Most and least popular Advanced classes at the moment.

Rebamcfan

I was wondering what are most used/popular advanced classes at the moment? And same with least used/popular advanced classes? And what advanced classes kinda fall between the most and least popular advanced classes at the moment?

Thanks in advance :)!

I don't think the most popular classes has changed since BW made an official statement about most popular classes. The most popular to least classes were listed as jedi knight/sith warrior, jedi counselor/sith sorcerer, trooper/merc, and agent/smuggler. At the time the least played advance class was the operative. However, I think this has change. The least advance class I see are snipers/gunslinger. Operatives are good at pve and pvp, but snipers/gunslinger are only good for pve. That is why I think they aren't as popular any more like during the first month or two of swtor.

For PvE, people hate: Marauders, Jugg DPS, Conceal Ops, and Deception Sins. This is due to the sheer stupid within the Boss mechanics, making them so un-friendly to Melee DPS.

For PvP, people hate: Mercs, Snipers, and some hate Maras. This is because these three classes lack the defensive capabilities to stay alive for more than 1 GCD.

but snipers/gunslinger are only good for pve. That is why I think they aren't as popular any more like during the first month or two of swtor.

Ohhhhhh you are definitely wrong there.snipers are still viable even in 4.0

Just because we are not FOTM, to say we are not good for pvp os woefully incorrect.

Commandos seem to be abandoning ship. Dropped by almost 25% in the past few weeks. They're using their lvl 60 tokens to find greener pastures.

That's due to the lack of medical probe (bug) during early access, in which gimped commando healers (specifically commando, not mercenary) in many WZs as well as operations.

What ppl hate Marauders in PVE? :o

3.0 was kinda rough on melee, and Marauders weren't in a great spot.

If parsely's leaderboard means anything, Maras and Sents are back up again. With the older, more melee friendly Ops back in the rotation it may shift back to Maras being desired.

• 2 years later...

most popular faction: empire (61.85%)

most popular operation mode: hard mode (59.23%)

most popular operation size: 8 man (95.08%)

most popular operation: scum and villainy (17.39%)

most popular overall class in PvE: mercenary/commando (21.14%)

most popular dps class in PvE: mercenary/commando (21.44%)

most popular healing class in PvE: sorcerer/sage (36.97%)

most popular tank class in PvE: assassin/shadow (45.54%)

Edited by hihihisup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For PvP, people hate: Mercs, Snipers, and some hate Maras. This is because these three classes lack the defensive capabilities to stay alive for more than 1 GCD.

trollolololol

Edit: Just realized how old this thread was.

Edited by cool-dude

• 2 weeks later...

statistically speaking, most people do story mode - it's just that the vast majority of people who do group finders and other story mode ops do not use star parse

my guess is that 80 percent of ops run are SM, 15 percent are HM, and 5 percent are NIM.

and yes, merc is by far the most popular class at the moment according to the starparse metrics

if we're gonna necro, might as well try to be educational

Edited by Hoppinswtor

• 2 weeks later...
statistically speaking, most people do story mode - it's just that the vast majority of people who do group finders and other story mode ops do not use star parse

my guess is that 80 percent of ops run are SM, 15 percent are HM, and 5 percent are NIM.

and yes, merc is by far the most popular class at the moment according to the starparse metrics

Speaking of necro, where are you getting the stats? Ixparse doesnt look like it's been updated for almost a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what the stats would break down to, but I agree that a lot more people run SM than either HM or NiM. In general the harder the content the less people you have playing. That's true for both PVE and PVP.

The majority of people doing raids are running SM Ops with the people doing NiM the smallest group, and you have more people doing Vet Flashpoints than Master. Similarly in PVP the number of people doing Ranked is always smaller than the number of people doing Regs.

If Starparse ever gave an impression that more people were doing HM Ops than SM, it was definitely because the majority of people doing SM Ops don't use it.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco