Lockouts should be removed from story modes

Instead you should be "locked out" from rolling on gear from each boss more than once a week.

The current lockout system is not compatible with group finder, it doesn't matter if you nerf bosses or mobs or even turn the entire ops into a childs playground someone will end up leaving halfway through for whatever reason and that creates a void that's difficult to fill especially after your group has done the first few bosses.

While there is the argument of joining a guild you shouldn't be penalised for not, I've left every guild I've joined due to the fact they are not compatible with when I want to play the game and when I don't, to play outside that turns this into an unpaid job rather than a game, I shouldn't have to play the game when I'm "told" or miss out on content each week.

Also having the story modes without a lockout would mean people who are new to the ops wouldn't have to wait a week before trying it again to figure everything out, they could run them as many times as they like until they get the hang of it without ruining someone's week. It would also provide GM's with a testbed to see if people are quick enough on their feet in the SM ops for the HM's whenever they want.

The benefits of not having lockouts for story modes clearly outweigh the the disadvantages of it... in fact what are the disadvantages?

We've got comms limits, we've got a tried and tested loot limit system (i.e. like the one for f2p players in flashpoints), is there any reason to keep supporting the current content lockout system over a loot limit one similar to the one used for f2p players in flashpoints but for ops?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely hate it when 1 wipe happens, half of the group leaves and I'm locked from 1-2 first bosses. I'd love to be able to run it again so that I would receive no loot from the first bosses but would get it from the later ones.

I love ops. This is a genius, if not redundant idea.

Redundant or not it needs to happen.

The way group finder ops are now is a bit like drawing straws. You could be lucky and get into a group who either knows what they're doing or have at least enough common sense and some patience to complete the op and know their role, or you could pull the short straw and have a total fail group whom rage quit on the first difficult mob they come across.

It's all very well bioware trying to encourage people to progress together in guilds but for people who don't want that at least for just the story mode ops we have to deal with the fact that we only really get one attempt a week at an op that could go horribly wrong. Once you are locked out of a few bosses and the group breaks up chances are slim at best of continuing it with another group especially after weeklies.

Run an op with 7 alts and 1 main. Give all the loot to the main.

Now the main swaps to his alt, and one of the alts swap to his main. Go in again, give all loot to the main,

Rinse and repeat and you have everyone fully geared, including set bonus and everything, in the first week.

Edited by steave

Run an op with 7 alts and 1 main. Give all the loot to the main.

Now the main swaps to his alt, and one of the alts swap to his main. Go in again, give all loot to the main,

Rinse and repeat and you have everyone fully geared, including set bonus and everything, in the first week.

It seems you replied without actually reading the first post, the problem I'm having is not with gear as the suggestion to counter a removal of the lockouts was made in the first line of my post, and would not provide any difference to the chances of getting loot (as it's technically the same restriction as a lockout as far as loot is concerned).

The problem is the high failure rate of story mode operations in group finder, and the current weekly lockout means either you got to complete it with the random group you've just been assigned or not at all. If only the loot was locked out (for the individual only and not the group) rather than the content it would mean if a group finder group falls apart for whatever reason, you can do as the second poster said and help a new group complete the bosses you've already done (and miss out on a roll for those bosses because you already rolled), then continue on from where you're last group ended getting loot as normal.

nah, just remove TFB and S&V from group finder completely

This has happened to me in KP, EV and specially EC, too. I've actually only once completed that cursed EC, because always someone makes 1 mistake and it leads to a wipe and then half of the group runs away.

It seems you replied without actually reading the first post, the problem I'm having is not with gear as the suggestion to counter a removal of the lockouts was made in the first line of my post, and would not provide any difference to the chances of getting loot (as it's technically the same restriction as a lockout as far as loot is concerned).

The problem is the high failure rate of story mode operations in group finder, and the current weekly lockout means either you got to complete it with the random group you've just been assigned or not at all. If only the loot was locked out (for the individual only and not the group) rather than the content it would mean if a group finder group falls apart for whatever reason, you can do as the second poster said and help a new group complete the bosses you've already done (and miss out on a roll for those bosses because you already rolled), then continue on from where you're last group ended getting loot as normal.

I did read it, and what I just described is the reason you can't do that.

If you're still allowed to do the op again, you can do it once with a group, and then keep doing it with that same group just rotating out one guy for someone that hasn't done it and get him fully geared, rinse and repeat until every char those people have (except for the original 8) are fully geared.

If you're still allowed to do the op again, you can do it once with a group, and then keep doing it with that same group just rotating out one guy for someone that hasn't done it and get him fully geared, rinse and repeat until every char those people have (except for the original 8) are fully geared.

