Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Other game suggestions

Paulsutherland
12.10.2016 , 07:46 AM | #21
I've been playing War Thunder and just recently decided to go through the Half Life series again.

DrewFromPhilly
12.10.2016 , 04:53 PM | #22
Going into ESO you should know that after you level your character to 50, you then need to earn nearly 600 champion points to be on par with other players. The points can be allocated into different stat boosts and buffs in the same way you can spend skill points in skyrim with the different constellations - but the difference between zero points and cap is ridiculous, especially in pvp.

I got bored with the game and stopped playing around 300 cp, and i met ppl who refused to play pvp at cap and instead kept making alts to stay in the lowbie pvp campaign where cp is disabled.

Aside from the cp, the game is just incredibly grindy. Everything requires a grind. My fighter's guild rank was lvl 8 and a half after completing the FG questline and the ability i wanted required rank 10 to unlock, and I spent 10 hours grinding the one type of mob in the game that will increase FG rank (only those mobs will do it) enough, and then I still had to unlock the version of the ability I wanted, and then raise that new ability to the highest rank.

Basically, **** ESO. I was playing on xbox one where communication was limited to short range voice chat most of the time, so finding a guild was rough and even then a lot of players dont even use headsets. Maybe on pc with a better guild/communication it would make the grinding more bearable, but i dunno.

If you want to check it out first, I'd recommend watching Fengrush or SypherPK on twitch.
Unsubscribed (Founder, Jan 2012 - Jan 2017) and uninstalled

JennyFlynn
12.10.2016 , 05:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post

I tried warcraft, but the animation was never really appealing. Unless it's something that grows on you.
From personal experience I can say that for me, it grew on me over time. I don't even notice it anymore bar for a few hours or a day, after returning to WoW when I've been playing something else.

I've also played Rift in the past which does have some plus sides and things I wouldn't mind seeing implemented in SWTOR but story wise in my opinion it's rather bleak. It has somewhat of a lore aspect but nothing that every really appealed to me too much. I enjoy the combat and classes though and like I said, they do have some nifty futures. Dyes for example are account unlockable so once you obtain a certain color/tint, you'll never have to buy it again. Server transfers are, last I checked, free and I love their costume system as well. Just a few perks that speak to me personally anyhows.

Other than that I don't have much experience with other MMO's. Warcraft, Rift and SWTOR are the ones I've played most.. did ESO beta but couldn't really get into it somehow. Not tried Skyrim or any of the others mentioned.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Jeweledleah
12.10.2016 , 06:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Going into ESO you should know that after you level your character to 50, you then need to earn nearly 600 champion points to be on par with other players. The points can be allocated into different stat boosts and buffs in the same way you can spend skill points in skyrim with the different constellations - but the difference between zero points and cap is ridiculous, especially in pvp.

I got bored with the game and stopped playing around 300 cp, and i met ppl who refused to play pvp at cap and instead kept making alts to stay in the lowbie pvp campaign where cp is disabled.

Aside from the cp, the game is just incredibly grindy. Everything requires a grind. My fighter's guild rank was lvl 8 and a half after completing the FG questline and the ability i wanted required rank 10 to unlock, and I spent 10 hours grinding the one type of mob in the game that will increase FG rank (only those mobs will do it) enough, and then I still had to unlock the version of the ability I wanted, and then raise that new ability to the highest rank.

Basically, **** ESO. I was playing on xbox one where communication was limited to short range voice chat most of the time, so finding a guild was rough and even then a lot of players dont even use headsets. Maybe on pc with a better guild/communication it would make the grinding more bearable, but i dunno.

If you want to check it out first, I'd recommend watching Fengrush or SypherPK on twitch.
maybe becasue I'm playing casually and don't really pvp? but I literally don't feel compelled to force champion point gain, especially above 160. yes, those passives are pretty great, but nothing I've done so far, and that includes trials made it impossible for me to play at lower champ levels. I also found that most things just level on their own while I'm playing normally. the only time I did anything that could be considered grinding was during the halloween event when I was trying to collect all the hollowjack rewards.

maybe its the difference between PC and xbox communities.. I don't know. I play on PC. though.. 2 out of 3 of my guilds and the ones I actualy found on my own, was through official forums https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...s/en-pc-mac-na (there is an xbox version as well, seems to be pretty active from a glance) third one is a trading guild that I got random whisper to join and figured, oh what the heck. have yet to regret it so far.

