[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of the deception builds skipping out on charge mastery. Is it really worth skipping out on something that ignores 9% armor?

9% of armor is about (i think) 2% dmg reduction, so 3 points in 2% dmg is not pvp super important

I see a lot of the deception builds skipping out on charge mastery. Is it really worth skipping out on something that ignores 9% armor?

if it was useful people would spec into it, hence why they don't

full deception needs 3 points in chain shock and might as well take the VS buff in darkness instead because VS is the only reason to ever consider running full deception over wakajinn and even then it isn't worth it but i digress

wakajinn has very specific talent tree numbers and can't afford any points in darkness

tl;dr armor pen isn't worth it and is outclassed by other options

Edited by EatenByDistance

On Waka's spec, would running dark charge be gimping Waka's build a lot? 23/1/17 and 31/0/10 get a little stale but can guard when needed. There's a lot of posts and reading, sorry in advance if I missed anything about the stances and Waka's build discussed already.

On Waka's spec, would running dark charge be gimping Waka's build a lot? 23/1/17 and 31/0/10 get a little stale but can guard when needed. There's a lot of posts and reading, sorry in advance if I missed anything about the stances and Waka's build discussed already.

Yes, the build is intended for surging charge. You'll be in dps gear as well, so guarding someone would make you drop like a sack of rocks in water.

This is an incredible thread , exactly what I need and I'm certain many others. Many thanks to MantorokTwelve for pointing it out to me and EatenByDarkness for creating it. I'm astounded it hasn't been made into a sticky and hope that this will change.

One question for Waka (or anyone who knows) - I notice on your video that you have cooldown timers on each of you abilities. Where could I get such a mod?

I also plan on doing another Juggernaut dueling video. Some intensive dueling sessions with another Juggernaut friend of mine have shown that there are a ton of intricacies to the tank hybrid and full vengeance specs that I did not cover in my initial video.

I'll be spending a few days at home late February/early March so I'll do my best to push out content then.

In the meantime, I will continue to answer any questions in this thread to the best of my ability.

Hey Waka.

First and foremost, I would like to say that the guide has been a very good help to me so far. :) Your 0/27/14 spec is suiting my playstyle completely.

After watching your stream (the 5h one - good fights and lots of learning), I took a good look at your armory, in order to replicate it somewhat.

I noticed that you use alot of the same mods and enhancements, which leads me to my question:

What do you suggest to get first, when gearing into EWH? Atm, I got full WH, with EWH earpiece (all full augmented so that the augs can be stripped once I got the EWH)

Also, I asume that the "easiest" way to get many of the mods/enhancements, is to farm the wrist item and....?

With that said, I hope you'll keep on streaming, as there are alot to learn from it. :) Keep it up mate!

Edited by Amonkiratainted

What do you suggest to get first, when gearing into EWH? Atm, I got full WH, with EWH earpiece (all full augmented so that the augs can be stripped once I got the EWH)

the biggest differences from WH to EWH are the armorings and relics, since the overall stat increases from those are actually quite notable in comparison to mods/enhancements.

I'd go in this order:

EWH Relics

EWH Hilts/Offhand armoring (for the force power. While getting these first might give an increase in damage over relics first or whatever they're so damn expensive you might as well get the similarly good but much cheaper EWH relics first...If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)

EWH Armorings (If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)

EWH Implants (if applicable)

EWH Mods

EWH Enhancements

EWH Earpiece (+1 power for dps sets lol save this for last)

Yes, buy mods from bracers as it is the cheapest, just make sure you get the armorings (and the potentially good mods that come with them) first.

Btw unless you have alts and legacy gear to get geared quickly I strongly recommend you become min/maxxed in regular war hero (at least the mods and enhancements) before you begin the potentially long EWH grind. The mod/enhancement stat differences aren't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things and the grind will be much less brutal if you have min'maxxed WH gear. Reg WH gear is so cheap it really is worth it.

thanks for the feedback, I look forward to streaming when I go home every few weeks!

I should first note that another Assassin on my server seems to have squeezed out four or so more bonus damage than I while keeping all the crucial stats more or less the same. When I see him I'm gonna ask him what his secret is....so my armory might change a tiny bit (prob no more than 1-2 mods at most) soon.

