Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

VelvetSanity
01.09.2019 , 03:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Surely that was what the summer of PvP was for all non pvp players. Or the long periods where there was no content at all. Or the current state of the game where subscribers pay for a AAA service but get development mostly focused on the Cartel Market.

I have seen no evidence that by not adding content they have improved the state of the game. So any suggestion they should focus on bugs over content would likely be seen as a means to move the 2 of the 3 remaining devs to Anthem and see how long subscribers would go with the occasional bug fix.
DONT GIVE EA IDEAS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!

They have enough horrible greed-based ideas without your help.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress

AscendingSky
01.09.2019 , 03:54 PM | #22
No. I'm already paying them to fix bugs. It's called a subscription. We have enormous content droughts they could use to fix the hundreds of problems this game has, but instead they put all their devs onto the Anthem team and ignore all the bugs while dripfeeding us tiny bits of content every 6 months or so. Why would I be willing to pay them the same amount of money for them to do even LESS?
#FixStrongholds
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Qouivandes
01.09.2019 , 04:04 PM | #23
Coming to the Cartel Market: Big Bug Fix 1.0 2200CC
*”˜˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜˜”*
•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜.•°*”˜ Ebon Hawk ˜”*°•. ˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

VelvetSanity
01.09.2019 , 04:10 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
Coming to the Cartel Market: Big Bug Fix 1.0 2200CC
Sounds like an April Fool’s Day flash sale...where what you actually get is a killik companion with a tool belt.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress

kodrac
01.09.2019 , 04:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
Sounds like an April Fool’s Day flash sale...where what you actually get is a killik companion with a tool belt.
AND... it's romanceable.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Ardrossan
01.09.2019 , 04:21 PM | #26
Longtime players might appreciate this, but longtime players continue to sub regardless, so their opinion is mostly irrelevant [sorry]. Casuals want content, and in general, they get it, it's just years old in most cases. I also think that some players may say they want this as long as it's a hypothetical, but if BW were to really say that the Spring Roadmap will be bug fixes and no content, most players would mutiny.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Pscyon
01.09.2019 , 04:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
but if BW were to really say that the Spring Roadmap will be bug fixes and no content, most players would mutiny.
We've had years without bug fixes (unless they're CM related, occasionally pvp and operations also get something) and many months without any new kind of content time and again, so while people would be upset being told upfront about another content-free period, they'd probably also appreciate finally seeing bug fixes. I'm not sure it would even out, but it probably wouldn't upset everyone.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

KyaniteD
01.09.2019 , 05:11 PM | #28
Lol, in 2012:

Quote: Originally Posted by kyanited View Post
honestly, by now i'd rather pay for a comprehensive bug fix package than a raised level cap.

Bugs do impact everyday gaming experience, and having them constantly in your face is more annoying or even frustrating than not having new content. (experiencing which will also be affected by old bugs and, most likely, new ones.)
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to
Dulfy / MMO-Fashion TORCommunityMe

Lhancelot
01.09.2019 , 05:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Lol, in 2012:
That’s not surprising, I mean you can even find the same complaints about PVP dating from the first year. Nice dig up though.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

TrixxieTriss
01.09.2019 , 07:42 PM | #30
Yes I would pay for them to bug fix (properly), fix the desync problems in pvp and fix the gearing RNG so we can get the right gear for the right class. They would also need to allow mods and enhancments in the new gear to be gear slot unlocked.
That would keep me paying my subs for another 3 months. Especially the gearing part.