ESO does require a lot of patience and time investment. the difference that I'm seeing between ESO today and SWTOR today is that I feel far more rewarded for just about anything I do in ESO, while in SWTOR I feel discouraged because my progress right now is actualy far FAR slower than it is in ESO.

SithKoriandr
12.10.2016 , 06:45 PM | #25
Final Fantasy XIV has nice art style, you can be all classes on one character (one of my favorite aspects of the game). Yes, you have to level them all up individually, so it'd be like Inquisitor and Warrior on one character, but if you get to level 14 on Warrior, that doesn't mean Inquisitor is level 14. Only reason I quit it, was because I got tired of soloing in it. Just never found the right guild I guess. However, it's very solo friendly too, they have a good system going that gets others to PuG.

WildStar. Loved the art style, loved the game play, even loved the story, at the time I quit it, it was very much a full time raiders game, and again, couldn't find a guild I liked and nice outfits locked behind the content. It's gone F2P now and may have changed on some of that.

Tera. Another game I love the art style on and the game play I could solo it just fine, but again, like to find a good guild to interact with people and all I joined would end up dying :/

Blade & Soul. Only reason I quit this one was, my guild died and couldn't find a good replacement one. Art style is love and the combat is great You will have to PvP in this one at some point.

WoW. Who doesn't know about WoW? Personally, for me, it's boring solo and I never got a friend to duo it with me. To bad too, I like the art style. Gameplay I didn't think was all that great, but I don't really understand the hate people have for it sometimes

Star Trek Online. I hear good things on this one, but I've never played it. Never will, untill they give me the option to make a human with cat ears (cat tail would be nice too). However, when that does become an option, I'm so going to try it out!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Jeweledleah
12.10.2016 , 08:11 PM | #26
oh. wildstar! I can't beleive I forgot Wildstar as sc-fi mmo suggestions go :P

probably cause I uninstalled it over a month ago, pretty much done with it. has damn good housing system if you are willing to invest a lot of time and money into getting anything beyond basic decorations.

mfourcustom
12.10.2016 , 10:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh. wildstar! I can't beleive I forgot Wildstar as sc-fi mmo suggestions go :P

probably cause I uninstalled it over a month ago, pretty much done with it. has damn good housing system if you are willing to invest a lot of time and money into getting anything beyond basic decorations.
Wild star hurts me inside a little really wanted that game to be great and wanted it not to flop lol shame everything flops but gosh darn wow.

Oh well I'll just be here holding my breath for the fallout mmo
For the boys!

Jeweledleah
12.11.2016 , 12:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mfourcustom View Post
Wild star hurts me inside a little really wanted that game to be great and wanted it not to flop lol shame everything flops but gosh darn wow.

Oh well I'll just be here holding my breath for the fallout mmo
same. when they put out that announcement trailer - the original one "no one... touch.. anything..." I was so excited. I must have watched that video at least a dozen times, probably more. and then the game itself came out and I don't know...

also there was a falloutlike mmo out there, Fallen Earth. tried it. meh. there's also this ? http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/ no idea if its any good, I just found it on google.

SerraShar
12.12.2016 , 03:12 AM | #29
For PVP players , anyone tried this one ? : http://firstassault.nexon.net/en/landing

I know it's a ''Ghost'' of where it come from..but it's alive on Steam at least . Too bad it's PVP centered I think , cose if there was a story mode..I would've given it a try .

I personally keeping an eye on this one . For now it's very Limited since it's early access .

Link: https://pgenom.com/home/
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

mfourcustom
12.12.2016 , 03:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
same. when they put out that announcement trailer - the original one "no one... touch.. anything..." I was so excited. I must have watched that video at least a dozen times, probably more. and then the game itself came out and I don't know...

also there was a falloutlike mmo out there, Fallen Earth. tried it. meh. there's also this ? http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/ no idea if its any good, I just found it on google.
Ah yes FONLINE I've looked in to this before seemed okish but its reminiscent of the old fallouts top down turn based sorta which the old fallouts were great but its hard for me to go back to playing a game that looks like that lol

fallout online (the mmo that almost happened) is one of the biggest heart breaks to me god knows why stupid law suits and **** have to get in the way...

god willing bethesda makes it happen.
For the boys!