Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fawaffle
02.06.2012 , 08:19 PM | #561
I would love to see some better skins for Jedi Knight PvP gear. I don't feel like a Jedi in something that looks like an outdated trooper outfit. I want to look like a real Jedi!!
Thanks~

An adoring Star Wars Fan

Darktemp
02.06.2012 , 08:24 PM | #562
"As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high."

Really? So a player that spent countless hours in PVP to get their gear should be toned down so that a new level 50 player stands a better chance? What is the point of expertise then? I think this is a terrible idea, if you want to make a change then divide up the pvp brackets into Valor levels. Seriously Bioware, I am a huge fan, but start taking ideas that work from other MMO's. I am currently 57 Valor and still dont have my Mainhand Champion weapon, but I have seen countless 15-40 lvl Valor's rocking theirs. There is so much in this game that is left up to chance and it needs to be base more on skill. Speaking of crew skils, how about beefing up the other ones that arent Biochem. As of right now there is almost no benefit to Artificer's. The max level crafting items are garbage compared to pvp/raid gear. Anyway, that is my opinion take it for what it is.

Solidor
02.06.2012 , 08:56 PM | #563
Good. Not entirely interested in playing TOR atm, the RE chance on high level stuff gets retarded. Spending hours in a game doing nothing for 30mins (while your crew gathers), then REing, then doing nothing again...and all that gets you nadda because (even with capped skills and high affection companions) you don't get any unlocks.

40 greens (Synthweave, L49 items) got me 0 blues.

The PvP aspect doesnt worry me overly much, as I am slowly getting PvP armor and gear to match the others.
We're sorry, but Earth is not available in your region.

Warcrime
02.06.2012 , 09:12 PM | #564
Making fresh 50s closer to full epic pvp gear? That means the epic gear will be worth less, meaning that all the absurd crap you put us thru to obtain the gear pours salt in the wound. Kill a player in Illium...if you find them...sorry doesnt count...win a WZ...sorry doesnt count. To collect 30 armaments it sometimes takes HOURS...for one dailie where you drive around in circles.

Solidor
02.06.2012 , 10:21 PM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrime View Post
Making fresh 50s closer to full epic pvp gear? That means the epic gear will be worth less, meaning that all the absurd crap you put us thru to obtain the gear pours salt in the wound. Kill a player in Illium...if you find them...sorry doesnt count...win a WZ...sorry doesnt count. To collect 30 armaments it sometimes takes HOURS...for one dailie where you drive around in circles.
^^^ This. I've only managed to get half my pvp gear and its been hell to get it (hats off to you guys that have gotten all of it). Making PvP gear less effective would mean the hours of work and making up for wins and kills not counting towards dailies would have been a waste.
We're sorry, but Earth is not available in your region.

Komisches
02.06.2012 , 10:25 PM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by AndiusTheGreat View Post
By this do you mean a limit to the amount of times you can RE before receiving the next tier schematic or a limit to the number of purple schemetics you can RE?

I say no either way.
Originally a limit to how many times you had to RE to get a purple schematic. I prefer it as someone else put it, an increasing chance to get one of the purple schematics that blue can become. I just worded it incorrectly.

Sure, it's good you have to spend time effort and materials to get to the highest level crafted items, but why does it take two REs to get Advanced Skill Armoring 22 and 50+ to get Advanced Might Armoring 22?
A guy in my guild has REd more than 100 of one blue item and is still waiting for the purple schematic. And it might turn out to have **** stats or not be the one he was after. And that's an immense amount of wasted time and effort.

And then! these are only lvl49 purple armorings anyway, and you can better or equivalent from the Belsavis dailies and that strips the profit right out.
Life no longer has any meaning.
It has no quality.
Therefore, death is beautiful.

Athux
02.07.2012 , 12:36 AM | #567
Reducing the rakata versions of stims and adrenals to the level of the exo counter parts but just unlimited use is absolute garbage. Money has no purpose in the game currently other then to repair or to buy consumables, yet every other craft has an exclusive rakata item(s) that are more powerful then their counter parts. I know you want to make other crew skills more attractive but the solution is NOT to nerf biochem to uselessness. Leave the rakata versions intact.

Darth_WrathHeart
02.07.2012 , 01:57 AM | #568
I would like to see a system put into the game where either a player can pay a crafter to add an augment slot to existing gear or be able to have a Npc do it for a large fee. I my self am wearing a orange chest instead of my columi because lets be honest the Inquisitor Columi chest looks rather silly, so if you could add a way for me to further upgrade the orange chest I am already wearing it would be lovely.

darkrazzy
02.07.2012 , 02:04 AM | #569
armoring removal from purple items and crit chance on orange crafted items are AWESOME idk why it wasnt that way to begin with. very very good ideas cant wait till they are implemented!

Darth_Creech
02.07.2012 , 02:40 AM | #570
My only problem with Biochem changes is this: why reduce Rakata stims and adrenals to be equal to Energized and NOT Exotech? They should be equal in effectiveness to Exotech, not Energized.

Otherwise, why would I use my Rakata stim and adrenal? To save money? Are you serious BioWare? So to save money I should take a less effective stim and adrenal. Brilliant. You do know that they are called "Rakata" right?

After running Hard Modes and the Eternity Vault Operaton in the first week since I hit 50 I'm fairly disappointed by what has been offered up so far by BioWare and now this completely stupid decision about Rakata Stims and Adrenals.

I don't have a problem with them nerfing it, I could have told you that was going to happen eventually anyways. But lowering them in effectiveness to be equal to Energized makes the crew skill useless. The only reason to take Biochem is on an alt to make Exotech stims and adrenals so that you can have the maximum potential. Saving money be damned.

Flame away if you like, but BioWare is seriously dropping the ball here on this one.

-Darth_Creech