It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

Washingtoon

With war hero gear being so easy to get. It shouldn't take more then a week of grinding to finish min/maxing the gear people need. So, bringing a group that is under geared shouldn't be very hard I would think. And the difference in stats is very small unless they are in recruit gear. Really comes down to coordination and how you handle certain situation. I'm not in anyway saying gear does not matter. I just think that the gear level should start to be evening out since war hero is so easy to obtain now.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With war hero gear being so easy to get. It shouldn't take more then a week of grinding to finish min/maxing the gear people need. So, bringing a group that is under geared shouldn't be very hard I would think. And the difference in stats is very small unless they are in recruit gear. Really comes down to coordination and how you handle certain situation. I'm not in anyway saying gear does not matter. I just think that the gear level should start to be evening out since war hero is so easy to obtain now.

i think one of the issues is people don't know how to min/max

i think one of the issues is people don't know how to min/max

^ this.

We had a guy on that team ask us after "I'm new to MMOs, so I'm going to feel dumb, but what does 'min/max' mean?"

That isn't to slight that player or make them feel bad, but when you have (a) a fully optimal group make up, and (b) all truly min/maxed players from Physics opposing you with this on your team, you're really in for a butt whipping.

You can say what you want about coordination, strategy, etc. but it really comes down to this. It's why you don't see hordes of ROTJ queuing right now. We have a lot of players taking a break, focusing on school, etc. that would make up the "A Team" -- and until we can coach these players up, you likely won't see us much in ranked consistently.

^ this.

We had a guy on that team ask us after "I'm new to MMOs, so I'm going to feel dumb, but what does 'min/max' mean?"

That isn't to slight that player or make them feel bad, but when you have (a) a fully optimal group make up, and (b) all truly min/maxed players from Physics opposing you with this on your team, you're really in for a butt whipping.

You can say what you want about coordination, strategy, etc. but it really comes down to this. It's why you don't see hordes of ROTJ queuing right now. We have a lot of players taking a break, focusing on school, etc. that would make up the "A Team" -- and until we can coach these players up, you likely won't see us much in ranked consistently.

ID > Physics nowadays. Didn't used to be that way... PvP turned into "Stun Wars" instead of "Star Wars". Such a shame.

Regards,

KK

Agreed re: stun wars.

Re: ID vs Physics, it's really splitting hairs to us Pubs. You two are both highly optimized classes and gear sets, and your coordination is immaculate. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You're both seen as the pinnacle of competition and an example for what we strive for.

To my earlier comment re: the player's question on min/maxing -- that is a failure of leadership, IMO. ROTJ is taking strides to become a formidable opponent by driving education, training, and experience into all of its players. It may not be a week, or even a month from now, but we will be fielding competitive teams again soon. And when we do, the barometer for success will be measured by our competitiveness against both ID and Physics.

Agreed re: stun wars.

Re: ID vs Physics, it's really splitting hairs to us Pubs. You two are both highly optimized classes and gear sets, and your coordination is immaculate. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You're both seen as the pinnacle of competition and an example for what we strive for.

To my earlier comment re: the player's question on min/maxing -- that is a failure of leadership, IMO. ROTJ is taking strides to become a formidable opponent by driving education, training, and experience into all of its players. It may not be a week, or even a month from now, but we will be fielding competitive teams again soon. And when we do, the barometer for success will be measured by our competitiveness against both ID and Physics.

in all honesty, I.D and physics are thought as being the top tier of the imp side's pvpers, as for which is better, ive always deemed them as being equal i guess, seeing as neither streams their rated matches (for obvious reasons) its hard for those not in their guilds to say who is better.

what were comps like?

off memory but

Physics: darkyoda, cottonheaded, valcina, selkia, skillmatic, kelandi's marauder, gravity and dirt squirrel

2 sin, bubble stun sorc, op healer, 2 smash (i think) 1 pt 1 sniper.

id: me, aluvian, ravinder, ambien , avenn, t-elos/jackdanials, cap, tae,

2 sin, bubble stun sorc, op healer, 2 smash, 1 pt 1 sniper

played 5 games, all very competitive. looking forward to more tonight hopefully.

Edited by Wookieenator

oh neat, that's actually fair.

at some point you guys should think about recording, i'd like to see you two fight against each other

darkyoda should probably have the games for last night. aluvian records the games but at the moment we are not publishing any. i believe its twitch.tv/darkyoda11 for a physics p.o.v. Aluvian is streaming atm if you wanna watch him

we will never know, i havent seen TGO field a rwz team ever, but they are "the best" :D

TGO used to rated PvP before Bioware broke it... and when our good friends from Tranquility were still playing the game.

Week 1 of the preseason we had some good games against Physics, and they were the team to beat. With the advent of "stun wars" ID became the team to beat. These are just my opinions and based on the few rated games I have played in between being the top PvE guild on the server.

Regards,

KK

if both physics and id had their absolute best possible teams on at the same time, i would expect the games to be some of the best in swtor history. unfortunately that basically never happens nowadays. both guilds have great players and all of the matches we've played recently have been well fought on both sides.

i just wish there were more guilds like us to play against so there is a bit more variety.

as for kk's comment on us becoming the team to beat after "stun wars", it should be noted that we weren't even on the shadowlands until the second round of transfers, so you are speaking from a largely uninformed position seeing as you've only played us in a few rated games here and there along with various normals.

Edited by thesadplanet

ID > Physics nowadays. Didn't used to be that way... PvP turned into "Stun Wars" instead of "Star Wars". Such a shame.

Regards,

KK

This is true, Physics is an easier opponent. They both are fail though. If I could clone myself 7 times it would be no contest

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Adi, we all know Remnants isn't going to Q because they're tired of carrying you. I also feel the need to chime in on this discussion of which elite Imperial team has the better cornbread. In my personal experience, I've only played against Physics once I believe, in a ranked match, and ID quite a few times. This mostly being because we had ID as opponents on the old Corellian Run, and I've not been in a ranked match in 3 months. Both guilds are tough, but there's only one way to settle this discussion, and I'm bout to do it right now.

I will step up and solo against both of these guild's best 8 players in a heroic, Rambo-like, all out death to us all, FTW war zone. After each of the war zones are over, I'll tell you which guild I had the most trouble with, and BAM, there we have the best Imp guild on the server. Situation under control. :cool:

Adi, we all know Remnants isn't going to Q because they're tired of carrying you. I also feel the need to chime in on this discussion of which elite Imperial team has the better cornbread. In my personal experience, I've only played against Physics once I believe, in a ranked match, and ID quite a few times. This mostly being because we had ID as opponents on the old Corellian Run, and I've not been in a ranked match in 3 months. Both guilds are tough, but there's only one way to settle this discussion, and I'm bout to do it right now.

I will step up and solo against both of these guild's best 8 players in a heroic, Rambo-like, all out death to us all, FTW war zone. After each of the war zones are over, I'll tell you which guild I had the most trouble with, and BAM, there we have the best Imp guild on the server. Situation under control. :cool:

wrong, little baby's ice cream is a clear winner in this discussion

I know I run my mouth a lot, but mad respect for both ID and Physics. We are trying blends of different players to field more competitive teams. However, that means we will never have the consistent team to match either guild. We managed, barely, to beat a half ID half Physics team the other night. After that match, you guys dissolved your partnership, formed full guildie teams and respectively stomped us. If you guys can't win grouped, how do you expect us to win by constantly mixing and matching? Hopefully we'll figure it out soon.