Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

So a question for those of you who have played the game enough to romance a companion character at least once. What romance relationship, either male or female, do you players find the most compelling and well...awesome? One of the reasons I love Bioware RPG's is because of some of the great romances that I feel really make the overall storyline of the game much more compelling and interesting--say, for example, the Revan/Bastila romance storyline in KOTOR 1, or the Shepard/Ashley romance in ME1, which I also thought was very well done.

What are your guys' favorite romance relationships in this game so far? I was watching vids of the Sith Warrior's romances with Dark sided Jaese and light sighted Vette and, no offense to any Jaese or Vette lovers, couldn't stop laughing. Vette is voiced so cheesily at times and I find it hard to imagine her in a "romantic" relationship with a Sith Lord, even if he has a heart of gold. On top of that, I think that any dark-side romance is usually terrible..dark sided sith are just far too angry all the time to be involved in anything as 'peaceful' or even emotionally fulfilling as love.

So, what are your favorite love interest stories in this game so far, on both male and female?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a female Imperial agent just starting my romance with Vector. I'll tell you later how he is! He seems to be the calm and diplomatic kind of guy, and alien in his mind, so... it's kinda strange but exotic at the same time, I'm curious :) I think he's quite good-looking, too. Reminds me a bit of Thrawn but human version :D Edited by Evolvana

Corso. By the gods, Corso.

My smuggler is only on Tatooine so far, but I have fallen in love with the arc.

He gave me a blaster named "Sparkles."

Need I say more?

That's cute :) I'd probably like Corso if he didn't look so much like like my brother. And I don't trust companion mods; the majority of the time they don't show.

I enjoyed the Malavai Quinn romance but it ends weird, in fact I'm not sure whether or not the characters are even still married. (Does anyone think that what happens with Quinn is appropriate? Especially as the romance companion for females, it's just confusing storytelling, not really enjoyable.)

Personally as a Jedi I'm really enjoying the romance story with Kira. I hope they develop it more and more over time with lots of content patches including more after 50.

Happily married middle aged guy with kids...but I'm a sucker for a good romance story. :)

Corso. By the gods, Corso.

My smuggler is only on Tatooine so far, but I have fallen in love with the arc.

He gave me a blaster named "Sparkles."

Need I say more?

^^ This. I completely fell for the storyline, and he's just so cute. I know I'm a sucker for the Bioware good guy so I should've expected it, but I was still surprised. Doesn't hurt that the smuggler character is so much fun, too!

I'd love to know how the other stories are to help decide what to play next.

I'll say firstly that I'm a female gamer, so most of my favorite romances are with the guys, sorry. I've tried a couple as a gender bender and just can't get into it. Although I may redo my SW tale and make her a him, only because I have completely ruined the story by reading some spoilers in regards Quinn, sigh. In the meantime, my favorites are focused on the smuggler and bounty hunter story lines.

Corso Riggs is a pure sweetie pie. The romance arc between him and the smuggler is fun and funny, pleasing and adorable. He's the kind of guy I could see giving everything there is for someone he loves and never once looking back on it with regret. He's loyal, giving, and protective. Just a very pleasing romance, that one.

Then there's Torian Cadera. He's the reason my bounty hunter ended up a female. I tried playing the BH as a fellow and Mako is nice enough. I can definitely see why she'd appeal to a guy. But Torian blew me away, as I was going along with my woman BH. Their first flirtation has her tossing him over her shoulder onto the ground and grunting out a complaining, "Men," to which he calmly lays there, looking up at her, saying, "I deserved that." It was awesome.

Of all the romances, the one between the bounty hunter and Torian just makes the most SENSE to me. They're both Mandolorians, both looking for much the same out of life, and both truly admire and respect the other. I've had not one single disappointing romance conversation with Torian as I've been leveling.

Haven't tried any of the Jedi yet. And I've heard next to nothing about the SI's arc with Andronikus Revel. Since the SI will probably be my next character, I'll have to see how that one works out. I will say Bioware continues to stun me with good storytelling. Makes it fun and engaging.

I've only finished the male Jedi Consular one thus far, and while I did find it sweet and do like it, I think it does come across as a bit awkward because there is a huge narrative gap there.

She's been on your ship for a long time, ever since rescuing the members of the Rift Alliance on the Fortitude back at the beginning of Chapter 2, but you only get to see her a couple times before the quest where she officially becomes your companion. She does mention it, how she's been traveling with you for quite a while, but since she comes so late as a companion things move awfully fast at that point.

I kinda constructed a back story to it all, the time spent together before she became my padawan; perhaps a time of talking about cultural things, and the Republic, and the Force and the Jedi, and simply being friends on the ship...all stuff you never see but the frame of the story gives you plenty of room to imagine such things...hence the huge narrative gap that I had to fill in on my own. Personally, that particular romance might have come across less awkward were it available sooner and moved as a slower pace.

Though...I was kinda shocked that it netted me absolutely zero Darkside points as a Jedi, despite the fact that she and I are now quite married.:cool:

Mako. First time I saw her, I knew who I'd romance. I'd gathered DS points before getting Mako, but now, I've changed her sake. Still want my credits, though.

I also like Kira Carsen. It feels good to defy the Jedi Order. Sadly, shes a light-sider, so for all the merciless field work I do, I have to talk to here ALOT and keep using the flirt option. :|

Mako. First time I saw her, I knew who I'd romance. I'd gathered DS points before getting Mako, but now, I've changed her sake. Still want my credits, though.

Mako looks really hot as a slave girl.

But she's a goodie two shoes. And it wrecks the immersion for me since I'm trying to play

the BH class as the dark side.

I find Kaliyo is really cool as a "bad girl", she lets me role play the dark side which I like.

