Has anyone been ganked yet?

Blacktailstalker

i do not play on pvp servers because of it. Aion forced me to pvp, loved the game hated the pvp since people would be wimps about it and wait till i'm low health and the monster is close to dead, then they strike me, I die, the monster then is attacked and they get the loot. ah well it was part of that game. i am on a pve server again like eq and other games i play because i prefer the story and rp side more.

my friends who love pvp are getting ganked and are ganking

Darth Freki

I've been to 50 on one character and working on another atm on a RP-PvP server, and I play Empire. I haven't been ganked once yet. I have hardly seen any republics on any planet. I've seen maybe 4 the whole time I've been leveling, and each of those I killed.

Okay cause I love to play on a PvP server and eventually when the community learns good pvp builds for my jedi I will be pvp'ing alot.

But for now, I would like to know how to check if your in a pvp zone and flagged for pvp, cause I just bought the game and kind of searching for that info (besides illum)?

Edited by Blacktailstalker

Yeah, I got ganked while talking to an NPC by two members of the opposing faction. However, I found one of them later on solo and I killed him three times until he asked for a truce.

That's why I play RP-PVP.

you can get killed during interactions? thought u were in some sort of 'statis' mode?

Okay cause I love to play on a PvP server and eventually when the community learns good pvp builds for my jedi I will be pvp'ing alot.

But for now, I would like to know how to check if your in a pvp zone and flagged for pvp, cause I just bought the game and kind of searching for that info (besides illum)?

What you see is something like:

Zone Name.

Contested zone.

You're entering PvP Area.

More or less.

You can see it in every single quest zone post Nar Shaddaa, so around level 25. Balmorra, Alderaan, then Hoth and so on.

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Yep. 3 people tried to gank me in voss at different times,

someone 4 levels higher than me, i didn't try to fight back until the second time where i ran until i realized i wasn't getting away and force leapt him and got him to 5% when i initiated at 50%. guild mate was close by so we just taught him a lesson.

Second time someone kept trying me even though i just wanted to keep questing. he came at me 4 times and i killed, maybe slaughtered is a better word, him all 4 times.

and a third time it was just someone ganking me, failing, then leaving me alone.

Someone was griefing a guildmate when they were 7 levels higher than him, so me and another 50 decided it was time to return the favor for an hour or so since we were bored of warzone farming

I've been to 50 on one character and working on another atm on a RP-PvP server, and I play Empire. I haven't been ganked once yet. I have hardly seen any republics on any planet. I've seen maybe 4 the whole time I've been leveling, and each of those I killed.

Generally, the Republic players aren't the ones who gank. I've found that the vast majority are on the Imperial side, which can tell you the overall maturity of the players. Killing someone and moving on is fine. But mostly the Imps camp your corpse repeatedly until they are bored or driven off.

My first gank was turning in a quest in Tatooine by a level 50 Jedi Knight.

I was surprised and happy. Happy because I was level 28 and this was the first time I had seen a Republic player in the open world. Surprised because it was in the middle of a quest hub full of guards and none of them flinched.

The QQ in general chat was hilarious.

i've been ganked on my bounty hunter a few times by some republic scums (they always come in groups when i'm solo! :/).

aside from the group gankings, i did have an epic battle with a 45 Trooper (i was 43 and heal specc'd). he tried ganking me and we fought for a good 3 minutes or so until my Jawa companion finally finished him off. Most fun i've had in world pvp in a long time.

i love my Jawa

Closest to being ganked was when I was exploring Alderaan and wandered into an Imperial questing area. Was quickly jumped by 4 questers plus their companions. Not ganking, but this was the first(only) time I saw an Imperial in the open world

Generally, the Republic players aren't the ones who gank. I've found that the vast majority are on the Imperial side, which can tell you the overall maturity of the players. Killing someone and moving on is fine. But mostly the Imps camp your corpse repeatedly until they are bored or driven off.

If someone is camping you, you really should just release to medical center instead of rezzing back in that spot. I don't camp, I kill and move on, but if someone is not smart enough to know someone else might be the type to camp, they deserve the camping for not releasing to medical center.