Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarova
04.25.2019 , 11:23 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaldron_Fell View Post
I think I killed two mobs (the first two) and then there was only one patroller. I waited until he was far enough away and snuck along the left side wall to the gate, leaving the other two mobs alone.
This was my plan but I clearly suck as I aggroed them. It was when I was dead that I saw the second patroller. The first one walks between the first two groups, the second patroller walks between the two groups nearest the boss fence (he's a Trandoshan) but he does stand still in either group longer than the second patroller so you may not have noticed him.

I agree with you on the H2 being harder and more frustrating than the H4s.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaldron_Fell View Post

If you cheese the boss fight and just face tank him it's pretty easy. You can make it much harder on yourself if you try to LoS one of his attack which then hits the generator though.
Good tip. Based on your feedback, I may give soloing this H4 a go instead of paying the 15 million credits for the easy win option.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

tuulem
04.25.2019 , 01:01 PM | #42
Not going to rehash all of the feedback on the actual dailies themselves, it's all been covered by people before me. A few other things I've noted that haven't been brought up yet:

Empire - Opening the Skies
The access cards still drop even after the turret has been sliced, although the turret control console no longer glows.

Empire - Explosive Assurances
The green arrows didn't seem like a good idea to me, so I dragged my eldest child to the screen to look at them. He has a Deuteronomy, meaning he's red/green colourblind, and he found it quite hard to spot the green arrows unless he was really close to them. As for the ones far away, or if the camera was swung around so the arrow was against the sky, he said "Forget it, too hard to see." It might be better if the markers were changed to something like the ones on Ossus; yellow with the upwards beam.

I did solo all three of the heroic missions out of necessity, there was no one else online at 9am Tuesday morning UK time. The trash is Brutal. Capital B Brutal. Would be nice if it was thinned out a bit for all three. I did them on a dps merc and a scoundrel healer, both in 248 gear since I'd not bothered to copy over up-to-date toons and both had lvl 50 comps.

H2 - Shiny New Toy
Once I worked out the walker did 'Shock and Awe', pause, 'Shock and Awe', 'Activating Aegis System', when not interrupted, it was a fairly simple fight. Having said that, the cooldown of the missile could do with being lowered to 20s (it's currently 30s). The kolto stations are a nice touch, it's just a shame that if they don't immediately despawn as soon as you aggro the walker, they never respawn after they are used.

H4 - Beware of Hugo
On a non-stealther, it's actually a lot faster and much less annoying just to kill the first two mobs you see, then run like crazy towards the gate, die, and rez next to the gate, bypassing all the trash. On my merc I just face-tanked Hugo while my comp was set to heals. On the scoundrel, I set my comp to tank. Had no issues at all, just took a little time on my scoundrel. Hostages can be healed up, but it's not really needed as Hugo can be moved away from them.

H4 - Reactor Ransom
More brutal trash that was murdered by my merc and stealthed through by my scoundrel. Boss himself is pretty easy if you eat the casts and use kolto. I did LoS him to see what would happen and half of the reactors blew up, but they seemed to self-repair after a while which made getting the achievement to kill him without repairing the reactors nigh on impossible to get unless you manage somehow to kill him right after he does the cast of doom (can't remember what it's called).

Pirate Incursion Conquest (I have no SH/guild bonus on PTR)

Is the choice of invading 6 planets going the be the new norm or just for this particular conquest? Excluding Galactic, which happens along side any others, this throws up five planetary rampages. Five? I was half expecting to see a new achievement for completing them all in one day on the same toon: 'Snap! - Solely responsible for the eradication of half the galaxy.'
The choice of planets also seems a bit odd and not really in keeping with the pirate theme. I would have expected Rishi and Hoth to be there, but instead we have Ziost and Ossus? But at least you've removed the Ziost rampage.

Dantooine Reputation - 1500 points
01-Use Nova Blades' Contraband
05-Use Nova Blades' ID Tags
03-Use Nova Blades' Tools

It's a nice idea, but it will be rendered obsolete as soon as people max out their reputation.

Black Hole: Raiding the Republic/Empire
Destroy 15 Empire/Republic defenses
I thought these were removed due to hardly anyone actually doing them.

Dantooine dailies & heroics, Balmorra and Taris heroics are currently flagged as indefinatly repeatable at 400 cq points each, where as the Ziost missions are flagged as once per day, per legacy.

Solarmind
04.26.2019 , 05:16 AM | #43
Empire/70

There is no way you can solo Heroics. It's kind of OK for H4 but not for H2 ?

And the main point is rewards ! If those half-destroyed stone fences and local baobab trees are everything the reputation vendor can offer, then why bother ?

Estelindis
04.26.2019 , 10:56 AM | #44
I appreciate that the event is not exclusive to characters who have completed any particular story content, and thus not especially focused on the Iokath and Ossus choices, but at the same time I wish it was possible for defectors to aid their new faction in these missions rather than their original one.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

casirabit
04.26.2019 , 12:53 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I appreciate that the event is not exclusive to characters who have completed any particular story content, and thus not especially focused on the Iokath and Ossus choices, but at the same time I wish it was possible for defectors to aid their new faction in these missions rather than their original one.
This. This is one reason my defectors will not do Ossus.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

kukumburr
04.26.2019 , 01:52 PM | #46
There was one mission I noticed on the Imperial side that does change depending on whether or not you're loyalist/saboteur. The one where you burn the farms and stuff, the last part you either spread the blight if you're loyal or destroy the blight if you're saboteur. And you just don't do the last part at all if you haven't picked a side yet. But that was the only one I noticed. And it's not even really helping them, just hurting them less. Maybe there's an intro mission that sets it up better though I don't know, I wish there was more to it as well.

Estelindis
04.26.2019 , 04:00 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
This. This is one reason my defectors will not do Ossus.
I have long practice with playing my defector as a true defector. She's an agent loyal to the SIS since her class story, when I would have her stealth past as many Republic combatants as the game would allow. She plays the Ossus dailies, but limits herself to the missions where she fights mutated geonosians and droids. By doing so, she helps the Republic in a way (the geonosians being tools of Malora), while seeming to help the Empire (since these are forces indiscriminately hostile to Republic and Empire). It's possible to do the weekly this way if one just does the appropriate missions on different days.

Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
There was one mission I noticed on the Imperial side that does change depending on whether or not you're loyalist/saboteur. The one where you burn the farms and stuff, the last part you either spread the blight if you're loyal or destroy the blight if you're saboteur. And you just don't do the last part at all if you haven't picked a side yet. But that was the only one I noticed. And it's not even really helping them, just hurting them less. Maybe there's an intro mission that sets it up better though I don't know, I wish there was more to it as well.
Thanks very much, I didn't realise this because my defector was actively avoiding any anti-Republic missions. But still, yeah, it's not really helping the Republic, is it?

I don't have any Republic defectors to the Empire, but I wonder if the Republic mission where you fight a disloyal trooper would have you help him instead, if you're secretly working for the Empire...

In any case, I hope Bioware will add more defector options.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

kukumburr
04.26.2019 , 04:38 PM | #48
I don't have any Republic defectors to the Empire, but I wonder if the Republic mission where you fight a disloyal trooper would have you help him instead, if you're secretly working for the Empire...
I just went and checked with my Republic defector and you're right, you warn the traitor and he gets away instead of having to kill him.

Edit: You also turn in the medical supplies from the wreckage mission into an Imperial drop box instead of Republic.

sfluhr
04.26.2019 , 11:38 PM | #49
Faction: Republic
Level: 70

The conversation wheel for "Pirates, Again" when you click the Turret Control Terminal has no text.

As noted earlier, there are no explosives to disarm for "Dantooinian Restabilization" and the house with the Quartermaster in it for "An Enemy Among Friends" really needs to be instanced or this mission will be an enormous pain to complete. His current respawn time (I timed how long it took for him to respawn after killing him) is around four and a half minutes, which is crazy. It's a much longer time than the open world named targets on Ossus, and those themselves can be frustrating.

The target size for the northeast ship on "Broadside Barrage" seems to have a harder to hit target box than the others. It would also be nice to have more potential targets on the map than required by the mission. I was the only person on Dantooine when testing this; I have no idea how the mechanic works when multiple players are trying to blow up the same targets.

It would be nice for the cheevos for the Dantooine lore items to be named to know which one is missing, and perhaps for the lore to be indexed under the Dantooine planet entry, as is the case with other planets. I came across all but two of the lore items while playing. (I suppose the other two might be impside or inside the heroic areas where I didn't go).

In terms of the Dantooine Cipher, should there be things to read along with that?

LD_Little_Dragon
04.27.2019 , 05:56 PM | #50
Tested the bolster with a level 43-46 sage (15 influence companion), and a level 56-58 assassin (50 influence companion).

All dailes, with the exception of the pubside 'Pirates: again' were easily completed.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.