Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

War Hero Striker's MK-1 Motivator x2.

Get your surge to at least 75% then just go full power from there. Your power is WAYYY too low and your crit is FARRR too high for infil. My crit is 19% as Infil/KC and my power is at 842 (L o L ! ! I know, I know.)

You also need more accuracy. At least 5% more.

Just work on getting your WH gear. BM is now outdated.

Wait, you're shooting for 105% accuracy? I thought I had seen you agree with the idea of cutting it to 95%ish. Also, is that power STRAIGHT (not even sure how that would be possible) or w/ adrenal/relic?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you're shooting for 105% accuracy? I thought I had seen you agree with the idea of cutting it to 95%ish. Also, is that power STRAIGHT (not even sure how that would be possible) or w/ adrenal/relic?

I'm sorry I get so mixed up with force/melee accuracy.

My melee accuracy is 96% and my force accuracy is 106%.

Um that's w/o adrenal/ relic.

W/ adrenal/relic it's 1050

I'm sorry I get so mixed up with force/melee accuracy.

My melee accuracy is 96% and my force accuracy is 106%.

Um that's w/o adrenal/ relic.

W/ adrenal/relic it's 1050

Wow; how is it even possible to get 800 power from items? I've spent the past week looking for as much power as possible and don't see items which would get nearly that much under my belt, even mixing in PvE stuff! :eek:

Wow; how is it even possible to get 800 power from items? I've spent the past week looking for as much power as possible and don't see items which would get nearly that much under my belt, even mixing in PvE stuff! :eek:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/959ca1bc-ac86-4d85-9596-1eba96e7b24b

This will be my "first step" end gear (some T3 Mods / Enhancements). Not perfect, will change one or two surge power to acc/power. After this, I will get T4 FM Boots for the Level 61 Mods / Enhancements.

With Rakata Stim Buffed you'll get 963 Power. I'm currently at 869 because I still need enough gear ;)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/959ca1bc-ac86-4d85-9596-1eba96e7b24b

This will be my "first step" end gear (some T3 Mods / Enhancements). Not perfect, will change one or two surge power to acc/power. After this, I will get T4 FM Boots for the Level 61 Mods / Enhancements.

With Rakata Stim Buffed you'll get 963 Power. I'm currently at 869 because I still need enough gear ;)

Cool, thanks. Looks like the primary way you've accomplished it is by sacrificing almost all of your crit, which is something I'm not comfortable with. It looks like I can get it up to just about 800 though without losing too much of my current crit rating, so I'll start working towards that.

Cool, thanks. Looks like the primary way you've accomplished it is by sacrificing almost all of your crit, which is something I'm not comfortable with. It looks like I can get it up to just about 800 though without losing too much of my current crit rating, so I'll start working towards that.

Of Course you can take some crit ;) As I said, it's not the perfect setup, but just change 1 or two mods or enhancements and things will be fine. Personally, I'd take some more accuracy, but it needs to be tested. Never felt that I need more crit as infil./KC, but I think It's hard to specify exact and proper values for these stats.

Of Course you can take some crit ;) As I said, it's not the perfect setup, but just change 1 or two mods or enhancements and things will be fine. Personally, I'd take some more accuracy, but it needs to be tested. Never felt that I need more crit as infil./KC, but I think It's hard to specify exact and proper values for these stats.

I've always heavily prioritized crit, because so much of the entire infiltration spec is built around getting crits. As of now, mine is at about 34%, which honestly feels low; it was at almost 44% as I recall before I started swapping things out to get more power. I have to say, I "feel" like I'm doing far less burst since then, even with all that added power. For example, I used to get the 2.5k medal on my first project, now I sometimes don't get it until a few minutes in.

I've always heavily prioritized crit, because so much of the entire infiltration spec is built around getting crits. As of now, mine is at about 34%, which honestly feels low; it was at almost 44% as I recall before I started swapping things out to get more power. I have to say, I "feel" like I'm doing far less burst since then, even with all that added power. For example, I used to get the 2.5k medal on my first project, now I sometimes don't get it until a few minutes in.

For me, crit never had the highest priority, because our spec is so much around burst. Due to force regen, we can't "spam" things and hope they crit, we guarantee our crits with force potency and therefore these crits need to be high. This will happen with stacking power / surge (75% is enough).

