Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Patch name: The Return of Leveling and Alts and introducing small/med guilds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Current Patch name: The Return of Leveling and Alts and introducing small/med guilds

Stellarcrusade
06.14.2019 , 10:18 AM | #1
This is a bit of a love thread, which is rare for me.

Thank you BW for the recent changes to conquest, especially the feel with the current bonus XP/CXP combined with this weeks Dantooine conquest event. Now Alts are playable again, something we really haven't had for a very long time. Leveling new characters is also back. And small/medium guilds can push and stretch to try to make minimum in the next larger planet size. The current rate and amount of time to get a char to conquest is perfect.

Let's face it, for awhile now conquest and gearing has seemed to have 1 combined purpose: Eliminate alts from the game. We have conquest goals which only pay out once per week per legacy (NOT PER CHAR!!!!!), we have other goals that pay out only once per day per legacy (NOT PER CHAR!!!!). So with alts and leveling new chars no longer being viable in the game people would play less each day, leave the game after each infusion of new content much faster, and everything suffered.

Now with alts and leveling characters having a chance to get to personal conquest goal each day, the game is back.

Still one thing that needs improvement though, all conquest goals should be limited per character not legacy. I just mean the once per week, or the once per day stuff. The legacy combination for accumulation of goal points like the "kill X on planet Y" should continue to count up by legacy.

HiltoftheDragon
06.14.2019 , 04:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
This is a bit of a love thread, which is rare for me.

Thank you BW for the recent changes to conquest, especially the feel with the current bonus XP/CXP combined with this weeks Dantooine conquest event. Now Alts are playable again, something we really haven't had for a very long time. Leveling new characters is also back. And small/medium guilds can push and stretch to try to make minimum in the next larger planet size. The current rate and amount of time to get a char to conquest is perfect.

Let's face it, for awhile now conquest and gearing has seemed to have 1 combined purpose: Eliminate alts from the game. We have conquest goals which only pay out once per week per legacy (NOT PER CHAR!!!!!), we have other goals that pay out only once per day per legacy (NOT PER CHAR!!!!). So with alts and leveling new chars no longer being viable in the game people would play less each day, leave the game after each infusion of new content much faster, and everything suffered.

Now with alts and leveling characters having a chance to get to personal conquest goal each day, the game is back.

Still one thing that needs improvement though, all conquest goals should be limited per character not legacy. I just mean the once per week, or the once per day stuff. The legacy combination for accumulation of goal points like the "kill X on planet Y" should continue to count up by legacy.
In the meantime, the conquest system that you love so much has pretty much f..ked this game. Theres quite a few folks right now that cant or just wont play the game while this so called new conquest system is causing the ability delay thats being experienced. (the best theory ive read so far.....the devs sure arent saying anything, are they)

Ive unsubbed and left the game until things get right, Its not worth the money in the state its in.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

TrixxieTriss
06.14.2019 , 07:11 PM | #3
The idea behind it is great and I think a winner for most people. The implementation has been bad and is f’ing up the whole game.
It really needs to be rolled back till they have it 100% fixed. There’s no point having a great system if no one can play it.

Stellarcrusade
06.14.2019 , 10:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
In the meantime, the conquest system that you love so much has pretty much f..ked this game. Theres quite a few folks right now that cant or just wont play the game while this so called new conquest system is causing the ability delay thats being experienced. (the best theory ive read so far.....the devs sure arent saying anything, are they)

Ive unsubbed and left the game until things get right, Its not worth the money in the state its in.
Drama Queen much? The conquest system hasn't messed up the game, a poor implementation or bug has. They'll iron it out soon and everything will be fine. It's perfectly fine to unsub for 2 days until the game is fixed if you want, but it does seem a tish silly. Just imagine how many have unsubbed for the many-months the conquest was too hard that will be returning once they have heard it has been improved.

phalczen
06.14.2019 , 10:29 PM | #5
A couple of days ago I was in a Dantooine instance with 4 other people, and there was no ability lag when we did the three heroics. I changed toons, and was placed into the Dantooine (1) instance with 42 people, and had ability delay while doing the heroics. That doesn't scream out to me, "Its the CQP calculations, stupid!" Those would be going on regardless of which instance I was in. But, it feels worse than last week, so its hard to resist the temptation to chalk it up to that change. Ossus is equally populated, around 30-40 people prime time, and I don't experience the ability delay there. CQP calculations are still in play since the mobs are at-level.

