Why should I enjoy joining a 180-400 civil war?

ShizuXIII

With 3/3 imperial control obviously.

Or a 0-4 huttball with 11 minutes left.

Or a voidstar with attackers stuck at the first door with 2 minutes left.

This question is directed to both bioware and the whiners about leavers.

Give me one single reason to not leave instantly when I find myself in one of these games, wich happen WAY too often.

Give me one single reason to justify an idiocy of this magnitude.

Team down to 6 players?

Do you think dropping a new player into the match is gonna change ANYTHING?

Just begin the *********** shut-down and close the match.

The winners get the win anyway.

The losers who didn't leave get their half-reward faster.

Why does this ******** exist in the first place?

Do you really think any sane player enjoys finding himself in a clear defeat already in progress?

Edited by ShizuXIII

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just joined a Voidstar, defender side, down to the last room with 3.30 left.

Yet some turds still keep asking for a deserter debuff.

Do you seriously think I should be punished for leaving this game?

Are you really this clueless when it comes to good quality pvp?

Team down to 6 players?

I've seen new players turn a Huttball around before actually. Lots of successive goals whe you set up your offence better.

Just joined a Voidstar, defender side, down to the last room with 3.30 left.

Yet some turds still keep asking for a deserter debuff.

Do you seriously think I should be punished for leaving this game?

Are you really this clueless when it comes to good quality pvp?

No, but the person who left the match so you had to join it should, if there were then you wouldn't be joining that match, logic right? :)

Somtimes you win, sometimes you lose. If you want to win more, get better. A bad loss is a good opportunity to just that.

Pick something about your game that needs improving and work on it. Maybe try to win a 2 v 1, or get better at identifying healers, or explore some of the finer details of the map. Find a couple of new guys who are making obvious mistakes and see if you can get them moving in the right direction.

Bailing out is passing up the opportunity to improve - making it that much more likely you're going to lose next time, too.

tl;dr: don't be a vinegar-based solution for cleansing ladyparts

No, but the person who left the match so you had to join it should, if there were then you wouldn't be joining that match, logic right? :)

No, that's absolute lack of logic.

Why should I be punished with wasted time and an obvious defeat because someone else left the game?

As previous posters said, if there was a deserter debuff, the number of "in-progress" games to join would be much lower.

Perhaps the debuff should only apply if you desert after actually entering the fighting area (leaving the safe zone). If you join a match and leave before exiting the safe zone, you don't get a debuff. This would allow those who join losing matches and don't want to stay to leave without penalty, and also (for example, as I did yesterday) if you accidentally queue without your group you could quit out of the ready room before entering the fight.

Somtimes you win, sometimes you lose. If you want to win more, get better. A bad loss is a good opportunity to just that.

Pick something about your game that needs improving and work on it. Maybe try to win a 2 v 1, or get better at identifying healers, or explore some of the finer details of the map. Find a couple of new guys who are making obvious mistakes and see if you can get them moving in the right direction.

Bailing out is passing up the opportunity to improve - making it that much more likely you're going to lose next time, too.

tl;dr: don't be a vinegar-based solution for cleansing ladyparts

Eff all that, get off your self-righteous high horse. People act like each and every one of these WZ's matter. NEWSFLASH! they don't. I'll take the opportunity to improve my game on one of the billion other trips I take to the same exact battle. Not to mention that's mighty presumative of you to assume my un-improved gameplay is the problem in the first place. Like it or not the current gear disparity overcomes even tremendous skill and coordination.

Here's the root of the issue, there's absolutely no incentive to stay. For what? Around 10-20 comms and valor? To become a farming body for the opposing team? You can take your get better and shove it because most of the time in that situation the other team will have such an advantage you will be stunlocked and dead within a gcd the minute you engage them. You can't improve your game doing that no matter how many times you bang your head against that wall. Have fun with that if you do, based on some e-peen version of "doing the right thing".

If they impose a penalty like a deserter debuff, guess what? Most people will still take the debuff and either:

a) Simply not participate and find a cozy corner to sit in till it's over or

b) Take the debuff and go do something else or log in an alt

Imposing a penalty will literally do nothing to stop deserters. Just ask WoW battlegrounders. There needs to be more of an incentive to stay if you're losing and I'd wager most of the winning faction would be against that. So we get what we have now. Enjoy.

I agree 100%.

When i join a match in the first round with 4 min left and i spawn at the last door in voidstar, I think to myself (why would bioware put fresh players in this game and waste their time?)