2.5k is indeed a bit low, especially when you say, you don't get it very often. Currently, I get the 5k Medal in almost every warzone with project. Highest Crit so far 6,4k. I've never seen 6k+ Crits before 1.2, now they're not as rare as you might think ;)

For me, crit never had the highest priority, because our spec is so much around burst. Due to force regen, we can't "spam" things and hope they crit, we guarantee our crits with force potency and therefore these crits need to be high. This will happen with stacking power / surge (75% is enough).

2.5k is indeed a bit low, especially when you say, you don't get it very often. Currently, I get the 5k Medal in almost every warzone with project. Highest Crit so far 6,4k. I've never seen 6k+ Crits before 1.2, now they're not as rare as you might think ;)

The fact that it's centered around burst is precisely why I prioritize crit. We get that one brief window to get a huge burst before we need to wait for everything to set up correctly again, so that burst had better well be as big as possible. Force Potency doesn't guarantee a crit if your crit rating is only 20%, but if its 40%, it does. That Project >> Force Breach slam can be huge, but if neither of them crit, you may as well be playing another class for the damage they do. I want these things critting as often as possible.

This is my current setup: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/084a1e1f-9bc1-4e9d-a4c8-2af3ae1c5e9f

Before stims,

1509 Willpower

77.68% Surge (Mr. Robot misses many of the values by 1% for me for some reason)

33.67% Crit

374 Power is the biggest difference to someone having 700 or 800

I'd have to imagine that the difference in power will bring my crits up to that 5k+ or 6k+ range; right now I'm getting low to mid 4ks.

However, even using Force Potency with my first Project, it honestly only seems to crit about half the time, which is why I can say from experience that I'm not too keen on the idea of dropping my crit rating even more.

Shin - on your Balance setup, where you are trading off (when compared to the other two specs) in order to get crit, about how much power are you running with? (assuming your augments are resolve augments on balance instead of power augments?) Edited by Makk

critstrike rate is very important. inf spec isnt about whats the biggest damage you can get in a single hit, or even in two hits. inf spec is about dealing alot of damage in a short window. anyone who thinks inf spec is just about big hits from project and breech when potency is up doesnt understand the spec.

dumping crit and acc for power will give you a ego boost and make for good highlight vids when you see big 5k+ hits with project and breech, but then you are done until potencty comes off CD. you need to be able to be effective even when you dont have potency charges up. project, breech and shadow strike all have built in crit damage bonuses, so the more you crit the better you are and the more you help your team kill fast. also, when project and breech crit you get critstrike bonus buff for your melee attacks, which makes CS do good damage as well as making spinning strike and shadow strike more effective.

also, should not discount the importance of accuracy.

Shin - on your Balance setup, where you are trading off (when compared to the other two specs) in order to get crit, about how much power are you running with? (assuming your augments are resolve augments on balance instead of power augments?)

My gearing for Balance is slightly more dated than my gearing for Infil/KC, but I run around 40% crit as Balance. I actually did not trade too much power because the BM FM pieces had high crit. Paired with the BM Stalker Implants, getting that crit was easy.

I would recommend Willpower augments regardless of any spec.

Edited by Xinika

I know you say you like Infil but Balance is better. Currently I am Infil and the rest of my guild is Balance and I can beat all of them 1v1 (Duh) but Im wondering (I've seen all your videos) if you can give anymore advance tips on being Balance and how you set up your keybinds etc. Thanks! :hope_06::csw_r2d2:

critstrike rate is very important. inf spec isnt about whats the biggest damage you can get in a single hit, or even in two hits. inf spec is about dealing alot of damage in a short window. anyone who thinks inf spec is just about big hits from project and breech when potency is up doesnt understand the spec.

dumping crit and acc for power will give you a ego boost and make for good highlight vids when you see big 5k+ hits with project and breech, but then you are done until potencty comes off CD. you need to be able to be effective even when you dont have potency charges up. project, breech and shadow strike all have built in crit damage bonuses, so the more you crit the better you are and the more you help your team kill fast. also, when project and breech crit you get critstrike bonus buff for your melee attacks, which makes CS do good damage as well as making spinning strike and shadow strike more effective.

Agreed on crit.

Why would you play a Burst spec like a DPS spec? If you want DPS then go Balance.

