Time to nerf Deception assassin's dps or everyone will play only assassin

omaan

Yeah heared of that...i thought he probably come back for the addon.... yeah sad that many really really good PvP Players left the game... i loved the time on TOFN... weil it is in the past... but it is funny that this forum never change^^

Forums never change, sins are OP, opers are fine. It was fun times on TOFN. But nowdays i can't even grab people to return - the first question what to do in swtor - mmmm....grind 306 gear in FP 24/7? Oh, cmon, srsly? 2 players thats i'm played with last times come back and they don't want to grind, drop this game untill fixes if they coming out. Peoples want to play, but they don't want to grind.

Edited by helpmewin

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forums never change, sins are OP, opers are fine. It was fun times on TOFN. But nowdays i can't even grab people to return - the first question what to do in swtor - mmmm....grind 306 gear in FP 24/7? Oh, cmon, srsly? 2 players thats i'm played with last times come back and they don't want to grind, drop this game untill fixes if they coming out. Peoples want to play, but they don't want to grind.

Yeah i agree ;-) but they should fix the tactical Swap stuff in pvp

the gearing system itself is not that bad at all but it is definitely annoying that you need to grind it out via flashpoints...

It is not actually "Play your way" but we had worse gearing in the past... 1.0 gearing for example (totally RNG) or galactic command of course...

Edited by Tharianus

Massive snip.

Let’s calm down and have a reasonable discussion perhaps.

Also as a Scoundrel main i can say that Scoundrel is not fine right now. I found it funny that Catalyzed Toxins has a 9 second cool down increase while Blood Boiler did not receive the same treatment while using Volatile Strike. I try not to use meta builds as it makes me feel like my wins were deserved. Volatile Strike needs to be nerfed, Death Knell needs to be nerfed or at least tweaked.Ive faced alot Scoundrel/Operatives in the last week and more than half of them were using Volatile Strike/Tacticans. And of those matches half of them called me ‘trash’ for not using the same brain dead meta as they were using.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

Yeah i agree ;-) but they should fix the tactical Swap stuff in pvp

the gearing system itself is not that bad at all but it is definitely annoying that you need to grind it out via flashpoints...

It is not actually "Play your way" but we had worse gearing in the past... 1.0 gearing for example (totally RNG) or galactic command of course...

Grind ain't good. What are u doing now? Farming trash gear by 24/7 reg MM FP for looting + 2 ilvl every X runs through FPs? Most of loot is under ur currect ilvl or in the same slot. Until 306, this is not that gear for something, nothing, just a dust, wasting of time. Its not even a peace of tier. Then after u spend a tones of time, u need to spent much more to min/max, farm sets and other stuff. And ofc be a rich. Not bad? No sry, not for me at least. And other guys just say no.

This patch is not for us, mb after fixes, idk.

Edited by helpmewin

https://imgur.com/a/7ltgGDD

dps of a deception sin who took only 1300 rating in previous season and wasn't even good :rolleyes: definitely doesn't need nerf

As if 9.5K DPS is good? The opposing team to him also did almost no DPS so... what do you expect?

Besides, can't be as bad as a freecasting hatred sin https://imgur.com/a/FU3GtuP

Edited by DaddyDespacito

This thread is a self fulfilling prophecy. As soon as you make a thread like this, all the FOTM rerolled to Sins. Most are terrible and you can tell who the real Sin players are that arent FOTM.

Sadly, this thread is becoming more true. There are more and more bad Sins turning up and half your teams can be mostly sins. Even when there are 9 sins in a match, the stupid queue doesn’t split them, it just puts 7 or 8 in one team and 1 in another of all non Stealths. Which obviously makes Sins look and feel OP.

Can’t wait for some more “nerf threads” for other classes so these FOTM rerollers jump ship again. Anyone want to make some nerf Merc, nerf sniper and nerf PT threads so we can spread the FOTM crowd around a bit :D

This thread is a self fulfilling prophecy. As soon as you make a thread like this, all the FOTM rerolled to Sins. Most are terrible and you can tell who the real Sin players are that arent FOTM.

Sadly, this thread is becoming more true. There are more and more bad Sins turning up and half your teams can be mostly sins. Even when there are 9 sins in a match, the stupid queue doesn’t split them, it just puts 7 or 8 in one team and 1 in another of all non Stealths. Which obviously makes Sins look and feel OP.

Can’t wait for some more “nerf threads” for other classes so these FOTM rerollers jump ship again. Anyone want to make some nerf Merc, nerf sniper and nerf PT threads so we can spread the FOTM crowd around a bit :D

Last night I did some SR matches on DM and there wasn't a single merc in que.... Can you believe that ? :eek: No merc in que..

