Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow Dantooine to be run outside of the event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Allow Dantooine to be run outside of the event

SteveTheCynic
06.23.2019 , 06:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post
I am a completionist and I want to have the characters ready for Onslaught.
If they finished Jedi Under Siege / Ossus, they are ready for Onslaught. Dantooine is just, in its current form, filler content until *something* more substantial comes along. (And the event certainly has nothing to do with preparations for Onslaught.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Nemmar
06.23.2019 , 02:28 PM | #12
Aha! I knew this would happen when the event went away.

At least peeps might understand that it's an event and not a new progression area.

foxmob
06.23.2019 , 03:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

At least peeps might understand that it's an event and not a new progression area.
ah. that makes sense. I asked in guild what the point of it was. no new gear or ops or anything. just rep and shells/decos. didn't realize it was a Gree-ish thing.
Krack

ThomasStarWars
06.23.2019 , 03:15 PM | #14
I am a completionist and I want to have the characters ready for Onslaught.
You have basically three months... no rush.

Damask_Rose
06.23.2019 , 03:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

It didn't really feel like an event, so I can understand people not thinking of it as one.

TrixxieTriss
06.23.2019 , 10:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
It didn't really feel like an event, so I can understand people not thinking of it as one.
I can understand that too. But I’m glad it is an event and not just another area like section X. This way the area will keep getting used each time there is an event and not go into obscurity as soon as there is a new lvl cap or new content. Which is what I think will happen with Ossus.

Kissakias
06.24.2019 , 02:37 AM | #17
I got over 40 characters and some have a lot more.

With Dantooine being the newest content ti is very frustrating not being able to take a character through it when I want too.
I know it has minimal story but it is something at least and to have to wait when an alt is ready to hit it is ridiculous.
it is an EVENT, NOT connected to GAME STORY, it will get its turn with the rest of other EVENTS, bye !!!!
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--62000-achievement points--

QuinlanSaathis
06.24.2019 , 04:46 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
it is an EVENT, NOT connected to GAME STORY, it will get its turn with the rest of other EVENTS, bye !!!!
While I do not appreciate the tone here I will answer you a lot more civilly than you answered me.

The first conversation on planet can advance (albeit it very slightly) the character story, that being if you are loyal to your faction or a saboteur.
While it was very poorly implemented, it was implemented and for someone like me that likes to complete as much as possible it is necessary to hit this as well.

KoriVash
06.24.2019 , 05:26 AM | #19
Well I found the planet so laggy that after 30 odd mins there I could no longer play. I did try on both my desktop and laptop but just not worth it. That plus for the weekly conquest you had to do 6 heroics some of which you had to group for, as a solo player? well Dantoonie is just one planet never intending to visit again.

There are missions outside of the conquest week on Dantooine if I remember the Dev article on it at around time of release. Not looked to see if they are worth doing. I can see your point OP maybe it could have been more like Oricon, Black Hole, section X. Still BW trying something slightly different is not such a bad thing. As with everything some players will like it, others will not.