Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rogue One thoughts after seeing the movie?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Rogue One thoughts after seeing the movie?

ErradanValinor
12.15.2016 , 03:58 AM | #1
Just a nice little discussion thread for Rogue One once people start seeing it. I wanna hear how people liked it. Obviously, please be courteous and don't post spoilers.

I, myself just got finished seeing it. Absolutely loved it!!! Lots of little easter eggs that play into the Original Trilogy. Be on the lookout for them. The story itself is pretty great, but it does have some down points. I agree with one review, which said the film has a lot of locations. The film showcases a couple of new planets and constantly switches between them kinda killing any momentum a scene has going to tell us something else. Also, I feel like save for Jyn and Cassian, the rest of the members of Rogue One don't get a lot of character development. Other than that, fabulous movie and one of the better entries in the Star Wars Saga. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10.

gabigool
12.15.2016 , 09:45 AM | #2
I'm going tomorrow at 10:00am.

I'm bringing my (almost) 10 year-old son. He loved the original trilogy and TFA. I mean, loved them.

But he really struggled with the prequels, in that they didn't really hold his interest.

I'm curious how you suspect RO will resonate with kids.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we havenít yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team canít wait to announce it.

ErradanValinor
12.15.2016 , 09:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post

I'm bringing my (almost) 10 year-old son. He loved the original trilogy and TFA. I mean, loved them.

But he really struggled with the prequels, in that they didn't really hold his interest.

It's really hard to say how he'd like it. There are some good action set pieces, especially the final act. Those might keep his attention better than the prequels did. The tone of the film is darker than what we've seen from RoTS or TFA. I found myself saying "oh *insert excrement*" a few times because I knew something was gonna happen during a scene, and when it did, the execution of the scene was surprising. In a good or shocking way.

NCVens
12.15.2016 , 10:06 AM | #4
Watched it yesterday evening. Loved it! Went with friends who were not impressed by the force awakens and they both said that this was the star wars movie they were waiting for.

Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post

It's not a kid movie. It's more darker than any Star Wars movie so far, more of a war movie. I have no kids myself, so i have no clue at what age this would be an appropriate film to watch, but it's quite heavy at times.
The Vell'sean Legacy, The Progenitor
<The Knights who say Ni>: Naeris, Elkan, T'laya, Ludrasco, Elhani-ko
<The Knights who slay Ni>: Rayso, Jaguan, Txor'hall, Lyani, Quirion
Referal link for free stuff

SithKoriandr
12.16.2016 , 02:41 AM | #5
Enjoyed it. Loved the very last scene. The audience cheered at the movie, which is always a good sign.

Going in, you kinda know what's going to happen, but it's an enjoyable ride as they do!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Vinak
12.16.2016 , 04:12 AM | #6
Much better than Force Awakens thats for sure.

Still some silly/cringe worthy parts though.
>████TootsieRollģ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

gabigool
12.16.2016 , 03:59 PM | #7
Update - my son actually loved it. As did I.

I was a bit worried he wouldn't be able to keep some of the characters straight - given how often they were talked about when not on screen early in the movie - but he sorted it out.

Jumped the shark a bit towards the end but all in all I had a blast watching it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we havenít yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team canít wait to announce it.

Pirana
12.16.2016 , 04:59 PM | #8
Thought it was very good. Will certainly satisfy the die hard Star Wars fans. Ties up some loose ends going back to the original.

Make sure you watch the last thirty minutes of the movie though, one of the best, if not the best scene in the entire movie franchise.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Jeweledleah
12.16.2016 , 07:44 PM | #9
loved it. act 3 literally kept me on the edge of my seat.

one of the ongoing thoughts, while watching was: "I have GOT to catch up on clone wars and Rebels, I'm definitely missing a lot of references there"

Hichitsuki-hime
12.17.2016 , 05:18 AM | #10
just came back from watching it =) made a VERY good impression. the movie fit right into the slot that it was supposed to take if that makes sense. a little sad that the entire rogue-1 crew died, but well, i guess deep down it was expected. but this one was definitely much better than episode 7. K2 was an awesome droid lol, wish our ship droid had a personality like that hehe
The Red Eclipse: Ka'nata (madness sorc) <Indefinite>;
Ebon Hawk: Sa'yana <Army of Light>
5/5 NiM TFB; 7/7 NiM S&V; 5/5 NiM DF; 3/5 NIM DP; 5/5 HM RAV; 5/5 HM ToS
#Fix SAGE DPS # R.I.P. SAGE HEALS