Crushing Darkness / Lingering Nightmares Talent Bugged?

Sotomatic

I recently hit lvl 31 and I respecced to 2 points in Lingering Nightmares however the tooltip is showing the same damage. Before I was doing 620 over 6 secs and now its showing the 620 but over 8 seconds. I'm guessing its suppose to do the extra 103 per/sec but isnt reflected in the tooltip. Can anyone verify? Edited by Sotomatic

I recently hit lvl 31 and I respecced to 2 points in devour however the tooltip is showing the same damage. Before I was doing 620 over 6 secs and now its showing the 620 but over 8 seconds. I'm guessing its suppose to do the extra 103 per/sec but isnt reflected in the tooltip. Can anyone verify?

I'm not in game right now, but Devour supposedly increases the amount Parasitism and Death Field heal you rather than improving their damage, according to Torhead.

I'll double check it when I get ingame.

Edit: You must actually be talking about Lingering Nightmares. The only way to actually know if it adds ticks without impairing its dps is to observe the damage per tick and count the ticks before and after taking the points in that talent, probably in a duel or something so it's a completely controlled environment.

If Lingering Nightmares only divides the same amount of damage across more ticks, then it's not a DPS increase and should be passed over, as bare minimum you're going to break even and Crushing Darkness' duration isn't anywhere near its cooldown, so it'd be a waste of points all things considered.

This really needs to be tested.

Edited by Onager

Yeah I had the same question. I checked it out and it doesn't do more damage. It does the same over more time. I think the point of it was to do mor damage and it would if Crushing Darkness did damage per second instead of x damage over so much time.

Yeah I had the same question. I checked it out and it doesn't do more damage. It does the same over more time. I think the point of it was to do mor damage and it would if Crushing Darkness did damage per second instead of x damage over so much time.

If the ticks each do as much damage before and after, it does do more damage technically, 33% more to be exact, by adding two more ticks. It also increases its uptime, but that's not that big of a deal since you'll still be casting it on cooldown.

If the ticks each do as much damage before and after, it does do more damage technically, 33% more to be exact, by adding two more ticks. It also increases its uptime, but that's not that big of a deal since you'll still be casting it on cooldown.

I counted the damage of each tick and it adds up to be the same damage as before. So it does the same damage.

Ok here what I did. I respcced to everything I had before MINUS the 2 points in Lingering Nightmares. I cast Crushing darkness on a "boss" and watch the text for each tick which was 92 dmg 6 times. After it wore off I added the 2 points to Lingering Nightmare and recast on the same "Boss" and again watched each tick do 92 damage 8 times. So it IS working correctly despite the tool tip incorrectly showing the total damage.

Ok here what I did. I respcced to everything I had before MINUS the 2 points in Lingering Nightmares. I cast Crushing darkness on a "boss" and watch the text for each tick which was 92 dmg 6 times. After it wore off I added the 2 points to Lingering Nightmare and recast on the same "Boss" and again watched each tick do 92 damage 8 times. So it IS working correctly despite the tool tip incorrectly showing the total damage.

So your saying that even though your ability text didn't change for how much damage it does you are doing more damage? Your ticks add up to be more than the ability shows is what you are saying? Because mine isn't. My ticks are adding up to be the number that is on the ability which is the same amount of damage as before.

And to check again if you would like a specific number. 7 ticks of 81 damage (because I only have 1 talent in Lingering Nightmares) comes to 567. Which is actually below the amount of total damage that the ability says that it will do(594).

Ignore the tool tip, its completely wrong. When I talented into it the tooltip actually went down for the total DoT. Use Crushing darkness untalented on a target and tell how much damage each tick does, ignoring any that crit. Then put the 2 points into the talent and cast again on the same target and check how much each tick does again, ignoring crits. Edited by Sotomatic

And to check again if you would like a specific number. 7 ticks of 81 damage (because I only have 1 talent in Lingering Nightmares) comes to 567. Which is actually below the amount of total damage that the ability says that it will do(594).

That's called resists :) No skill does the exact damage on the tooltip because of the variety of innate armor and resistances the target may have.