Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The state of Solo Ranked and Season 11

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The state of Solo Ranked and Season 11

Seterade
02.07.2019 , 01:05 PM | #11
well. lets see what happens.

its also important to remember the devs did cuck the blatant cheaters last season.

I remember the salty tears.

LinkinPein
02.07.2019 , 01:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post

its also important to remember the devs did cuck the blatant cheaters last season.

Yeah, but then rewarded the other half? I don't know man. I swear they are blind.

SlimeyDoom
02.07.2019 , 01:56 PM | #13

Most of the cheaters got their rewards, quite a few were reinstated after being banned temporarily.

Seterade
02.07.2019 , 03:06 PM | #14
key word is "blatant"

also "cheater" is subjective. quite a few people said prum and nike both wintraded, but I knew them personaly, fought with them and saw how hard they carried absolute garbage matchups. I use these two because not only did they get top 3 op, but several gold toons as well.

prum did flyhack, but rarely if ever used it to win. for example he used it to hide till acid to pulll the troll roll acid grenade, or when on his pt he would fly away long enough to kick his teammate. then come down and die/lose

SlimeyDoom
02.07.2019 , 04:30 PM | #15
key word is "blatant"

also "cheater" is subjective. quite a few people said prum and nike both wintraded, but I knew them personaly, fought with them and saw how hard they carried absolute garbage matchups. I use these two because not only did they get top 3 op, but several gold toons as well.

prum did flyhack, but rarely if ever used it to win. for example he used it to hide till acid to pulll the troll roll acid grenade, or when on his pt he would fly away long enough to kick his teammate. then come down and die/lose
They backfilled, which is a now-fixed feature that allowed them to gain rating even if they lost

DavidAtkinson
02.08.2019 , 04:05 AM | #16
Again.. another pointless thread about things that will never be fixed...

You do realize you are complaining over the same things for years now ?

Dev team will never allocate resources to a game mode that only 5% of the current population play....

The best fix for these problems is to stop queing ranked if you aren't happy.

Classes will never be balanced in arenas.. and the biggest problem are the arenas themselves that are only gank fests. Some classes will always suck no matter what buffs / nerfs they apply.

merovejec
02.08.2019 , 06:13 AM | #17
I agree with these points:

*Matchmaking tends to stack classes, often ending in an unfair composition. Examples:

*Matchmaking always hinders the highest rated player.

*Make Solo Ranked pops impossible to miss.

The other things are kinda OK since it depends on how they are approached.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Sertar
02.08.2019 , 06:40 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
*Return 30% damage reduction when stunned to Juggernauts, Assassins and Powertechs. With the increase in damage output, these classes simply get close to dying in a single 4 second stun, if not plain globalled. This was perhaps the most reckless, stupid change ever made in terms of class balance.
IMO it should just be taken out of the game at this point. They had their reasons to remove 30% stun DR from DPS classes and I support it. But they should remove it completely. The DPS classes that still have it are Sorc and Merc. Lightning Sorc already has high passive DR and can use phasewalk to avoid damage while stunned, so they don't need it. And Merc, well they could spec into it, but other utilities are actually better so they don't need it aswell. Give it to everyone or remove it completely would be my suggestion. And as a person who felt the pain of playing deception sin in solos I'd still vote for "remove".

*Matchmaking always hinders the highest rated player. Everyone knows this by now, and it is perhaps the single most important point here; it takes all the fun out of Solo Ranked.
the most important thing why the old system was better is once again it's abusability. Although cross faction and the server transfer rating reset helped, it was definitely not harder to wintrade in solos in s10 than it was in s9. the difference is: back then you had to do much more games than in s10, where you just push out of starting games and you're top3.

prum did flyhack
I did not know that as I don't know anybody on NA besides streamers but this statement is enough for him to lose every tiny bit of credibility. It's sad how many people like this get away with top3 titles not even to mention the people buying accounts with cheated or maybe not cheated top3 characters. it's not a surprise to see these top3s usually being achieved in solo ranked.

LinkinPein
02.09.2019 , 05:53 AM | #19
Well, unless they take care of these people popping out of nowhere and taking top 3 spots, I'm done. Months of careful queueing about to be all for nothing in the comming days.

Seriously BioWare, if you can't see that such low rating is a big mistake, and that the matchmaking system needs to be restored, then you are probably fixed on eradicating what's left of the PvPers in this game. Now that I think about it, this has to be the worst year yet in terms of gearing and quality of matches.

Again, it was not that 2k+ ratings were all a farce, in Season 9 you could go well above that range and still get even matches. Now anything above 1600 is almost suicide. I queued on one yesterday and I went againts 3 of the best DPS in queue, while I got the 3 most green players I could possible get; and this happens consistently. You cannot work your way into a win with that; it's simply impossible.

DavidAtkinson
02.09.2019 , 07:37 AM | #20
Well, unless they take care of these people popping out of nowhere and taking top 3 spots, I'm done. Months of careful queueing about to be all for nothing in the comming days.

Seriously BioWare, if you can't see that such low rating is a big mistake, and that the matchmaking system needs to be restored, then you are probably fixed on eradicating what's left of the PvPers in this game. Now that I think about it, this has to be the worst year yet in terms of gearing and quality of matches.

Again, it was not that 2k+ ratings were all a farce, in Season 9 you could go well above that range and still get even matches. Now anything above 1600 is almost suicide. I queued on one yesterday and I went againts 3 of the best DPS in queue, while I got the 3 most green players I could possible get; and this happens consistently. You cannot work your way into a win with that; it's simply impossible.
You need to focus on rewards only and getting enough tokens to buy yourself something for your effort in ranked... and for enduring all the bs that comes with you que.

If you are fixated on ratings and flairs that mean nothing, you are just feeding your frustrations. I agree with what you posted, it has been my experience as well. I qued up until november and my win - loss rations was like 80-80.. I was literally where I started at 1200.