Sith Marauder Critical Rating vs Power

jediiryan

I was just wondering as a Marauder for PvP if I should focus on Power or Critical Rating.

Get Critical to 25-30% then invest the rest in Power. I have:

Crit: 25%

Surge 75%

Accuracy: 105%

Expertise: 1222

Then just filled up on Power. I can hit 6100 for max hits and have no problem reaching 300k in Ranked Warzones. And I'm still building my gear (Still have a lot of War Hero Gear to get before I can even start optimizing the enhancement/mods).

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

Get Critical to 25-30% then invest the rest in Power. I have:

Crit: 25%

Surge 75%

Accuracy: 105%

Expertise: 1222

Then just filled up on Power. I can hit 6100 for max hits and have no problem reaching 300k in Ranked Warzones. And I'm still building my gear (Still have a lot of War Hero Gear to get before I can even start optimizing the enhancement/mods).

wow, that's wrong

crit at 35% buffed(with operative/smuggler buff)

surge at 75%

then stack the crap out of expertise. dont stop at 1200 like the pve heroes will tell you. stack it ALL the way. expertise > power

i've seen the accuracy part debated and think it would depend on which spec you are before actually giving you a suggestion on that

wow, that's wrong

then stack the crap out of expertise. dont stop at 1200 like the pve heroes will tell you. stack it ALL the way. expertise > power

I'm not going to be as ignorant as you and claim "wow, that's wrong" but most people usually cap their Expertise at 1200-1300. I inspect EVERYONE I play in PvP and it's essentially that range. I have never ran into anyone much higher than 1300-1320. And ultimately it's not like 100 expertise will decide a fight at those levels, ever so sligh edge maybe, but nothing that will determine victory or defeat.

I replaced my +41 Expetise crystals with the +41 power. I did this by playing repeatedly with the Exp then repeatedly with the Pwr and noticing a slight increase in my overall damage. Granted Exp gives you more defense too, but it wasn't anything drastically noticeable.

Again, I can crit 6000+ against people with 1200-1300 Exp in ranked Warzones. So it's not like my 25% Crit rating is hurting me. Sure I'd like it to be a tad higher near 30%. But I'm still optimizing my gear (There's a ton of enhancemens I need to replace that will be +more Crit).

So you have your opinion, I have mine, and others have theirs. No one is really "wrong".

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

I'm not going to be as ignorant as you and claim "wow, that's wrong" but most people usually cap their Expertise at 1200-1300. I inspect EVERYONE I play in PvP and it's essentially that range. I have never ran into anyone much higher than 1300-1320. And ultimately it's not like 100 expertise will decide a fight at those levels, ever so sligh edge maybe, but nothing that will determine victory or defeat.

I replaced my +41 Expetise crystals with the +41 power. I did this by playing repeatedly with the Exp then repeatedly with the Pwr and noticing a slight increase in my overall damage. Granted Exp gives you more defense too, but it wasn't anything drastically noticeable.

Again, I can crit 6000+ against people with 1200-1300 Exp in ranked Warzones. So it's not like my 25% Crit rating is hurting me. Sure I'd like it to be a tad higher near 30%. But I'm still optimizing my gear (There's a ton of enhancemens I need to replace that will be +more Crit).

So you have your opinion, I have mine, and others have theirs. No one is really "wrong".

lol and warzones are ALL about damage right? forget damage mitigation, forget healing bonus right? i weep for anyone that has to heal you

keep going though, and call me ignorant again, keep it up and brag about your 300k damage numbers in huttball

Edited by FourTwent

Arrogant AND ignorant. Quite the combo! :)

Forgot about damage mitigation?

Granted Exp gives you more defense too,

Yep. There I am. Forgetting about damage mitigation. Maybe you should read posts before arrogantly spouting off at the mouth. Hm?

We all know Expertise is an overall buff to damage/defense/healing. Because it matches the 3 playstyles: Damage/Tank/Healer.

But what you neglected is this is a MARAUDER THREAD. What do you think, he wants information on TANKING? Or how to be a better Marauder Healer? Lmfao. Of course I'll tell him about damage, he asked a DPS related question.

I'll stop calling you ignorant, when you stop posting ignorantly. Ball's in your court on that one.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

Tell us your preferred Spec.

If you're a LOLSMASHER, or Carnage marauder, stack as much power as you can. Critical rating isn't as important because you get a free-critical on your burst.

If you're an annihilation spec'ed marauder, keep your critical rating at around 30%. Your bleeds are the bread, butter, and money maker of annihilation. Critical bleed ticks is regenerated health. An annihilation marauder 1 versus 1 will never loose if played properly. The ability to heal yourself allows you to simply outlast any class 1 versus 1.

Edited by Yeochins