I don't get your logic. If you have i.e. 8 alts, you can loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt. if this would happen, you could still loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt.

Yes this needs to happen.

Never had any trouble with GF and EV&KP, because they were pretty easy and most knew the tactics when they got to GF (if not plenty of people had experience).

Before 2.0 I'd never done TFB or S&V.

This week I got in to one TFB group that fell apart at the third boss (we wiped a couple of times, noone took charge and explained what we were doing wrong, so naturally people dropped away and it ended). Bam, locked out of TFB this week and won't get my ultimate commendations.

I then later did a S&V run. It started ok, a guy knew the tacts and could explain, but on the second boss one guy DC'd and we had trouble finding a replacement (this was pretty late). One more person leaves, and another. Bam, locked out of S&V as well. Won't get those Ultimates either.

You need to remove the lockout on Storymode ops BioWare.

With the combination of the GTN and flashpoints you can get yourself fully decked in full optimized 162's minus the set bonus in a day. Even if your method is probable it's still a long tedious process and I don't think most people would be doing it for 69's.

Even with the current lockout system it's still possible to get all the groups main characters geared in a week if everyone has 8 level 55 alts so it doesn't change much.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

Well I think you are wrong (give or take), they should be on lockouts

and half you comments are stupid, "OMG the group fell apart as people didn't know what to do"

WOW then go and read what to do!!!! there are guild out that will get paid to explain what to do on fights.

Some suggestions

Remove story mode lockouts in favour of weekly loot limits per boss

Add "classic operations" to group finder at 55

Legacy commendations.

WOW

1st should not be done

2nd one is a good point

3rd is stupid, will never ever get done as it will gearing up too easy

P.S for n.o 3 use LEGACY GEAR spend comms and transfer the gear!!!!

I don't get your logic. If you have i.e. 8 alts, you can loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt. if this would happen, you could still loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt.

The difference is that now each run requires 8 fresh characters, so you can run it once and have 12.5% chance on each drop. If you allow people to kill the bosses again but just not loot, you can take 7 people that have already done it and 1 person that hasn't and give that person the loot from every boss, so instead of getting out of there with ~1 item, you get out of there with every piece that dropped in there. Then you swap one other person out and do it again - the original 8 that did the first clear are the only ones that will need to compete with eachother for loot, while each new char brought in gets fully geared, guaranteed.

With the combination of the GTN and flashpoints you can get yourself fully decked in full optimized 162's minus the set bonus in a day. Even if your method is probable it's still a long tedious process and I don't think most people would be doing it for 69's.

Even with the current lockout system it's still possible to get all the groups main characters geared in a week if everyone has 8 level 55 alts so it doesn't change much.

The set bonus is the main reward for doing SM ops, and it changes a ton. Yes, if you have 8 alts each, you can all get fully geared - but if this goes trough, you only need 2, and if you have 8, you can get 7 out of 8 of them all geared in that first week.

The difference is that now each run requires 8 fresh characters, so you can run it once and have 12.5% chance on each drop. If you allow people to kill the bosses again but just not loot, you can take 7 people that have already done it and 1 person that hasn't and give that person the loot from every boss, so instead of getting out of there with ~1 item, you get out of there with every piece that dropped in there. Then you swap one other person out and do it again - the original 8 that did the first clear are the only ones that will need to compete with eachother for loot, while each new char brought in gets fully geared, guaranteed.

Ah, okay, now I understand what you are meaning. Sure, then someone could get their alts geared fast, if they had 7 buddies who would be willing to run the same sm ops over and over again in a short period of time. But I guess some pve players would be crazy enough to do that (I certainly wouldn't, too dull).

I don't think there would be an easy way to work around this problem, but I also think that the good sides of the changes would be bigger than the bad sides. After 2.0, at least in my case, gf ops seem to more likely disband in the middle of the operation than get completed. Just today I was in EV group that got disbanded, thanks to a first-timer dps who just left the group after the first boss without saying anything, a tank that disconnected and didn't show signs of coming back, and a couple of impatient healers. And now I'm locked from the first boss, which pretty much means I'm locked from EV. Haven't tried level 55 ops yet, but what I've read about S&Vs tactics, I bet there will be ever more wipes, which usually means even more impatient people leaving, which means that you just got more or less locked out from an ops because you killed 1-2 first bosses.

Completely agreed. It's better for everything, quite literally, if players were allowed to run it again and it just locked you out of the gear drop.

This would help everyone including those people with partial runs and need to get it done.