Always need more Spawn Points for low end crafting. Coruscant/Nar Shadaa

CaliJoe

This is relation to low level crafting on Coruscant and Nar Shadaa. I have a frustrating time finding the spawn points of where mats are because the levels are so spread out on "islands". This isn't much of a problem on any other planets because I can usually use a mount and wander around and find mats near paths.

I found the Black Sun area to be a very fgpood place, and Justiciar territory as well.

In the belly of Coruscant you won't find that much than there, but you can find a few more rare materials you would otherwise get no sooner than Taris, if you have luck.

Regarding Nar Shadaa I used to farm the Republic Bonus series area.

That's what missions are for :). Run missions while questing and your quest rewards more than cover the cost of doing so (that is if you do not go overboard).

If you're wandering around, looking for nodes, you'll most likely engage lots of mobs. Killing them should suffice to cover the missions costs

I see the nodes as an "extra" to missions tbh, specially for lower grade mats, where the time to run them is small. What do you do ? Log every 5 minutes ? That gets old quickly. Staring at the screen is not so fun either.... So if I'm in need of those low level mats, I just do both things, spam missions and look for nodes at the appropiate planets

Zone might be over populated. press M, and switch to a different instance. Sometimes I just swap between the 1-3 (if available) and harvest away! Also a very fast way to get quests done when to many people happen to show up at once...

There is an area in (I think) the old galactic market area of Coruscant that is a big open room and some corridors leading off it, where, in addition to there being lots of nodes (that seem to respawn rather quickly) there are also loads of strong droids. So if you are a scavenger you can just run around killing the droids and hoover up their mats. By the time you do the nodes will have respawned, and in pretty short order the droids will be back again too.

Pretty much continuous resources can be gathered here without having to take a break or move somewhere else (especially if you have a gathering-only alt that doesn't actually craft, as you can be nabbing three types of mat at the same time).

Unless of course someone else is there with the same idea. In which case it is a bit slower, but still a good area to work.

Edited by PLynkes

Zone might be over populated. press M, and switch to a different instance. Sometimes I just swap between the 1-3 (if available) and harvest away! Also a very fast way to get quests done when to many people happen to show up at once...

This might be the most common case for me. Since they are low leveled, they are highly populated. I will give instance jumping a try.

edit: Chanlon and Plasteel are my nemesis. I have the toughest time collecting those in a timely manner.

Edited by CaliJoe

Well for chanlon and plasteel in particular....they're easier to get for imperials if you have an imperial scavenger. The droid filled heroic 4 in the junkyard below the Sundari outpost on imperial Balmorra is a ridiculous farm for grade 2 scavenging materials. The imperial Upper Industrial section on Nar Shadda is also better for chanlon/plasteel nodes then any of the republic areas on the planet as well, in my experience. You can get to that one with a republic character too if necessary if you go through the bonus series area.