Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
07.25.2017 , 10:32 PM | #371
That wasn't five against thousands, that was the Wrath and his or her crew at the head of the outnumbered Imperial troops on Taris attacking a Republic base. He won a battle while outnumbered roughly 8 to 1. Shouldn't that be a sign of how effective he was at planning? When did the Sith Inquisitor accomplish such a feat with planning?

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
07.26.2017 , 05:53 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
That wasn't five against thousands, that was the Wrath and his or her crew at the head of the outnumbered Imperial troops on Taris attacking a Republic base. He won a battle while outnumbered roughly 8 to 1. Shouldn't that be a sign of how effective he was at planning? When did the Sith Inquisitor accomplish such a feat with planning?
Well ... the Inquisitor did get that Imp guy the Silencer ... though thinking back on it, the Warrior did more for the Empire, in terms of achievements.

+ =

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.26.2017 , 07:04 AM | #373
Quote:
That wasn't five against thousands, that was the Wrath and his or her crew at the head of the outnumbered Imperial troops on Taris attacking a Republic base. He won a battle while outnumbered roughly 8 to 1. Shouldn't that be a sign of how effective he was at planning? When did the Sith Inquisitor accomplish such a feat with planning?
Since when is assaulting an highly fortified base lead by the bets generals of the Republic that has more troops then you by by about 8 times is an good strategy.

The fact that it was successful is mind boggling. That was the plan and it worked. I will be fair here will such an tactic really work if he did not had deux ex help?

But for the above yeah the wrath really did more for the empire then actually all the other classes of the empire and far more then Darth Nox who I will be fair did the less actually he did more damage to the empire then the Republic. Not to say that the Wrath was an saint after all he massacred the entire power base of an Dark Council member on the other hand he did not lose an good chunk of his power base doing that just him and another sith lord and both survived. But besides that ****** event he mostly just crippled the Republic I mean crippled he killed their best generals jedi and not and that was before book 3.

Myrmicus's Avatar


Myrmicus
07.26.2017 , 07:31 AM | #374
Wrath didn't exactly plan the attack, he just attacked, proving his superior might again.
In the end, he is a tool, a weapon... His story isn't about rise to power, it's about proving his strength to the hierarchy who, in turn, rise him to power. His title isn't that of a leader... sure, this gives him superior authority, but he is an extansion of the Emperor's will.

Nox, on the other end, don't obey. At first he is an apprentice and, as such, follow orders. But he quickly spiral out of the hierarchy, defy authority and builds his own path to greatness. It's the story of a slave, the lowest of the lowest, who becomes one of the most prominent leaders of the Empire.

Wrath is the strongest, but that's exactly why Nox would win in thie end : that's what he does, overcoming opposition, not matter the difficulty, through whatever is needed.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.26.2017 , 11:20 AM | #375
I do not think you get it Nox never managed anything on his own even his victory against Thanathon who by the way is him just older and without ghosts was done with help you know the ghosts. His victory against his former master was done because of an ancient beast taking the hit in his place.

The Wrath on the other hand defeated his enemy who by the way according to Vrowonan was nearly invincible. Why because he absorbed tons of power from an sith entity. He fought that nearly invincible being until all that power was gone. That is impressive.

In 1 vs 1 against an being that can literally outlast you can Nox have any chance? The Wrath will fight with Nox until he exhausts the power of the ghosts the will kill him.

With help allowed yes Nox will beat Wrath but only help because Wrath has little to no help.

Myrmicus's Avatar


Myrmicus
07.27.2017 , 03:56 AM | #376
Ah, I was waiting for "he didn't do anything alone because ghosts" nonsense.
Depriving the Inquisitor from his Ghosts is like depriving the Wrath from his lightsabers. If we consider Nox, the Ghosts are slaves, a mere extension of his power. Nox is an Inquisitor, a scholar... the best representation of this is the Sphere he is given once becoming a member of the Dark Council : Sphere of Knowledge. That's what he does : acquiring artifacts, knowledge over the Force and using it for his own gain.

And besides, I don't even throw Nox's army and superweapon in the fray. He is a leader after all, troops should be taken into account if we wan't to consider his overall power. Sure, the Emperor's Wrath has authority but, as I said, isn't a leader...

To me, a fight between the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox should be like this :
- Step 1 : The Warrior comes to take the head of Nox. He carves through Nox soldiers, tank his lightnings, resists his mind tricks and, after a long battle of epic proportions, cut him down.
- Step 2 : Darth Nox survives the fight... A mere lightsaber strike or Force Choke isn't enough to kill him for good.
- Step 3 : Darth Nox lick his wounds and search for a way to defeat Darth Wrath, acquiring a new artifact, a new power or discovering the Warrior's weaknesses.
- Step 4 : New fight of epic proportions, with all the cards in Nox's hands. Just to prove a point, Nox mop the floor with Wrath's face. The End.

