The Grand Acquisitions Race

ThaBenMan

So, who has been enjoying the new world event? In addition to the fun tasks given us, I'm also enjoying the new mystery that is presented by the whole thing - what is the Chevin Conglomerate's motive behind gathering all these strange items?

Spoilers about the quest line

So supposedly you choose between giving the items to the Chevin or your faction at the end of the quest, for dark side or light side points respectively. Even though I'm light side, I'm tempted to give the stuff to the Chevin to try and learn why they want them. One of the conversations mentions the arrival of some sort of fleet - maybe the Gree? That would tie this all in with the Terror from Beyond Op coming out soon.

Spoilers about rewards

Bowcasters! One of those will be awesome for my Imperial Agent. A lot of people are complaining about a lack of lightsabers for rewards, but it makes sense not to have them - the Chevin Conglomerate is a shady, underworld organization. They wouldn't be handing out lightsabers. Sadly, I've also heard that Bowdaar, the one actual wookiee character, can't even use a bowcaster :(

So, do you guys like this event from a story standpoint?

The gear is more about cosmetics. First thing I wanted to do was get a bowcaster and replace the mods from my current weapons. I would would have called foul if I could actually get an upgrade to Rakata/Campaign gear from a fun little event like this.