Therefore, I speculate it has to do with the zone itself, rather than the CQP calculations. Of course I have no proof of the following, but its plausible that there are more people playing the event this week than last because of double points.

It's not unreasonable that there are more calculations that the servers need to do that is slowing the system down, but is it really more than the combat calculations?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

TrixxieTriss
06.14.2019 , 10:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
A couple of days ago I was in a Dantooine instance with 4 other people, and there was no ability lag when we did the three heroics. I changed toons, and was placed into the Dantooine (1) instance with 42 people, and had ability delay while doing the heroics. That doesn't scream out to me, "Its the CQP calculations, stupid!" Those would be going on regardless of which instance I was in. But, it feels worse than last week, so its hard to resist the temptation to chalk it up to that change. Ossus is equally populated, around 30-40 people prime time, and I don't experience the ability delay there. CQP calculations are still in play since the mobs are at-level.

Therefore, I speculate it has to do with the zone itself, rather than the CQP calculations. Of course I have no proof of the following, but its plausible that there are more people playing the event this week than last because of double points.

It's not unreasonable that there are more calculations that the servers need to do that is slowing the system down, but is it really more than the combat calculations?
I mostly play in the pvp instance and the lag is less (sometimes), but it’s still there. Funny thing was it wasn’t there at all before the latest patch. But as soon as it was up, the lag started. It’s also been getting worse since the patch. But strangely, not always.

For instance, I can be listing stuff on the GTN and not have no issues, then all of a sudden it’s got this lag effect and it won’t list until I relog that Alt. Or I can be doing the heroics on Dantooine with no issues, then go into the pvp one when I leave and it lags the next heroic.

Last night I got stuck in the reactor heroic and I kept walking into an invisible wall. It wouldn’t let me go any further in than the first set of mobs. Once I cleared them i couldn’t go up the hallway to progress. I had to relog the whole game before the invisible wall would go away.

It sure sound like a memory leak problem to me. I know it’s not my end because I’ve investigated it. So it can only be on the servers. My guess, and that’s all, is that the constant updating of every kill people get is causing the problem. Before that was added, there was none of this in the game. All evidence points to that patch and the added conquest changes.

HiltoftheDragon
06.15.2019 , 05:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Drama Queen much? The conquest system hasn't messed up the game, a poor implementation or bug has. They'll iron it out soon and everything will be fine. It's perfectly fine to unsub for 2 days until the game is fixed if you want, but it does seem a tish silly. Just imagine how many have unsubbed for the many-months the conquest was too hard that will be returning once they have heard it has been improved.
Lots of speculation in your post on all accounts. With the conquest system itself or the implementation of it.....its still that system thats caused this whole fiasco. Also, the previous system was not hard....maybe tedious but not hard at all. People were just lazy in the beginning and found grinding levels unlikable. It usually comes down to straight boredom when they leave this game....not the conquest system. This new system needs to be rolled back....a plea thats been stated by many players on this forum. I doubt that this mess will be fixed in two days. Remember, the repair rate history on serious issues in this game is very very poor....some being left untouched for weeks.

With having eight years play time in this game, ive had minimal issues ever with it. Ive unsubbed many times for many reasons....mostly with boredom. The game is unplayable right now and just down right unenjoyable. It has nothing to do with drama queening as you state. It has everything to do with if something is worth paying for....and right now this game is not.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Nemmar
06.15.2019 , 06:39 AM | #8
The conquest changes are actually really good for the game.

The old system was destroying smaller guilds and players were all flocking to a few super large guilds where they could get good rewards from conquest. and the rest were leaving cause their guild was inactive.
This allows small and medium guilds to achieve those rewards as well. All guilds can now progress.