Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dev's Secret huge buff to stealthers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dev's Secret huge buff to stealthers

assatrap
02.06.2019 , 04:06 AM | #1
Alright seems iam pretty much retired from ranked this season and going forward (no longer going to be any unique rewards all recycled ****). I might as well give away this. Very very few people using this even fewer has complained lol. This buff is probably unintentional just goes to show how clueless devs are about PVP mechanics hehe.
I know iam going to be hated for exposing this **** but I dont care those who play ranked already secured their rating.

Hint 1: This secret buff applys pretty much exclusively to stealthers
Hint 2: Its useful in regs but almost OP and BROKEN in arenas especially ranked under some circumstances (zero value in pve)
Hint 3: 5.10 update
Hint 4: funny enough it has not been up to you if you have this secret buff or not

Now you got all the information you need. If you wanna reveal this secret stealth buff it in this thread or keep it to yourself.... its up to you!

Maxitrac
02.06.2019 , 04:57 AM | #2
Thatís nice
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

DzastinBiberi
02.06.2019 , 07:11 AM | #3
So...whats the pointof this thread if you're not gonna say what that buff is?

Zurules
02.06.2019 , 11:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by assatrap View Post
Alright seems iam pretty much retired from ranked this season and going forward (no longer going to be any unique rewards all recycled ****). I might as well give away this. Very very few people using this even fewer has complained lol. This buff is probably unintentional just goes to show how clueless devs are about PVP mechanics hehe.
I know iam going to be hated for exposing this **** but I dont care those who play ranked already secured their rating.

Hint 2: Its useful in regs but almost OP and BROKEN in arenas especially ranked under some circumstances (zero value in pve)
Hint 4: funny enough it has not been up to you if you have this secret buff or not

Now you got all the information you need. If you wanna reveal this secret stealth buff it in this thread or keep it to yourself.... its up to you!
This is an interesting puzzle. Hint 1 leads me to believe it has something to do specifically with the fact that stealthers can vanish. because u said almost exclusively (mara/sent vanish). Hint 2 then makes my guess for hint 1 pointless since vanish can very extremely useful In pve (operations rez that does not include the team single rez sin/shadow gets 1 free rez, ops/scoundrel get as many as they want) Hint 3 , 5.10 patch notes has literally nothing involving stealth classes or changes to utilities. Hint 4, honestly no clue what to make of it.

Final thought: unless they broke a utility that I am not aware of (the ones I choose all seem to work properly), then I have no clue what you are referring to. Anyone else got some guesses?
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Lhancelot
02.06.2019 , 11:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by assatrap View Post

Hint 1 = "pretty much," so some stealther specs may not be affected

Hint 2 = makes me think a stealth ability renders damage null, in regs this would be useful, but in arenas where the only difference is the match goes to acid so avoiding acid deaths would be arena only meaning somehow this bug escapes acid?

Hint 3 = 5.10 just means it's another bug thanks to 5.10, can't see how this is a clue to anything relevant

Hint 4 = This proves that it's either specific specs or specific stealth classes that get the buff, while others do not. You don't get to make the bug happen it is only available to specific class/specs whether it's via a particular ability only a certain spec or specs have, or it's just bad coding that grants this bug to random different stealth specs, who knows?
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

WayOfTheWarriorx
02.06.2019 , 11:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
This is an interesting puzzle. Hint 1 leads me to believe it has something to do specifically with the fact that stealthers can vanish. because u said almost exclusively (mara/sent vanish). Hint 2 then makes my guess for hint 1 pointless since vanish can very extremely useful In pve (operations rez that does not include the team single rez sin/shadow gets 1 free rez, ops/scoundrel get as many as they want) Hint 3 , 5.10 patch notes has literally nothing involving stealth classes or changes to utilities. Hint 4, honestly no clue what to make of it.

Final thought: unless they broke a utility that I am not aware of (the ones I choose all seem to work properly), then I have no clue what you are referring to. Anyone else got some guesses?
It might not apply because it only lasts for 4 seconds, doesn't take you out of combat so you can't heal or take any other 'out of combat' action, it resets nothing and the red dot can be seen on the mini-compass immediately after the 4 second time so being behind a wall or other sort of cover doesn't let you be undetected, they can see exactly where you are and just go there.

Also, as people know they will reappear in 4 seconds, especially in an arena, you can't get far and they just lay aoe-slows and such. The Mara/Sent won't get out of ranged range limits in that time [30-35']. Additionally, the 'threat drop' component [actually it's not a threat drop it all, only a threat reduction] also doesn't apply.

Without knowing 'the details' it may be that other limited forms as such are mitigating factors. No one calls or considers Maras/Sents 'a stealth class'. They are as in your face as it gets.

TL;DR - Maras/Sents aren't 'stealthers.'

I have no idea in the slightest what he is referring to even with all the hints and I have formal Criminal Investigation training. All the hints he has given have done is frustrate me and piss me off.

@OP - If you are going to make a thread about revealing some secret to other players as you consider it 'unfair' and it no longer effects you anyways, than just tell people what the hell it is so people see don't see cheats everywhere and don't start raising conspiracy theories.

I'm sure Saddam is responsible for it some how.

TELL US DAMMIT!!!!!

Seterade
02.06.2019 , 12:01 PM | #7
or you know. this is a nub who discovered blackout is now part of stlth.

or hes trolling.

in fact since he clearly stated he will not be telling you himself this is a completely pointless post with no validity or proof of.. well anything, besides a rando forum post.

Lhancelot
02.06.2019 , 12:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
or you know. this is a nub who discovered blackout is now part of stlth.

or hes trolling.

in fact since he clearly stated he will not be telling you himself this is a completely pointless post with no validity or proof of.. well anything, besides a rando forum post.
lol.

Seterade, just spill the beans already. I know you enjoy stealths and ranked, so chances you know this secret are quite high. Send me a PM, I promise not to snitch on you!

P.S. Hey Op, this riddle is the most exciting thing to happen to these PVP forums in years btw. (Sad days!)
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Seterade
02.06.2019 , 12:56 PM | #9
I play quite a bit of stlth in solo ranked and I have not noticed a single difference in my gameplay, acid mechanics, dcds, damage taken, stlth level or ability to see other stlth.

and the thing about his post.... he spent a bunch of words trying "hint" at "something" but the reality after you take his post apart is all he said is "stlth classes have some change after 5.10" then he made it sound super important like it game changing to people elo climb but.... he managed to excuse himself from ever actually letting on anything at all by stating he would not be revealing it.

there is no reason at all to speculate on this. unless he gives a tangible clue (like when I said the low slash 2 sec hrd stun is based on range to target) this has no validity, proof, evidence, and/or is posted by someone with any forum credence. in fact no one has any idea who he is, what hes talking about and it could just be some blue elo guy who got trolled by a top 3 in ranked discord and now thinks hes revealing some top 3 super secret

https://imgur.com/a/uOvXzyT

https://imgur.com/a/XjLtgkB

you can clearly see from these leaderboard shots of solo ranked no stlth classes is pulling any omega backfill/wintrade/supersecret GLITCH EXPLOIT!!

the ratings in solos are medicore across the board at best, and to give you a good idea of what 1500 elo is, its winning 12 of your first 20. thats how hard 1500 is. so if there was a theortical exploit dont you think elos would be higher?

Severith
02.06.2019 , 01:58 PM | #10
Guild recharge drones. Known issue.