Tank stats in PVP

Zidaen

/agreed. Immortal Juggs have needed some love since day one. I've played every other class now and they is little to no difference between how fast juggs die compared to my merc or sniper. As a matter of fact my sorc has way more pvp "tankability" than my jugg with the bubble alone, it's pretty sad. Those who say otherwise want to continue two shotting people in pvp with no skill.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are getting dedicated heals, you will not last long guarding someone as a DPS Jugg in DPS gear. I have a good 3-4k less HP then properly geared tank geared/specced Juggs and I do not have a shield gen to proc on any white damage nor am I parrying/deflecting for Jack ****. I really need to go get fraps or something and start recording tanks that are successful and then record how much less you survive without tank gear/tank spec.[/b]

Hello do you PvP because Vindicator and War Leader have ALMOST THE EXACT SAME Endurance. Go look it up.... A vengeance Spec in equal Champion gear has more HP then an Immortal spec... Also both can equip shield generators. I really need to fraps me in full Vindications and Full War Leaders and make you open your eyes. The only tank specs that do well is with a dedicated healer... since if no one is healing them they will DIE to guard alone.

I not saying you guys don't need TWEAKS, but to say that tank geared and tank specced tanks are worthless is a joke. Also once again, only juiced out RAGE specced Juggs can pull 6k+ on a smash once every 15 seconds. I rarely see any Rage Juggs/Maras break more than 4.5k on their smashes though. [/b]

You want to know what the biggest crit for an immortal is.... wait for it... 1.7k on a Vicious Throw! Outside of that they do 1k max...

Impale rarely goees over 2.7k crits and I have to use a relic to even get it up high enough to break 2.5k for the medal. Don't bring up the Vicious Throw hits I mentioned because it's only useable on people who are most likely already dead anyway, all it does is let me killsteal. [/b]

Again an Immortal will never push anywhere near 2k crits and they have equal survivability because Defense doesn't work against most attacks. If someone pops saberbarrier you pop Shatter and LOL since defense will not block it. Why do you think whenever someone pops Saberward everyone switches to Force attacks?

B]I stand by my thought that the problem is not with tanks, but that Bioware gave too many classes NON PHYSICAL abilities. Change some to physical and things would balance out way more.[/b]

Thats okay you are right and wrong. Since even if it isn't non-physical damage many stil do an incredible ammount of damage.

Hello do you PvP because Vindicator and War Leader have ALMOST THE EXACT SAME Endurance. Go look it up.... A vengeance Spec in equal Champion gear has more HP then an Immortal spec... Also both can equip shield generators. I really need to fraps me in full Vindications and Full War Leaders and make you open your eyes. The only tank specs that do well is with a dedicated healer... since if no one is healing them they will DIE to guard alone.

You want to know what the biggest crit for an immortal is.... wait for it... 1.7k on a Vicious Throw! Outside of that they do 1k max...

Again an Immortal will never push anywhere near 2k crits and they have equal survivability because Defense doesn't work against most attacks. If someone pops saberbarrier you pop Shatter and LOL since defense will not block it. Why do you think whenever someone pops Saberward everyone switches to Force attacks?

Thats okay you are right and wrong. Since even if it isn't non-physical damage many stil do an incredible ammount of damage.

I have 4 pieces of Champ Vindicator missing

However,

I have 7 pieces of Warleader from duplicates

Swapping these pieces out

I get:

15750hp vs my Vind set of 14850

Imagine if I had a FULL set of Warleader..

I don't even have the 4% extra endurance specced because I left my points in the bleeds for lulz.

There is a BM Immortal Jugg on my server who has 21k hp base and gets up to 28k with Endure Pain..

If anyone needs to open their eyes..I do believe it is you good sir. Have a nice night.

Edited by Dreadspectre

I think that most of the QQ here is totally misplaced. There is a tremendous amount of survivability gained from defense and from having a shield generator. Marauders, juggernauts, snipers, and assassins (and the republic equivalets) all primarily use "melee" or "ranged" attacks which can be mitigated by defense/shield. The only reason you think that defense is worthless is because it doesn't protect you against sorcerers, and there happen to be a ton of people playing that class and pvp'ing right now. There's a reason why sorcerer damage isn't mitigated by defense: the way you stop a sorc from doing damage is to attack them since they can't do their massive damage while moving.

Instead of whining about getting pooped on, you should try to understand the game design. And to all those idiots out there saying that tanks shouldn't wear warleader/defense gear, have fun getting your stuff pushed in by force-leadping marauders and juggernauts as you try to carry the huttball.

TLDR: defense isn't useless as it protects you from marauders/juggernauts who have gap closers. others's damage is "mitigated" by proper positioning/area control.

Edited by Pyowin

Hmmm, knee-jerk reaction is L2P Class. But I'll elaborate. My T2 vindicator geared jugg pwns pvp, even when talented 31 immortal. I was rage for a few days but it felt too wrong to AOE crit for 4k as a jugg and eat people with force crush/obliterate/point blank saber throw, not to mention the force push buff since 1.1 (instant refresh on force charge? what? were we not OP enough?).

I can tank all the hardmodes in my vindicator set, which I got first cause I love saber throw and was always pissed about the minimum range that made no sense. The extra second of blade turning in the war leader gear is nice, and the force bubble increase, but as this whole thread mentioned, those dont mitigate for beans in PVP, so avoid that set.

Be smart about when you throw out stuns and when to disengage as well (intercede/force charge). Remember to synergize - buddy running for the huttball and your force charge is on CD? force push the closest target, switch to the runner and jump.

chilling/threatening scream whenever guys surround you, as well as intimidating roar. remember your class in pvp isnt about killing, but delaying the enemy in defence, and keeping the team alive in offence (stunning healers, pushing tanks out of guard range, taunt taunt taunt etc).

I just cant find fault with our class anywhere, I'm waiting for the nerf stick, not the buff stick. Even AOE threat-gen isnt a big problem for me anymore....

surpise suprise. i did a warzone match vs all sorcs, mercs, and operatives. I was exactly as squishy as every1 else. getting killed in 2-3 hits will full champ tank gear.

yaaaaaay.

i wanted to trade damage for survivability that doesn't work against every single popular class.