Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Conquest

MacCleoud
06.13.2019 , 07:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiranea View Post
See, for me it's the opposite. Me and my guild have loved Conquest since 5.8, but this change effectively broke it. You say yourself that you hit your target on four characters without doing a single objective... what is the point of even having objectives then? It's just a passive stream of points now that gives you free stuff. And yeah, I get that people like free stuff, but I liked Conquest as an actual gameplay system...
How did this break it for your guild? You still have the objectives you did before. This dantooine incursion has LOTS of overpriced objectives, but the objectives on PTS went back to normal after they rolled past the Dantooine Incursion.

UmbralSpirit
06.13.2019 , 07:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
1. server lag - the servers can´t hande the burden of generating xp and conquest points if you kill something.
I can barely play because of that ability delay. Everything feels slow.
I noticed that too, at first i thought it was just because of the bug hunt xp bots on Balmorra since i'm growing a new toon but it seems varying degrees of lag appear everywhere now where a decent amount of players....are actually playing.
Looks like the servers can't handle the additional data, not that i'm surprised it's not the first time after all.

Tiranea
06.13.2019 , 01:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
How did this break it for your guild? You still have the objectives you did before. This dantooine incursion has LOTS of overpriced objectives, but the objectives on PTS went back to normal after they rolled past the Dantooine Incursion.
I meant that the patch broke Conquest, not my guild.

Previously there was value in working together to achieve the bigger objectives, but the change makes most of them utterly worthless. Why would you invest time in chasing objectives that are barely worth more points than killing a few mobs? Now the most effective way to gain points is basically to mob grind.

If get that there were people who didn't like the objective-based gameplay, but we already had a "fill your bar doing whatever you like to get a reward" system in Galactic Command. I don't see the point in having two systems that are pretty much the exact same thing.
My personal SWTOR Fan Blog: Going Commando

MacCleoud
06.13.2019 , 01:53 PM | #14
I meant that the patch broke Conquest, not my guild.

Previously there was value in working together to achieve the bigger objectives, but the change makes most of them utterly worthless. Why would you invest time in chasing objectives that are barely worth more points than killing a few mobs? Now the most effective way to gain points is basically to mob grind.

If get that there were people who didn't like the objective-based gameplay, but we already had a "fill your bar doing whatever you like to get a reward" system in Galactic Command. I don't see the point in having two systems that are pretty much the exact same thing.
Again, conquest is not broken. The value, in running things together is the comraderie of running with the guild. If you don’t do that now, your guild is broken, not conquest. Also, again, this week is not indicative of the normal week. This is double XP and a ton of repeatable HIGH VALUE heroics. If this were a normal week, I would be sitting at roughly 34k across my four toons. This is by playing how I want to play, like it was back before they made all the big changes.

I have been doing conquest for a long time, and while I think there will be some adjustments to the percentages after a few weeks of non-event time, I think this is a great setup. It has done nothing to prevent guides from continuing to work together (which gives greater XP and therefore greater CP).

Tiranea
06.13.2019 , 02:05 PM | #15
Conquest has never been about doing just anything though; it was always objective-based, even pre 5.8. I guess you just liked the objectives back then more, and hey, that's fair enough. Personally I've been finding it much, much easier to do Conquest in the past year than pre 5.8. But either way, it's not like I would have been opposed to maybe adding some more objectives.

I'd still like to know what's supposed to be the value of turning Conquest into Galactic Command v.2 though. What's the difference between working on your CXP and working on your Conquest now? Because I don't see one; they are both just bars that fill themselves.
My personal SWTOR Fan Blog: Going Commando

MacCleoud
06.13.2019 , 02:40 PM | #16
I was all for added more objectives myself, or simply taking away the per legacy per day ones and making then once per day per toon.

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 04:59 PM | #17
All they need to do to take the stress off the system is update the conquest points as batches and at intervals. Not do it live for every kill that every player is getting,
That would greatly reduce the overhead on the servers. Which I guess is memory related and possibly read and write to the hard drives as I doubt they use solid state drives in an MMO.

juliushorst
06.14.2019 , 07:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
simply taking away the per legacy per day ones and making then once per day per toon.
I really hope they'll update other conquest this way. Once per day per legacy was the worst.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

DeannaVoyager
06.14.2019 , 08:14 AM | #19
I'm with the OP. I'm very glad that conquest is no longer a second job, and I can again choose which alt and which content to play without worrying how much CQ points I'm losing if I want to ie. do a flashpoint to practise some specific class instead of going for CQ objectives. As a progression raider I also lost several evening per week in conquest because I wasn't able to do both at the same time. Finishing a HM or NiM operation gave a lousy 2k points before, but now I get a character that I'm actively playing capped while playing the content I choose to. So thank you for changing it!

Stellarcrusade
06.14.2019 , 10:06 AM | #20
See, for me it's the opposite. Me and my guild have loved Conquest since 5.8, but this change effectively broke it. You say yourself that you hit your target on four characters without doing a single objective... what is the point of even having objectives then? It's just a passive stream of points now that gives you free stuff. And yeah, I get that people like free stuff, but I liked Conquest as an actual gameplay system...
You completely missed the point didn't you? The point of objectives is to double (or triple) up. Players LOVE when they can do something they like, earn something like conquest points for doing so, but also be gaining ground on something they dislike (like grinding) and earning points on that too. Anytime you can earn two different ways doing the same thing its fun.

For example, doing the "objectives" kill 150 on planet X to get Y amount of conquest by itself is mind numbingly boring and I refuse. But If i'm on the planet earning XP, while working on a heroic to gain 1000 for the heroic, WHILE working my way to the 150 kills: YES SIR, I'LL DO THAT.