Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yahoo Breach - Should change PW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Yahoo Breach - Should change PW

Theeko
12.15.2016 , 07:21 PM | #1
Just incase anyone didn't know about this

http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoo...counts-2016-12

Should probably change your PW asap

Aeristash
12.15.2016 , 08:14 PM | #2
Probably should but I'm not worried. Someone stealing my phone number off my account poses no threat. What I'm more surprised at is they say people lost SSN. I don't remember any aspect of their services where that was asked for, but that really shouldn't be something you give to an email service anyway.

Vyerix
12.15.2016 , 08:50 PM | #3
One step better. Flat out cancelled it.

Hebruixe
12.15.2016 , 08:57 PM | #4
Considering this happened in 2013, I'm not too worried about it.
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

Theeko
12.15.2016 , 09:10 PM | #5
Yeah but even then just since yesterday they had the change your PW popup which is odd, I've checked my mail for 2 years every week mostly and never had that popup even a couple days ago never got it

Guessing they believe either same people or different ones got ahold of newer accounts it seems

Yomitako
12.15.2016 , 09:13 PM | #6
I haven't had a yahoo e-mail address since the mid 90's. Man...that's a long time ago...

Smuglebunny
12.15.2016 , 09:13 PM | #7
Let me jump in my time machine and change that password from 3 years ago..

SFDebris
12.15.2016 , 09:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Yomitako View Post
I haven't had a yahoo e-mail address since the mid 90's. Man...that's a long time ago...
Are you crazy? That's my homepage in my Netscape Navigator, so I can stay up to date on what's happening on Seinfeld.

"Arthur watched it go, as stunned as a man might be who, having believed himself to be totally blind for five years, suddenly discovers that he had merely been wearing too large a hat."

Referral Link: Not Free Candy

Yomitako
12.15.2016 , 09:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SFDebris View Post
Are you crazy? That's my homepage in my Netscape Navigator, so I can stay up to date on what's happening on Seinfeld.
I hope your homepage is either Lycos or AltaVista....

Andryah
12.15.2016 , 10:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
Just incase anyone didn't know about this

http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoo...counts-2016-12

Should probably change your PW asap
The breach being referred to was in summer of 2013. They are just now coming public about it. They also had a large one in 2014 which they disclosed earlier in the year.

In other words.... worrying about your password 3 years after the fact is ineffective... and they did force all users to redo their passwords back in 2015... probably as a result of this. They also give me a popup every couple weeks trying to get me to stop using native Apple mail App and switch to their Yahoo App.. for "security reasons". Yeah.. like I'm going to trust a yahoo app after all of this.

The broader picture here is... Verizon would be fools to pay to acquire yahoo considering how terribad their security practices are.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.