And regarding sins. They have indeed crazy burst and 1v1 it's a challenge now for my marauder. Defense wise they are mostly the same, but they have very good tacticals, can guard other players, can taunt to reduce dmg etc. Lots of games you face 3 sins :D. It's not impossible to win though.... but it's very tough if they they are competent.

I want to have fun in ranked and stop stressing about it.

Based on our 5.0 merc experience a nerf is not very likely to happen. And Trixxie, the majority of the players never read these forums. ;) This thread surely ain't the reason to reroll...

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Last night I did some SR matches on DM and there wasn't a single merc in que.... Can you believe that ? :eek: No merc in que..

And regarding sins. They have indeed crazy burst and 1v1 it's a challenge now for my marauder. Defense wise they are mostly the same, but they have very good tacticals, can guard other players, can taunt to reduce dmg etc. Lots of games you face 3 sins :D. It's not impossible to win though.... but it's very tough if they they are competent.

I want to have fun in ranked and stop stressing about it.

Based on our 5.0 merc experience a nerf is not very likely to happen. And Trixxie, the majority of the players never read these forums. ;) This thread surely ain't the reason to reroll...

Side Question about your Mara, what spec and set bonus are you using? I’m running Fury still, but I’m a bit up in the air which set bonus to use or tactical.

Side Question about your Mara, what spec and set bonus are you using? I’m running Fury still, but I’m a bit up in the air which set bonus to use or tactical.

Off topic.

I managed to grind out the perfect form armor set and the other one, descent of the fearless I think..

Descent of the fearless seems the better one because It generates a lot furious power, while the other I'm still not sure about though.

Currently I play Annihilation with defel spliced genes tactical and I'm currently testing 1.3 GCD - periodic intensity amps on all pieces.

For fury I use the other set with armor pen on all pieces,. but Honestly I think Descent of the fearless is the best for mara.

Most tacticals seem useless in PVP.. except the one that resets camo with pred.

Off topic.

I managed to grind out the perfect form armor set and the other one, descent of the fearless I think..

Descent of the fearless seems the better one because It generates a lot furious power, while the other I'm still not sure about though.

Currently I play Annihilation with defel spliced genes tactical and I'm currently testing 1.3 GCD - periodic intensity amps on all pieces.

For fury I use the other set with armor pen on all pieces,. but Honestly I think Descent of the fearless is the best for mara.

Most tacticals seem useless in PVP.. except the one that resets camo with pred.

I’ve been collecting Descent of the Fearless on my Rage Jugg (up to 4 pieces at the moment), so at least I can use it for my Mara too.

I do have a question about furious power. I’ve been using it with furious strike and I try to let it build up to at least 2 charges. But sometimes it feels like it’s weaker than not using it at all. Should I be using it then or is there a better combo.

I’ve been collecting Descent of the Fearless on my Rage Jugg (up to 4 pieces at the moment), so at least I can use it for my Mara too.

I do have a question about furious power. I’ve been using it with furious strike and I try to let it build up to at least 2 charges. But sometimes it feels like it’s weaker than not using it at all. Should I be using it then or is there a better combo.

I am still in the process of adapting that into the rotation... I always use it before the big hits. For example before annihilate will result in 40k 50k hit.

furious power only affects weapon strike, white damage only. and its a stack, each strike deals 25% bonus damage, up to 4 strike one after another. you cant increase a saber stroke by 50%+ and it doesnt affect any yellow damage.

imo its bad.... for pvp they basicaly got the short end. 25% boost on a damage type thats only half the rotation and not even its primary damage.

PS: I've stayed out of this topic till I had more experience playing a variety of classes and testing 306 burst/rotation damage.... conclusion? this topic is full of so much salty tears. sins are literaly not that bad at all. my ruffian scoundrel is bursting 40k crits every 23 seconds, in between his crits hes doing 30k backblasts and 25k brutal shots, repeatedly... leading up to ez 150k dmg in a single rotation. and thats the dot spec.... imagine what concealment is doing if lethality is criting 40ks

Edited by Seterade

furious power only affects weapon strike, white damage only. and its a stack, each strike deals 25% bonus damage, up to 4 strike one after another. you cant increase a saber stroke by 50%+ and it doesnt affect any yellow damage.

imo its bad.... for pvp they basicaly got the short end. 25% boost on a damage type thats only half the rotation and not even its primary damage.

Yep, that’s why I use it before furious strike or retaliation and I guess you could use it for viscous slash and Sabre throw? You’d need to make sure you’ve got your rage built up.

[...]I do have a question about furious power. I’ve been using it with furious strike and I try to let it build up to at least 2 charges. But sometimes it feels like it’s weaker than not using it at all. Should I be using it then or is there a better combo.

If you play marauder, you would use furious power ideally right before your burst combo (obliterate>furious strike>raging burst>vicious throw).

In conjunction with the perseverance tactical (autocrit on obliterate under furious power buff) and a little bit critluck, you can throw out some nice burst now and then >> burst example.