Too bad we can't choose the "temperment" of our companions to fit our playstyle/personalities.

Wait, is that the pistol he gives you on Ord Mantell? The gun he gives males is called "Flashy". That's funny.

Actually, no... he gives you *two* guns, the sweet boy! :D Flashy is the first, and Sparkles is later on in the story. He's so very quirky about his weapons, but it just makes him cuter.

@phyreblade - The BH relationship sounds just about right! I may give that one a go next.

Ah, thanks for all the replies, people! I may have to try a bounty hunter. I'm a dude IRL and I'm straight, but I never objected to play female characters and romancing guys in Bioware games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. I think that part of the fun of a video game is that you get to experience different...well...lives, and when I look for a good romance in a video game I don't always care about who I'm physically attracted to (since it is, after all, a freaking video game) but more whose personality I like the most and whose romance storyline I like the most.

The female bounty hunter one sounds really good. I don't like Mako's voice, I've only played a very tiny bit of male bounty hunter but Mako very much bugs me. I think that she has a really good past, though, so I'm curious as to whether or not her past is opened up as part of her character development during the romance storyline.

As for Kira Carsen I like her character a lot. She very much reminds me of a female version of Anakin Skywalker in Episode II...extremely cocky and casual, which I like, since that's the way I imagine all of my Jedi characters to be, despite still being light-sided. She actually reminds me a lot of Revan in the Bastila romance, as well...how he is always teasing her. My only jedi knight character is a female but I've heard that the male is much more well voiced and that the Kira Carsen relationship is pretty good.

My only problem with playing bounty hunter, which appears to have very good relationships, is...yes, the lack of a light saber. I know that bounty hunters are ridiculously awesome in their own right, as are troopers, and I've even heard that troopers and bounty hunters are, according to many people, some of the best, most fun, and most powerful classes in the game...but there's nothing like tearing through enemies with a lightsaber and the force as opposed to just shooting people with guns. Is the Bounty Hunter storyline any good? I've heard it's pretty good but it just feels weird playing a Star Wars game with a non-force using class when really, the vast majority of the series, including movies, books, shows, and games, are centered around jedi and sith.

But I will definitely have to try the Bounty Hunter out. What are some other great romances, for those of you who have not posted here yet? :p

I have to go with Vette. While I've going right now with Elara, has to be my second favorite, Vette just seemed to be so worth it. She really takes awhile to warm up to you and she just feels more alive than any of the other companions. She also doesn't fall in love with you from the get go, it takes time.

I enjoyed the Malavai Quinn romance but it ends weird, in fact I'm not sure whether or not the characters are even still married. (Does anyone think that what happens with Quinn is appropriate? Especially as the romance companion for females, it's just confusing storytelling, not really enjoyable.)

I agree that it's frustrating and heartbreaking that he does what he does, but it also makes sense to me; it's clearly shown throughout that loyalty, following rules, and obeying his superiors is a critical aspect of his character. In D&D terms, he's extraordinarily Lawful. So his decade of service to Baras outweighs his feelings for the Warrior, even if they're in love and married, because no matter how long the time from Balmorra to Corellia is, it's nowhere near that long. Prior obligation > newer ones.

If you're wondering about the relationship status, I believe you should be able to break up with him in dialogue afterwords, and if you decide to forgive him without breaking up with him, you should stay married.

I know that it was possible to kill him for the betrayal earlier, before people complained about it and then BioWare took it out. I think it was a whole followup quest where you could execute him on the ship with the others there and make an example of him to your crew.

I really wish they added in a replacement quest where you got to talk to him about why. I mean, he says he "believes Baras is better" and that he "wished he didn't have to do it". But having a more detailed one-on-one discussion about it, where you can express your irritation about it and have him apologize better and justify it, would be nice. Since BioWare isn't going to add the killing back in, maybe there could be another option like freezing him in carbonite or abandoning him back on Balmorra; something where you could get him back in the future if you regretted it, but still have a significant punishment for his actions.

That said, the Quinn romance is still hands-down my favorite. The trope is so often to pair a strong woman with an equal or stronger man. Having a romance where the woman is stronger and the man is content to be the more passive one and doesn't continually have to challenge her dominance is a wonderful change of pace. I'm tired of all the strong brawny alpha action male love interests, and enjoy the power dynamic reversal.

As my only romance option for a female Jedi Knight was Doc, I followed it along quite a distance but I am starting to wonder if Doc isn't just playing me. >>

Would've been nice to have a second option. Feels like Yoda was handing out companion romances. "Do! or do not! There is no other option! murhahaha!"

:rolleyes:

As my only romance option for a female Jedi Knight was Doc, I followed it along quite a distance but I am starting to wonder if Doc isn't just playing me. >>

Would've been nice to have a second option. Feels like Yoda was handing out companion romances. "Do! or do not! There is no other option! murhahaha!"

:rolleyes:

lol I know the feeling. I kept hoping Zenith would be as well but alas...

Favourite is Vette by far. I play a light-side Sith and she just fills the story nicely and adds a nice spice to it. Makes sense for me! Also Twi'leks are just awesome

When I first started my warr, I didn't even think about romancing a character, but I really ended up liking her.

I mean she is so worth it. I like that she warms up a lil later, because it makes it more realistic. She is such a sweetheart really. Love her sense of humour.

My Jugg is lvl 41 and happily married. I really rushed the whole romance because I wanted to see it ASAP. I just wish they would add more content.. Truly hoping so!

Also got a really cute letter from her, in it she told me that she hadn't yet told me her dres size if I ever wanted to buy her anything. :)

Vette ftw!:)

I've done the Raina Temple and Elara Dorne ones so far, I thought it was cute having Elara as a by the books Republic officer trying to resist my advances only to fold in the end. As for Raina, she has the most adorable voice.