EDIT : I briefly mentionned troops as a part of one's power, develop.
For the Sith Warrior :
- A robber and idealistic pirate (Vette) : good infiltrator. Not fit for rutheless battles.
- A rutheless hunter and commando (Talz) : elite commando, really dangerous in battle.
- A Rutheless and efficient troop leader (Pierce) : a good commander, but too reckless for his own good.
- A fallen padawan (Jaesa DS) : dangerous warrior and Force user.
- A competent and (too) loyal leader (Quinn) : an excellent commander, utterly loyal to the Empire.

For the Sith Inquisitor :
- A Force-eating monster (Khem Val) : strong bodyguard of a legendary sith lord. Eats Force-Sensitive beings and despise weakness.
- A rutheless pirate leader (Andronikos) : excellent pilot and not so good commander.
- An archeologist (Talos) : very good at digging long lost secrets.
- A fallen padawan (Ashara) : good fighter, strong minded, but not so bright padawan.
- A loyal assassin (Xalek) : really dangerous fighter, utterly loyal to his master.

When we compare crews, we can see that the Inquisitor's crew is more varied in term of skills, whereas the Warrior's crew is mainly made of fighter and troop commanders (Vette is the exception). The last bit is interesting : since Wrath isn't a leader himself, he has to depend on others to lead troops... while Nox has only a poor leader under his command, because he doesn't need it. In the end, the Inquisitor has a far better crew that can counter and do more different things.

kepeskvaeri's Avatar


kepeskvaeri
07.28.2017 , 05:40 AM | #377
I love how these threads always get off topic so easy.
And I have to say that I am impressed by the number of views that this thread has, 100 800 views as i write this is a staggering number. Even if it counts the same guy going back over and over it has to bee more than half of the people playing this game,

My take on this topic is that they would both end up dead if it came to blows. They both jave enormous power and they would probably end up collapsing the building or starship they fought in. If they fought in the open they would go on and on until they simply ripped eachother apart with sorcerey lightning and force blasts.

And if you are going to set up a cage match you have to say where it happens if iis one on one ore any other circumstances otherwise we can discuss this until the next big bang.
Im writing a fanfic about how a confontation would plau out if all the Player characters would en up confonting eachother. Which website would be best to post it one?

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.28.2017 , 10:47 PM | #378
Quote:
To me, a fight between the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox should be like this :
- Step 1 : The Warrior comes to take the head of Nox. He carves through Nox soldiers, tank his lightnings, resists his mind tricks and, after a long battle of epic proportions, cut him down.
- Step 2 : Darth Nox survives the fight... A mere lightsaber strike or Force Choke isn't enough to kill him for good.
- Step 3 : Darth Nox lick his wounds and search for a way to defeat Darth Wrath, acquiring a new artifact, a new power or discovering the Warrior's weaknesses.
- Step 4 : New fight of epic proportions, with all the cards in Nox's hands. Just to prove a point, Nox mop the floor with Wrath's face. The End.
You know why it can not happen well as I explained the Wrath can outlast Nox as it outlasted Barass. Again nearly invincible so Wrath had no choice but to fight him until Barass exhausted all his power. Wrath will do the same with Nox fight him until he exhausts his power. So artifact an new power all useless as long as its finite power. Wrath will just tank and dodge everything until that power is gone.
Unless you use an bomb of course but even that is not sure since Wrath tanked one also.

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
07.29.2017 , 08:54 AM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
You know why it can not happen well as I explained the Wrath can outlast Nox as it outlasted Barass. Again nearly invincible so Wrath had no choice but to fight him until Barass exhausted all his power. Wrath will do the same with Nox fight him until he exhausts his power. So artifact an new power all useless as long as its finite power. Wrath will just tank and dodge everything until that power is gone.
Unless you use an bomb of course but even that is not sure since Wrath tanked one also.
Your logic hinges on Baras > Nox, which is a stretch at best. The only thing we see Wrath tanking is lightsaber and lightning (and rather wussy lightning at that). Nox has better tricks that Wrath probably has never seen or even heard of.

And it really doesn't say much for the Wrath either that he had to wait for Baras to exhaust himself. Nox was able to tank Thanaton's attacks (which were far more impressive than Baras') and utterly crush him
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.29.2017 , 09:30 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Your logic hinges on Baras > Nox, which is a stretch at best. The only thing we see Wrath tanking is lightsaber and lightning (and rather wussy lightning at that). Nox has better tricks that Wrath probably has never seen or even heard of.

And it really doesn't say much for the Wrath either that he had to wait for Baras to exhaust himself. Nox was able to tank Thanaton's attacks (which were far more impressive than Baras') and utterly crush him
That is because according to the dialogue his powers where on the end at that point about the lighting I mean. Then there is the dude that can not die I mean the wrath trown him in an engine reactor and the dude survived. So what did Wrath did next time he cut his freaking head. Pretty experience will tell Wrath to do the same to Nox it known that this guy has an for of immortality so Wrath knows what to do against such people.
My question what does Nox know about Wrath to exploit because Wrath never lost unlike Nox. Hard to find an weakness to someone who never you know showed one.