edit: nvm

Kuciwalker

The mined changes look REALLY good. The meta should become more favorable to missiles, and barrel roll should be optional instead of mostly mandatory. On live, the small dogfighting edge retros have is mostly for vanity- the inability to span distances is too big of a deal. If the mined cooldown changes go live, we should see a lot more diversity- it looks like every engine move except the ones that don't break locks were given some attention.

Still a lot of too weak components.

Barrel roll is still hands down going to be the go-to for gunships. I'd love some real build variety, but there isn't any other option that won't get you roflstomped in short order. Interdiction drive would be cool in theory, but it's killed by the uber-long cooldown and lack of missile break or evasion.

That said, I'd have preferred a 20s cooldown and a larger energy cost, but I think 30s won't be that huge a deal. Just, like I said, less Rambo-ing :p

Ah!!! I see that now. Hmmm...not fond of the change tbh...30 seconds from 15 where all the others bump to 20 from 15? Seems a little wrong.

30?

EDIT: oh wait 30 seconds minus 10 seconds from talent. so 20 second cooldown. Probably so that gunships can't outrun scouts anymore. (which was dumb)

Gunships being able to run away is not what makes them dumb.

No what makes them dumb is that they can outrun everything else that doesn't have BR.

A scout should be able to eventually be able to run a gunship to ground, right now that can't happen unless the scout also has BR.

Now gunships being able to run for a bit is fine and necessary, but gunships shouldn't be the best drag racers in GSF.

Edited by Zoom_VI

30?

EDIT: oh wait 30 seconds minus 10 seconds from talent. so 20 second cooldown. Probably so that gunships can't outrun scouts anymore. (which was dumb)

Not positive...every other defensive move appears to be going to a 20 sec cooldown (pre-reduced cooldown), only this is 30.

No what makes them dumb is that they can outrun everything else that doesn't have BR.

A scout should be able to eventually be able to run a gunship to ground, right now that can't happen unless the scout also has BR.

Now gunships being able to run for a bit is fine and necessary, but gunships shouldn't be the best drag racers in GSF.

I'd be willing to conceede some speed in a GS for losing firepower on a scout. They're way too powerful to have that much evasion, speed, and power (I also still think Ion Railgun is too OP, but if they take speed away from Gunships they'll have to level that with reducing firepower on a scout)

EDIT: I really don't care about the way they (scouts) are now, but if you reduce the barrel roll, as a GS, I'm gonna start dying more than 1-2 times every few games. A good scout pilot (there's a couple on Jung'Ma that I recognize) can keep up with a gunship as is. I could see the bombers being reduced a little tho, and having the other GS (not the mangler) be more of a tank-like build to cap / hold objectives

Edited by SammyGStatus

EDIT: I really don't care about the way they (scouts) are now, but if you reduce the barrel roll, as a GS, I'm gonna start dying more than 1-2 times every few games. A good scout pilot (there's a couple on Jung'Ma that I recognize) can keep up with a gunship as is. I could see the bombers being reduced a little tho, and having the other GS (not the mangler) be more of a tank-like build to cap / hold objectives

So? Every scout on the server dies more than 1-2 times a match. (barring the herpderp faceroll ones) I have no frigging idea why gunships seem to think they need to exempt from dying. Jaxin, Rumina, Me, Saykon, Ayden we all die frequently enough, yet I go and look at Tsuk and Alex and they all have K/D averages on their gunships in the 16-17 range.

You wanna know how to lockdown a scout? You kill it. Or lockdown a strike? You kill it. Or lockdown a bomber? You kill it. Lockdown a gunship? You chase it endlessly.

Wow...you would actually die more than 1 or 2 times every few games? The horror...

I still won't take Koigan turn or any of those other terrible engine abilities. I guess I won't be as invincible in my strike fighter now though as I will be easy to hit with missiles, another plus for scouts.

Funny, you refuse to use Koiogran Turn but you think that you are too easy to hit with missiles...

If you are a dogfighter, Koiogran is better than barrel roll... if you want to be a sprinter, barrel roll is superior. Can't have the best of BOTH worlds.

Edited by Zharik

Funny, you refuse to use Koiogran Turn but you think that you are too easy to hit with missiles...

If you are a dogfighter, Koiogran is better than barrel roll... if you want to be a sprinter, barrel roll is superior. Can't have the best of BOTH worlds.

But why would you ever use Koiogran Turn when Retro Thrusters exist?

I'm not a dogfighter, scouts are just better there. Barrel roll allows me to be very close to invincible the way it is currently but I guess that's changing?

I will still need it to close to within missile range on gunships so changing is not an option. Doubling the cooldown on my missile evade skill will suck though when I get scouts on my *** trying to save their gunships. Cluster missiles are going to wear me down.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar