Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Lag since 6-12-19 patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Lag since 6-12-19 patch

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 06:13 PM | #11
I assume it’s because the conquest counter is constantly ticking over for everyone when they get kills.

The solution is to just create a batch file that updates periodically and not live with every kill

HiltoftheDragon
06.13.2019 , 06:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I assume it’s because the conquest counter is constantly ticking over for everyone when they get kills.

The solution is to just create a batch file that updates periodically and not live with every kill
The solution is to just revert the conquest point system back to the way it was. I dont ever remember hearing anyone complaining about the way it was before. Why was it changed in the first place. Its like it was just changed on a whim or something without any thought at all.

Revert it back and let the player base enjoy the game. If its not broke then dont f..k with it.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

denisdenizg
06.13.2019 , 07:04 PM | #13
In game that has rotation based combat system, I cant fight because i get lag on every single ability activation... GJ Bioware, you just made SWTOR unplayable...

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 07:32 PM | #14
This lag is much worse than yesterday. I can’t even list stuff on the GTN now. But I could 5 minutes ago.
Ability activation is around 2 seconds.

Lag at this lvl is game breaking. I can’t believe Bioware are ignoring it during an event and double points.

taxidermis
06.14.2019 , 04:55 AM | #15
It's getting extremely difficult. You can even search my forum history and see that I always defend bioware and have even been called a bioware white knight for years. I didn't complain about rng boxes for example .

But... this is getting really frustrating. Its double xp and I can only level easily in wz/gsf atm as rest of game is super laggy on SF since last maintenance. It's not my internet I ran speedtest it's good. It's not my ping I have 4 bars consistent. But since last update 2 days ago game is basically unplayable on any planet.

The lack of dev response is getting very frustrating as this is during 2x xp AND first rollout of a new event. At this point it would be nice to have an extension of double xp so we can actually take advantage of it if and when they fix the lag.
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

Sarova
06.14.2019 , 05:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by taxidermis View Post
AND first rollout of a new event. At this point it would be nice to have an extension of double xp so we can actually take advantage of it if and when they fix the lag.
It's the second time the event has run. They intended to have it run twice as the weekly event to showcase its "newness".
As for the ability delay lag which now seems to be affecting everything since the new conquest system was re-introduced on the 12th June, how has no-one from Dev-dom acknowledged this yet? Do they really want people to abandon the game over the weekend? It seems to be similar the problem that made the game unplayable with the 5.10.3 Dantooine Incursion update which made the game completely unplayable and was found to be caused by the new conquest point system. It's looking like their conquest fix has not worked that well.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

IoNonSoEVero
06.14.2019 , 06:44 PM | #17
It's all over Star Forge right now. I gave up on Oricon earlier today because there was so much lag, my toon was moving in slow motion. There were five people in the instance. Whatever is happening it is making the game nigh unplayable/.

TrixxieTriss
06.14.2019 , 07:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by taxidermis View Post
The lack of dev response is getting very frustrating as this is during 2x xp AND first rollout of a new event. At this point it would be nice to have an extension of double xp so we can actually take advantage of it if and when they fix the lag.
It took two days and a bunch of threads and twitter posts to get them to respond. Even the most loyal players have a hard time justifying that.
I too would like an extension of double XP and run the Dantoonine event again sooner than planned,

I don’t mind beta testing new features to see if we can break them. I just resent it being implemented during double points weeks or new content. (which seems to be the norm)
I don’t see why the conquest and strong hold hook changes couldn’t have been made after the Dantooine event and double points week.

I also don’t like that they are silent about it for so long. I get they were trying to do back end fixes. But how about letting us know sooner instead of waiting 2 -3 days to get back to us.

We’ve still had no response to the guild bank problems or the strong hold resource decorations not resetting after use.

Shipwright
06.14.2019 , 09:56 PM | #19
Skill delay is getting brutal on SF. Sometimes they do not even go off. Companions have become even worse, running backwards away from an enemy they are commanded to attack...and freezing.