Is focused insight working?

Archaegeo

Am curious if Focused Insight works with TK.

TK is a channeled dot. During beta I heard loads of rumors about what affects and what does not affect TK. IF FI does not work with TK, which is our only DoT effect with high crit chance (10% from talent), and spammable which would mean you can get a somehow reliable healing through it, then I don't see this talent useful.

TK is a channeled dot.

I have heard this claim before, but it's completely unfounded, other than having a ticking mechanic, Telekinetic Throw has absolutely nothing in common with dots and as such doesn't proc dot based talents.

That was the only reason I took it due to the crit+ on TK and the fact that if I could get a trickle heal while spamming it, all the better.

So yeah, it seems then that at lower levels (im 29 now) FI is worthless if it only procs off a crit WM or MC, as those are reliable enough at levels when every point matters.

I have heard this claim before, but it's completely unfounded, other than having a ticking mechanic, Telekinetic Throw has absolutely nothing in common with dots and as such doesn't proc dot based talents.

Would you be kind to backup that / link to some Dev post supporting your claims? It acts as a channeled dot, each tick can crit independent, so it should be affected by talents affecting other dots. Thank you!

Exactly, I've yet to see anyone prove it works. As far as I've seen with regards to TOR there is a distinction between Direct Dmg abilities and Periodic abilities. One of the only exceptions to this is Mind Crush which happens to be BOTH since it deals initial direct dmg followed by a small dot. As far as I'm concerned TKthrow is a direct dmg channeled ability, just like Unload, XS Frieghter Flyby, or Full Auto.

The other thing people have to remember is, think about how overpowered Balance would be in PvP if this talent applied to TKthrow. Balance would literally have a single ability that not only does their highest sustained DPS, slows their target by 50% and is spammable, but also triggers instant casts, refunds force its own force cost and then some, and finally HEALS them on crit. In fact, they would only have 1 ability in their entire rotation which wasn't capable of healing them in some form (project).

Edited by Khadroth