Enough with the skimpy gear already.

GrimAce

I'm surprised that asking for more variety elicited such a hostile response.

You shouldn't be surprised.

OP didn't just ask for more variety. But problem is, his approach was a rather judgemental one towards people who do put the "skimpy" gear on their characters. With such attitude, hostile responses should be expected.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then buy what you do want from the GTN rather than the CM. That's what I do. I have yet to acquire a single piece of skimpy clothing I did not intend to buy.

Your cast-off junk will sell if you price it cheaply enough. All my characters' female companions wear hats like the revelers cap because those hats are so cheap (and I'm going to disable head gear display no matter what it is, so one orange hat/helmet is as good as another).

100% agree.

It's so much easier to buy exactly what you want from the GTN than paying real dollars for the "loot lottery"

While I respect that everyone has their own opinion, I think the amount of revealing gear from the CM packs has been fine. We have, what, the Dancer sets (recolors), Relaxed sets (very similar styles), and the Covert Torso armor for skimpy stuff? I may have missed something, but my point is, there really isn't that much skimpy stuff, even if you count the non CM stuff like the cropped tops and slave outfits.

For example, if I wanted to dress my Sith Warrior in skimpy armor, I currently have the following choices: shirtless, shirtless with arm wraps, or shirtless with arm wraps, a harness thingy and a jacket tied around the waist. I would hardly call that "too much skimpy armor".

Edited by Gwena

while you may take issue with OP's phrasing, at least some of the sentiment behind it is sound. at least if they are going to introduce more revealing armor, could we get some variety? maybe? because now that we have dyes, even what little difference there was, is now completely inconsequential.

its sadly true that most people are not really buying those outfits anymore.

now I haven't seen the outfit previews yet (dulfy doesn't seem to have it), but if its just another slightly recolored version of dancer's outfit? I can see why OP is frustrated.

If you want to rage about skimpy outfits go play Scarlet Blade and rage away my friend lol.

What if I want skimpy outfits for MALE characters?!

SB has pretty combat. . . but I have no interest in playing half-naked women.

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.

It might be a supply problem too. The dancer armor stuff seemed to drop a LOT in the first shipment of Cartel packs. People buying packs didn't need to buy any of it off the GTN because we were all getting a ton of it in our own packs. There was a very high drop rate of banners and the ball toss too which led to a flood of those items on the GTN. So part of it is probably demand....but part of it is also probably a supply-side issue because the drop rates for that stuff was WAY too high.

Also, you might be able to get a dancer top for 5,000 to 10,000 credits regularly on the GTN but you're not getting the relaxed jumpsuit top for that cheap unless someone isn't paying attention to their list price. That generally costs at least 100,000 and when that stuff was first coming about in packs, I sold several relaxed jumpsuit chestpieces for 300,000.

You're*

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.

Not really, the reason isn't necessarily a lack of demand as it is an overabundance of supply. They are made available RANDOMLY when the Cartel Packs are purchased. Some people buy multiple packs and get more than they can use. So they sell them on the market. Everyone in the game could technically already want and get one (demand), and there would still be more on the market.

There is hardly an "overabundance" of MALE skimpy gear.

so far we have three (thats right, 3) chestpieces that are skimpy for males.

Covert chest piece (which really isnt a "skimpy outfit" since its just being naked") and the two releaxed jacket variations.

I would hardly call that "variation", not to mention overabundance...

Ok, so the OP doesnt want more skimpy male outfits. I get it.

Then just dont buy any.

Its that simple.

The problem is it's in cartel packs with stuff we DO want. I hate having a pile of bloody worthless skimpy stuff I can't even vendor (because sure as hell no one is buying it).

Pop the pieces on the GTN for about 100 credits each. Trust me, they will sell.

Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.

For females we have...

Slave Bikini (1 variation)

Imperial Dancer (no variations)

Dancer Top (3 or 4 variations)

Relaxed Outfit (1 variation)

Those variations are color variations (except for Relaxed Outfit which had some slight tweaks), now made a bit useless by dye packs.

You're seeing an abundance of them on the market because they're common and actually dropped like common items, unlike Relaxed Jumpsuit, which was common, yet dropped like a Rare (seriously, I got more +41 Power Crystals and Rare Jawagrams than I got of Relaxed Jumpsuit, which equaled a total of 1 and I got ahold of multiple packs)

Males have...

Relaxed Outfit (1 variation)

Then of course there's the Covert Energy Armor.

I wouldn't call a few of the midriff showing outfits as skimpy, but they number around 3 or 4 with variations.

So basically we have about 9 outfits out of 100+ that are skimpy or show the tummy. I wouldn't call that over saturated.

As a side note: Scarlet Blade isn't a good example, as it's not trying to be anything but what it is when it comes to the costumes. Going to Scarlet Blade and then complaining about skimpy outfits is missing the point of the game. :p

In-game just now, I saw a Commando (huge gun on her back and all) with her Elara companion out, both decked out in the bikinis.

It looks absolutely absurd.

There is no way in this universe that is anything but a teenage kid or a very immature adult.

In-game just now, I saw a Commando (huge gun on her back and all) with her Elara companion out, both decked out in the bikinis.

It looks absolutely absurd.

There is no way in this universe that is anything but a teenage kid or a very immature adult.

Seeing a Sith like that, would think less of it. Seeing hundreds of Sith like that and then hundreds of Rep side characters...yeah...it's absurd :/

It does seem to dye down for awhile, but then jumps right back up! But never really dies down.

It's daft really, but there is less skin on show for female characters when wearing Covert Energy Armour than when wearing any of the Dancer/Loungewear gear.

I certainly would like to see some outfits for my female toons that may show just a bare stomach.

That's not skimpy though. It is, however, 100 times better than the bikini army.

I agree with the OP in that I would like to see more middle of the road stuff. Seems like every outfit is either completely covering or a dancer recolor. Give us more stuff like how the Aspiring Knight looks on females (at least let us dye it, so we can pretend it's new).

Agreed here too, and on female Aspring Knight particuarly

As a side note: Scarlet Blade isn't a good example, as it's not trying to be anything but what it is when it comes to the costumes. Going to Scarlet Blade and then complaining about skimpy outfits is missing the point of the game. :p

Lol I was not complaining, I erm quite enjoy the game from time to time. I was pointing out to the OP in my own weird way that complaining about so called skimpy outfits in Star Wars was rather silly of him and then pointing too a game that he could go and complain about. :rak_05:

I like sexy clothes for my toons, and I'm in my forties. I like dressing up my toons and making them look good.

Wearing a brown burlap sack might be ok for some, and if that's what makes you happy, then cool! But why clip someone else's wings, with the things that make the game fun for them? :p