Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZionHalcyon
01.08.2014 , 08:25 PM | #51
Reading the Dev tea leaves and putting typed word through my Dev-o-translator,

Fairly Soon probably means either next Friday or the following Tuesday.

Transmet
01.08.2014 , 09:35 PM | #52
Any word on fixing the Lingering Toxins bug, Eric?
NOIRE - Concealment Operative

SUOMY - Madness Assassin

JaingSkiratapwns
01.08.2014 , 11:04 PM | #53
I love the people who complain about not being survivable AND wanting damage, can't have both or you get the nerf bat a couple months later.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

Racter
01.08.2014 , 11:33 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
I love the people who complain about not being survivable AND wanting damage, can't have both or you get the nerf bat a couple months later.
Mara Sin Powertech. 3 of the 5 melee ACs are ahead of us in both categories. Juggs are worse if they don't sit in tank stance the entire fight, but we out damage them so it's a bit of a trade off.

JaingSkiratapwns
01.08.2014 , 11:44 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
Mara Sin Powertech. 3 of the 5 melee ACs are ahead of us in both categories. Juggs are worse if they don't sit in tank stance the entire fight, but we out damage them so it's a bit of a trade off.
Yeah, but you can't have a spiky damage tree like scrapper and expect to be survivable, my opinion anyways. If its more sustained damage, then some survivability should be there.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

BobaFaceroll
01.08.2014 , 11:53 PM | #56
I like the Concealment changes and look forward to testing them out. Thanks for posting them early Eric.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

As you can see, there is quite a bit happening to increase Concealment damage in 2.6. Now, I know one of the things that came out of the brainstorming threads and the Class Reps was that you need survivability. I want to tell you that we don't disagree with that sentiment at all! The issue that stands currently is that most of the survivability of the Operative is tied into the base class. That means that if we increase Concealment survivability, we are also going to increase how hard it is to kill a Medicine Operative. That isn't ideal.

We are still exploring options but it will take a bit of time as we tackle increasing the DPS specs survivability without doing the same for Medicine.

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Medicine
Pull Evasive Imperative from the Medicine tree and replace it with something terrible for increasing survivability in PvP. Pick something that's just a teeny bit useful for PvE as a replacement.

Concealment
Put Evasive Imperative in the Concealment tree. More evasion meshes nicely with Concealment as Shadow Operative Elite is already there for a bit of extra evasion. Replace Revitalizers perhaps?

*Make sure that Evasion properly cleanses uncleansable DOTs as well.

Lethality
Add the same type effect provided by Evasive Imperative [-1.5sec/-3sec cd] but for Shield Probe on to Augmented Shields in the Lethality tree. That gives Lethality Ops a means to reduce the cool down on a defensive ability. Changing Augmented Shields to +25%/50% absorbed wouldn't hurt either.

None of that is a huge increase in DPS spec survivability, but it will help. It will also make Medicine Ops a bit easier to take down. No changes to base Agent skills or traits required.

Note: There's probably better suggestions in other threads. Just spitballing.

Fallenturtle
01.09.2014 , 12:29 AM | #57
I approve of these changes , although it doesn't bring us back to the 1.2 glory, it is a step in the right direction, and actually will make concealment viable in raids.

I do like it that they are looking into trying to give both specs more survivability without buffing medicine (because let's face it, we're hard as stone to kill in medicine) and I can't wait to actually re-learn (lethality since 2.0) concealment. It will be fun
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.

DarthMaulUK
01.09.2014 , 01:11 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
Totally agree. They have the best escape and the largest CC arsenal in the game. its a case of learn to play. Simple as that.

With these changes, it probably now means that a good Scoundrel/Agent will be able to stun lock you and drain your health down to 80% if you're a light armour wearing class.

And who are testing these changes? These things need to be put on the TEST server before being pushed out live. From history, if it makes this class too OP, they will remain so for many many months (LOLSmash anymore?)

DieGhostDie
01.09.2014 , 01:23 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenturtle View Post
I approve of these changes , although it doesn't bring us back to the 1.2 glory, it is a step in the right direction, and actually will make concealment viable in raids.

I do like it that they are looking into trying to give both specs more survivability without buffing medicine (because let's face it, we're hard as stone to kill in medicine) and I can't wait to actually re-learn (lethality since 2.0) concealment. It will be fun
Well, Concealment was actually viable in raids pre-2.6. It's baseless assumptions from random people that still think Concealment is gimped for PvE that time. This parse justifies the proof: http://www.torparse.com/a/539554/tim...078/0/Overview

And yes it is a "L2play" thing, but with this change augmenting their DPS slightly, then I would expect a flood of Operatives to start using the spec more. Heck, even I am glad I rolled some Dread Forged set pieces for my DPS Operative to play Concealment.

...Though, I have the strangest feeling Concealment will probably be a threat to Marauders and Snipers.

I do agree with Morde's assessment, though. What exactly is hard on nerfing Medicine survivalbility by a little to benefit the other two DPS's survivalbility?
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

Transmet
01.09.2014 , 01:58 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by DieGhostDie View Post
Well, Concealment was actually viable in raids pre-2.6. It's baseless assumptions from random people that still think Concealment is gimped for PvE that time. This parse justifies the proof: http://www.torparse.com/a/539554/tim...078/0/Overview

And yes it is a "L2play" thing, but with this change augmenting their DPS slightly, then I would expect a flood of Operatives to start using the spec more. Heck, even I am glad I rolled some Dread Forged set pieces for my DPS Operative to play Concealment.

...Though, I have the strangest feeling Concealment will probably be a threat to Marauders and Snipers.

I do agree with Morde's assessment, though. What exactly is hard on nerfing Medicine survivalbility by a little to benefit the other two DPS's survivalbility?
This parse by Carl isn't 'proof' of anything. It's a stationary target with 100% uptime. Dummy parses aren't intended for proving anything. If that were true, roll-bang snipers would be considered far and away the best class in the game.

Concealment fails on add packs, has no real gap closer for a single target dps spec, and has major energy issues after RNG. This buff will help with some of that, but it was in no way viable in ops prior to this patch.
NOIRE - Concealment Operative

SUOMY - Madness Assassin