That said...

the biggest differences from WH to EWH are the armorings and relics, since the overall stat increases from those are actually quite notable in comparison to mods/enhancements.

I'd go in this order:

EWH Relics

EWH Hilts/Offhand armoring (for the force power. While getting these first might give an increase in damage over relics first or whatever they're so damn expensive you might as well get the similarly good but much cheaper EWH relics first...If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)

EWH Armorings (If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)

EWH Implants (if applicable)

EWH Mods

EWH Enhancements

EWH Earpiece (+1 power for dps sets lol save this for last)

Yes, buy mods from bracers as it is the cheapest, just make sure you get the armorings (and the potentially good mods that come with them) first.

Btw unless you have alts and legacy gear to get geared quickly I strongly recommend you become min/maxxed in regular war hero (at least the mods and enhancements) before you begin the potentially long EWH grind. The mod/enhancement stat differences aren't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things and the grind will be much less brutal if you have min'maxxed WH gear. Reg WH gear is so cheap it really is worth it.

thanks for the feedback, I look forward to streaming when I go home every few weeks!

Thanks for the quick reply Waka. :)

Looking forward to hear the answer from the other assassin (that is, if you want to share it hehe)

I was actually thinking of min/maxing the WH first - aiming for 25% (un-buffed) and 75% surge. Rest would be power I asume, although I read someone earlier in this post, that he suggested willpower above raw power, even though crit is softmaxed.

Also I should mention as stated in earlier post - I already bought the EWH earpiece, however I upgraded it directly from Recruit , and didnt get the WH one first. So that gave me a bit better stats. But yes, as you said, if would have been better just to get the WH earpiece.

Again, I look forward to those streams. Just need to find out how to "sub" to them :D

Oh and one last question: I was wondering - howcome you use rakata medpack above warzone medpack? :)

Edited by Amonkiratainted

Alrighty - I did as you suggested and tried to min/max my WH gear atm - if any of you guys outthere would like to chime in on it, and give some advice, in case Im missing out something, please let me know :)

My armory

I would swap out the high endurance enhancements and replace them with something better. I run all adept 26 enhancements in all my slots with some willpower augs to boost mine up to around 1700ish. Then you can lose some 26A crit mods and replace them with mettle 26 if you are still short on crit. Personally I would only use high endurance mods for a tanking set.

I also run a madness hybrid with lightning charge so I get to cheat a little on my crit mods/enhancements since I get a 3% bonus with that charge to my crit.

I would swap out the high endurance enhancements and replace them with something better. I run all adept 26 enhancements in all my slots with some willpower augs to boost mine up to around 1700ish. Then you can lose some 26A crit mods and replace them with mettle 26 if you are still short on crit. Personally I would only use high endurance mods for a tanking set.

I also run a madness hybrid with lightning charge so I get to cheat a little on my crit mods/enhancements since I get a 3% bonus with that charge to my crit.

Dude, thanks much for the advice! :D

I have now tried updating the armory after your suggestions, and it looks so much better. :)

What is everyone's opinion on expertise? On my server, I have seen some good sin's with high expertise and others with low expertise. Is the % that you gain in pvp from higher expertise that noticeable? Has this been tested? And what are your opinions on having either a higher crit rating or higher bonus DMG for a hybrid/tank spec? Because there are so many ways to mod/aug a toon, would it be more benificial to have mods and augs for higher bonus damage or the 30% crit chance with lower bonus damage? Just wanting some opinions. Thanks

What is everyone's opinion on expertise? On my server, I have seen some good sin's with high expertise and others with low expertise. Is the % that you gain in pvp from higher expertise that noticeable? Has this been tested? And what are your opinions on having either a higher crit rating or higher bonus DMG for a hybrid/tank spec? Because there are so many ways to mod/aug a toon, would it be more benificial to have mods and augs for higher bonus damage or the 30% crit chance with lower bonus damage? Just wanting some opinions. Thanks

I run 1214 but have considered running 1164 and changing the hilt of my lightsaber to the PvE 63 hilt. Reason I considered the hilt is that it has the biggest gap in stats.

Looks like a great guide to me! New to playing the assassin here, and just hit lvl 50. Just one newbie question though: Which augments do I get? (Assuming 0/24/17)

For the love of god don't run that spec until you get at least full war hero. Run full darkness or a darkness hybrid and you can thank me later.