Please give us a 'Hide Hood' toggle

Zaitana

Certain races, certain companions, and many helmets automatically hide any hood, so the coding is already in place. 'Hide headslot' and 'unify colors' toggles were added in after launch, so we know the devs can isolate these kind of features and give us an on/off switch for them. Way back, once upon a time, it was mentioned that a 'lower hood' option was up on the "Wall of crazy" as an idea that was being looked into. Then at another cantina many months later, the idea was killed outright because the coding challenge was too large. I can understand that, but hiding hoods is already in game and functioning fine. Please, please, please add in a toggle to allow us to hide hoods, independent of the 'hide headslot' toggle. :ph_thank_you:

I guess just keep asking. Don't even have to have a toggle, just include two chest pieces in the set if it's too much trouble to code...

A simpler solution may already work for most: give us an invisible helmet that hides the hood.

While a lower hood option would be nice, I too would be so happy for a way to remove them altogether, either via a toggle or a covert head piece.

Besides the circlets that already drop hoods? There are a bunch of those already.

Besides the circlets that already drop hoods? There are a bunch of those already.

The circlets you mention are only a viable solution to a few of the tops and on the republic side.

What is mentioned here is different and something that's been asked for a very long time.

A solution for all the robes and tops that have a hood and to be able to lower or remove it.

Those look pretty dorky, unless you are role-playing an elf.

Istan quetë ya merin, ar lá hanyuvatyen!

The circlets you mention are only a viable solution to a few of the tops and on the republic side.

What is mentioned here is different and something that's been asked for a very long time.

A solution for all the robes and tops that have a hood and to be able to lower or remove it.

Actually, they exist on the Imperial side too. Some of the low-level light armor circlets work on the Imperial side. Also, there are some that can be crafted, in the new schematics released with 4.0. I keep a few around at all times. You never know when a fashion emergency might arise! They make hoods disappear completely.

I phrased my offhand comment poorly. I meant to point out that there was another option that could be used currently, in addition to asking for other options. That was my fault.

While a lower hood option would be nice, I too would be so happy for a way to remove them altogether, either via a toggle or a covert head piece.

^This

Sure we've been requesting this for four years, but as the devs can see we're not willing to let it go. This thread has my support along with all the other threads requesting the same thing. At this point I no longer care whether this is achived through a covert head gear piece, or through a proper toggle.

At this point I no longer care whether this is achieved through a covert head gear piece, or through a proper toggle.

No, this is principle, i agree to only toggle hood option, because energy helmet is crutch or ****** system. By the way subscribers (me included) paying devs every month, so please deliver.

No, this is principle, i agree to only toggle hood option, because energy helmet is crutch or ****** system. By the way subscribers (me included) paying devs every month, so please deliver.

I saw an idea a LONG time ago that, if they ever implemented it, would be pretty close to having an actual hood toggle:

Essentially, all the hoods in the game come in either "plain" or one of a handful of patterned designs (the stripes on the Reaver design vs the central black mark on the Remnant Underworld Knight design, for example). Bioware could simply release "hood-down" headpieces for each of these designs that "replace" the hood on these chestpieces. If, for example, you had the Remnant Underworld Knight chestpiece and bought the "hood-down" headpiece that matched it, the hood on the chestpiece would vanish, and the headpiece would make it look as if you'd toggled the hood down; you could then use "hide head slot" to hide your hood-down headpiece and put your hood back up. (As as extension of this, they could also make "hood-up" headpieces for each design as well, so that people who used, for example, the Ambitious Warrior chestpiece--which doesn't actually HAVE a hood-up variant--could still put their hood up if they wanted to in certain situations)

Granted, this STILL isn't an actual hood toggle (which, I'll agree, would be much preferable to something we'd have to pay cartel coins for), and it's definitely not a perfect solution (since it'd take up your head slot, using one of the hood-down/up headpieces would prohibit you from using any sort of mask or faceplate as well)...but I'm pretty sure, at this point, they're never going to make a TRUE hood toggle, so we're likely gonna have to make due with whatever we can (I've got a pseudo hood toggle jury-rigged on my Assassin using two separate outfit slots that I switch between whenever I want to raise or lower my hood, while others use the circlets).

What a lot of people don't understand is that there is a HUGE difference between "dropping a hood" and "eliminating a hood". We want the former. I'd like to have Revan's/Phantom robe on BUT WITH THE HOOD DOWN SO THAT IT IS STILL VISIBLE/

Its absolutely ridiculous they haven't added this into the game yet. Hoods that are down should have the ability to go up, and hoods that are up should have the ability to go down. End of discussion.

@Aatrus: And thats the problem, I couldnt care less if there wasnt a floppy bunch of fabric lumped on the back of my characters neck to show "Hey guys look, i put my hood down! See, there it is right there!!!11!!1!"

I just want the d♤mn thing gone so i dont see my characters that have hair bald under said fugly hood.

Its blatantly obvious Bioware wants to, and does, the bare minimum effort necessary to implement anything. Your asking them to go in and make every single hooded chest item in game have two versions, one with a hood up, one with a lump of fabric stuck to the back of the neck for the game to switch between every time you click the toggle.

No thanks, ill take the option thats more in line with Biowares "work policy".

If you want the world to know so desperately that you regally and pompously lowered your hood just type the following into the chat bar:

/e lowers his hood, positioning it majesticly accross the back of his neck

That way everyone in your vicinity that your so compelled to impress with your powers of fabric manipulation will see:

"Johnnymcsnootypants lowers his hood, positioning it majesticly accross the back of his neck." In their chat window.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

What a lot of people don't understand is that there is a HUGE difference between "dropping a hood" and "eliminating a hood". We want the former. I'd like to have Revan's/Phantom robe on BUT WITH THE HOOD DOWN SO THAT IT IS STILL VISIBLE/

Its absolutely ridiculous they haven't added this into the game yet. Hoods that are down should have the ability to go up, and hoods that are up should have the ability to go down. End of discussion.

Nope. I want it gone. Not down. Gone.

My collections are chock full of chest pieces that look super great on Twi'leks and Togrutas because the damn ugly hoods are GONE, but that I would never put on another species. Hood down does nothing for the aesthetics of the piece and often would hide beautiful details and ruin the lines.

Just another person who would really like a damned hood toggle. DAOC had one, for heaven's sake, SURELY they could figure out how to add one to THIS game.

edit: I don't even care if it disappears like it does on twi'leks and togruta or has an actual down graphic. EITHER would be good enough for me.

Edited by Birna

I'd like a "lower hood" feature rather than a "hide hood." A lot of the tops where the hood just disappears with a helmet or head-tails looks unnatural because its a ring of cloth that has a sharp cut. If they would just code in the top where the hood drapes against the back, that would be great. But maybe that's too much to ask for.