Because it's really fast valor/xp/comms? lol

Because it's really fast valor/xp/comms? lol

This. There is a "buff" for joining late which is that you can grab at least 3 medals (killing blow, 2.5K dmg, 2.5K heal for example, plus often 1k defender) in a very short period of time, so a very high ratio of medals to time.

And yes an experienced pro can turn huttball around quickly, and yes that is awesome fun. Other WZs not so much.

Just a few facts for mr. white knight.

I'm repubic valor rank 51. That's all from warzones, since we get 20 valor from ilum kills 100% of the time.

In 15 years of internet gaming (starting from diablo 1 and ultima online), these are some of the most basic warzones/arenas/battlegrounds I have ever seen. Totally tard-proof design.

Not sure about you, but after hundreds of matches in each of the TWO warzones I play, I know how they work.

That's because I'm a scoundrel and I don't play huttball.

That's rank 51 from two warzones.

So thank you very much, but I'd like to use MY OWN skills in matches where they actually matter. Not in games where I'm just a farming bag for mr. Random Sorc n. 189756.

Beside that, I'm not paying to be the tutor of some random stranger who enjoys joining warzones with 13k hp and 0% expertise.

TLDR: your reasons to stick to obvious defeats are utter garbage and probably you don't believe them yourself

EDIT: no kidding. Right NOW I joined another voidstar with defender down to the last room and FIVE minutes left.

Way to go, BW amateurs. This surely is the best pvp game ever published.

Edited by ShizuXIII

This. There is a "buff" for joining late which is that you can grab at least 3 medals (killing blow, 2.5K dmg, 2.5K heal for example, plus often 1k defender) in a very short period of time, so a very high ratio of medals to time.

And yes an experienced pro can turn huttball around quickly, and yes that is awesome fun. Other WZs not so much.

Against a good team especially pre-made? I call shenanigans, maybe in the pre-50 bracket that's it.

I think most of the time when people drop it's in cases where there is going to be NO obvious turning the ship around per se. In those cases you are most likely not going to be in a situation to get any of those medals because the disparity is going to be so great that you will be dead the second you engage.

I once joined a game where my team was down 0-4 with 7 minutes left in Huttball, and came back to win it 4-4 (we held the ball) since all the guys who joined are actually good players.

However that win didn't count, so I guess it's not a good story.

With 3/3 imperial control obviously.

Or a voidstar with attackers stuck at the first door with 2 minutes left.

This question is directed to both bioware and the ****tards whining about QQQQQQ LEAVERS.

Give me one single reason to not leave instantly when I find myself in one of these games, wich happen WAY too often.

Give me one single reason to justify an idiocy of this magnitude.

Team down to 6 players?

Why does this ******** exist in the first place?

Do you really think any sane player enjoys finding himself in a clear defeat already in progress?

Because a majority of a people don't want to lose with 3 people on the team.

A lot of times a group will quit early and we come back an win with the other people.

Point of the story. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and try and you could probably win because the baddies dropped out.

I joined a game that ended as soon as I stepped in so my contribution was 0 in everything and got 600 Valor. I think that took like 1 minute, so unless people are getting 9000 Valor in a full game, I'd say that was a pretty good deal. Yes there's the time to queue, so let's say it takes 5 minutes for a game, so that's 600 Valor in 6 minutes. In a full game, with the same queue time, you'd have to get more than 2000 in the game (15 min playing + 5 minute queue) to beat that, which I'm not sure if it's even possible.

One time I joined a Huttball in the last 30 seconds and walked into a fire pit and healed myself for the heal medal. It's even easier if you got shockfrozen water.

I once joined a game where my team was down 0-4 with 7 minutes left in Huttball, and came back to win it 4-4 (we held the ball) since all the guys who joined are actually good players.

However that win didn't count, so I guess it's not a good story.

And this is probably part of the reason people drop. Farming wins for the weekly/daily and with that damn bug its a lottery every time, if a win will count. If its a rough night of losses and wins not counting you can be sure peoples patience will be very short.

Voidstar doors get blown and half the defender team stuck at the door one spawn behind the shield while the attacking team plant and blow door 2? You can be sure several people will imediately tap out.

Ocassionaly miracles of turning it around do happen but that's so rare it doesnt exactly represent an incentive.

What boggles my mind the most is the blatant disregard the developers had for the PvP community when a large amount of the player base warned and fought against the implementation of Warzones/Battlegrounds/Arenas.

This could all have been avoided.