I know you say you like Infil but Balance is better. Currently I am Infil and the rest of my guild is Balance and I can beat all of them 1v1 (Duh) but Im wondering (I've seen all your videos) if you can give anymore advance tips on being Balance and how you set up your keybinds etc. Thanks! :hope_06::csw_r2d2:

Sure, I'll get to that a little later tonight.

Why would you play a Burst spec like a DPS spec? If you want DPS then go Balance.

Her point is that it is crit which allows those bursts to be any good.

Perhaps you're looking at only the huge burst you get from popping the adrenal, relic, force potency, and Battle Readiness (if you use it). Sure, I suppose if everything goes perfectly, an extra 200 power is going to make that singular burst much stronger.

The thing is, I consider it a burst everytime I can chain together a 2x Clairvoyant Strike Upheaval Project critical hit with a Force Breach. Putting these two together back to back critted can be an instant 8k damage. So what if I could get that same 8k out of the Project alone had I added more power instead of crit?

It seems to me to be the difference between wanting to get one giant burst every 2 minutes versus getting a slightly weaker burst of say, 70 - 80% of that strength every 30 seconds. The latter is far superior.

Her point is that it is crit which allows those bursts to be any good.

Perhaps you're looking at only the huge burst you get from popping the adrenal, relic, force potency, and Battle Readiness (if you use it). Sure, I suppose if everything goes perfectly, an extra 200 power is going to make that singular burst much stronger.

The thing is, I consider it a burst everytime I can chain together a 2x Clairvoyant Strike Upheaval Project critical hit with a Force Breach. Putting these two together back to back critted can be an instant 8k damage. So what if I could get that same 8k out of the Project alone had I added more power instead of crit?

It seems to me to be the difference between wanting to get one giant burst every 2 minutes versus getting a slightly weaker burst of say, 70 - 80% of that strength every 30 seconds. The latter is far superior.

I think crit is far overvalued here. You're also missing the fact that even without critting, you are hitting consistently hard. Not to mention, even with low crit, I'm seemingly always critting even without CDs.

In PvP, as infil, you want to apply maximum damage to a target as quickly as possible. That target needs to be either dead or severely wounded.

Again, if you want to play a DPS-pressure spec... then go Balance...

It has a far better pressure upkeep than infiltration, even if you were critting on every hit as infil.

It's also more adaptable to situations and has no set rotation. So predicting a Balance's burst can actually be harder to comprehend than it's infil counterpart.

because what matters is how fast your team can kill. this isnt a game where people can one or two shot, so being able to deal one or two big shots means little if you are pretty much usless until your big damage stuff comes off CD. effective single target PVP damage is measured by how much damage you can deal in a short amount of time, 9-12 seconds, and also how often you can do it. inf spec is much more effective in team pvp when you are not totally depending on potency charges to crit.

the more often a inf spec can crit, the more effective it is.

Edited by MiaRB

because what matters is how fast your team can kill. this isnt a game where people can one or two shot, so being able to deal one or two big shots means little if you are pretty much usless until your big damage stuff comes off CD. effective single target PVP damage is measured by how much damage you can deal in a short amount of time, 9-12 seconds, and also how often you can do it. inf spec is much more effective in team pvp when you are not totally depending on potency charges to crit.

the more often a inf spec can crit, the more effective it is.

I disagree but we'll leave it at that.

I know you're a fan of the spec and all.

because what matters is how fast your team can kill. this isnt a game where people can one or two shot, so being able to deal one or two big shots means little if you are pretty much usless until your big damage stuff comes off CD.

But its way more fun to one or two shot people.

OK, Dumb question...

I'm looking for the cheapest way to buy

1 War Hero's Aptitude mod 26...32 end, 51 WP, 30 Exp, 39 power

2 War hero's Adept ehancement 24...27 End, 30 Exp, 41 Power, 53 Surge

As far as least comm.

OK, Dumb question...

I'm looking for the cheapest way to buy

1 War Hero's Aptitude mod 26...32 end, 51 WP, 30 Exp, 39 power

2 War hero's Adept ehancement 24...27 End, 30 Exp, 41 Power, 53 Surge

As far as least comm.

WH Force-Master Boots and WH Force-Mystic Gloves.

Doesn't get cheaper than that to be honest...