)
2. adrenal rush to 60%
3. reflect which only stops anti burst for very short period and is completely useless vs dots and aoe.
4. they can absorb 2 force/tech abilities

What is too strong to you? an individual dcd? or the fact they have 3 and a quater of them?

Nothing in terms of pvp will ever be "perfect" balance. Everything has an element of rock/paper/scissors. This game just has to include that element with 24 different specs. On top of that, you must include teamwork into that calculation (i'll remind you that this is a team game). Balance is extremely complicated and requires them to take into account ALL the variables to try and get as close as possible to it.

Werronious
06.27.2019 , 11:02 AM | #256
1. they got a 25% dr sheild (possibility of 40% at end heal if attacked 10 times during duration)
2. adrenal rush to 60%
3. reflect which only stops anti burst for very short period and is completely useless vs dots and aoe.

What is too strong to you? an individual dcd? or the fact they have 3 and a quater of them?

Nothing in terms of pvp will ever be "perfect" balance. Everything has an element of rock/paper/scissors. This game just has to include that element with 24 different specs. On top of that, you must include teamwork into that calculation (i'll remind you that this is a team game). Balance is extremely complicated and requires them to take into account ALL the variables to try and get as close as possible to it.
problem with mercs are they top every pvp game.

crits are 35k plus always
topping dmg meter
great self heals
reflect
2 stuns
9 sec net (which ticks for 5k and locking down all abilities)

if they wont nerf their dmg nerf net so it can be cleansable. So if i choose to wait and use my cleanse on net it should be that way.

JediMasterAlex
06.27.2019 , 11:36 AM | #257
2. adrenal rush to 60%

This is a perfect example of how out of touch you are with pvp as it currently stands, and exactly why all of your past success is totally meaningless when discussing current issues in pvp. Sadly, you have nothing of value to add.

More incoherent babble. I never said it ever would or should be perfect. But they should be constantly doing balance tweaks, like virtually every other competitive game does. It's laughable to suggest that this game is as balanced as it could be.

KendraP
06.27.2019 , 11:49 AM | #258
Are you two really starting it up again?

You come from two different perspectives: yolos and granked.

Maybe you could just accept that the problems you encounter in your respective formats skew your perspective on the other person's problems?

/popcorn for the inevitable though

Rion_Starkiller
06.27.2019 , 01:06 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post

Maybe you could just accept that the problems you encounter in your respective formats skew your perspective on the other person's problems?

/popcorn for the inevitable though
you can cut the sexual tension with a knife
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Zurules
06.27.2019 , 02:12 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post

nah , no point repeating myself with what alex can't learn.

I have perspectives from both solos and group ranked (granted g ranked more recently)
and since i know alex will say that my solo ranked experience is in the past. Season 9 when mercs were not nerfed and dcds were too strong, i got top 3 as dps shadow in solo ranked during that time period.