Heal set: Aggressive Treatmet vs. Tactician

BanPearson

I tried the aggressive treatment set (heal with bushwhack). Still very sceptical if it's worth as much as the awesome things from Tactician set, but ...

• PRO: does same healing as damage (~ 12k)
  • costs upper hand, no energy
  • PRO: instant, 1 GCD
  • CON: healing per tick same as kolto waves, but only 3 instead of 4 ticks.
  • CON: higher CD than kolto waves
  • rather comparable to Kolto Cloud: Same CD, same healing, both instant; Bushwhack: more targets; Kolto Cloud: Buffs from Discipline Path

I suspect it's a win for AOE heal for something like 4+ targets, and a significant loss for single-target heal (e. g. minus the ~15 % HPS that Tactician provides).

I had only one semi-challenging fight with it so far (bonus boss Legacy of the Rakata without hiding). Bushwhack did 9.2 % there; however the AOE-healing phases are short and bursty in that fight.

During the 3x15s burst phases, Bushwhack did 10 - 15 % of the HPS (Kolto Waves 10 - 25 %, Kolto Cloud 20 - 30 %, rest pre-cast slow-release & other single heals).

So that does help in that specific situation, one extra area heal, great. But considering that the tactician set increases all HPS by something like 15 % all the time, I still have my doubts about the Bushwhack-heal.

Call me crazy, but: It might be viable for Ruffian. Using Bushwhack almost on CD (when buff from either Sanguniary Shot or Point Blank Shot is up) doesn't decrease single-target DPS significantly, but would provide good team heals. Ruffian would go from already best off-healer to OP off-healer, possibly even in ranked? In that sense, it shares the benefit of Tactician set that it works for all specs.

Call me crazy, but: It might be viable for Ruffian. Using Bushwhack almost on CD (when buff from either Sanguniary Shot or Point Blank Shot is up) doesn't decrease single-target DPS significantly, but would provide good team heals. Ruffian would go from already best off-healer to OP off-healer, possibly even in ranked? In that sense, it shares the benefit of Tactician set that it works for all specs.

Interesting idea. I might have to try it once I finally complete my set.

It is one of those weird sets that honestly is in the middle of useful and just aweful.

It is ment to be a healing set and i have seen it do some pretty sweet heals around 20-30k a tick in bis stats so it's not the worst but at the same time is it worth losing the extra TA and flat % bonuses from the tact set honestly no.

Even on a ruffen i just don't see the set being better then Tactician in any way shape or form it just isn't good enough to make up for the extra damage and healing that Tactician gives.

is it worth losing the extra TA and flat % bonuses from the tact set honestly no

Sadly, you might be right. Would have nothing to complain if it were the only set, but Tactician might just be too powerful to not use.

Does it beat Tactician at least in a 6+ target situation? Maybe.

Hmm maybe it might be worth it then but even then i don't see it really being that much better since if you were going to be healing that meny people then more then likely you would take the tactical that gives the 20% bonus to kolto waves and with that bonus on top of the tactician set thats 35% extra healing since you need to use a TA to get the bonus from kolto waves so that is a big big boost to it.

Honestly they would need to boost the amount healed from Aggressive Treatment to really make beat Tactician or just flat remove the healing boost from it for it to really be worth taking unless it's your first set and even then you can get the pieces from conquest so you can get the set quite fast. The only time i can see it being used is if you constintly need to heal groups all the time and i mean all the time so you just spam kolto probes and throw down gas and kolto waves which would chew through your energy quick so mercs would be better for that because of kolto missile basicly doing that already and it doesn't take a TA to use on top of that they have kolto shell which does a decent heal and has charges so they don't have to manage it as much as our probes.