E.A may lose Disney contract?

omegaworm

They will still have the game, but others will be allowed to make star wars games as well(assuming they can get a deal with Disney). Right now it doesn't seem to be the case, with the exception of the Lego star wars games. Edited by Eshvara

They will still have the game, but others will be allowed to make star wars games as well(assuming they can get a deal with Disney). Right now it doesn't seem to be the case, with the exception of the Lego star wars games.

This is true if only the exclusivity gets pulled. If the whole IP contract gets pulled, operating the game would be a violation of Disney's IP

This is true if only the exclusivity gets pulled. If the whole IP contract gets pulled, operating the game would be a violation of Disney's IP

Disney cant pull the exclusivity without paying 10s or 100s of million dollars. If they did anything, it would be in regards to future games, not any games already in EAs stable.

Disney cant pull the exclusivity without paying 10s or 100s of million dollars. If they did anything, it would be in regards to future games, not any games already in EAs stable.

Correct, that is why it is unlikely to happen. If it did, what portion of the IP agreement was pulled would determine the fate of the game. As it is, The game will operate until the end of the agreement (because there is likely a clause about maintaining a Star Wars MMO in their portfolio).

Correct, that is why it is unlikely to happen. If it did, what portion of the IP agreement was pulled would determine the fate of the game. As it is, The game will operate until the end of the agreement (because there is likely a clause about maintaining a Star Wars MMO in their portfolio).

Now whether they maintain it in maintenence mode, or continue to develop content...that is the question.

This again?

Hey OP... been discussed in multiple threads..... all of which have been moved to the off-topic forum. We really do not need a repeat.

Besides.. those of you wishing for this are chasing the wrong carrot. The carrot you want is for EA to sell off Bioware and let it return to what made it great to begin with. Won't happen.. but if you must chase carrots to satisfy your extremely negative views toward EA.... this is the carrot I suggest you chase.

• 2 weeks later...

will if EA game lose Ip for swtor i move on if swtor goes to!

i play Ea games long ways back, left EA back like 2004, only came back was told SWTOR were here, if it leaves so do i!!

not a lover of EA games, NFS serials, Black & white 1/2, boishock 1-3... other then that i can live with out EA Games funny doings

will if EA game lose Ip for swtor i move on if swtor goes to!

i play Ea games long ways back, left EA back like 2004, only came back was told SWTOR were here, if it leaves so do i!!

not a lover of EA games, NFS serials, Black & white 1/2, boishock 1-3... other then that i can live with out EA Games funny doings

Well said! I don't think anyone will disagree with you :cool: