Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Zbljuv
07.27.2016 , 05:38 PM | #291
What feats? Getting ragdolled in half the cutscenes? His best feat is beating Thanaton a fairly powerful sith and he couldnt even do that without the help of several force ghosts.

ethanredmace
07.27.2016 , 08:40 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Zbljuv View Post
What feats? Getting ragdolled in half the cutscenes? His best feat is beating Thanaton a fairly powerful sith and he couldnt even do that without the help of several force ghosts.
I've only played the Sith Inquisitor story once which was a half a year ago, so my memory of it isn't that great. Alright, so he accomplished some pretty great feats before binding any ghosts, like fighting other powerful Sith (one of them had the ability to weaken anyone's connection to the force). Nox was stronger than that, conquered it, and got back to full strength. He fought Jedi, collected artifacts, and tons of other great feats before binding the ghosts. Also, he defeated a force eating monster with his sheer power and connection to the force alone as an untrained slave acolyte on Korriban.

Also, you're right about Nox having incredibly better feats after binding the ghosts, like
Spoiler

PS. I don't remember Darth Nox being rag-dolled in half of the cut scenes or anything like that.

Zbljuv
07.28.2016 , 04:37 AM | #293
All the feats you mentioned are matched or exceeded by the Wrath.
Here is one of the many times Nox got ragdolled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k5Sfc-K6Q

ethanredmace
07.28.2016 , 09:41 AM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Zbljuv View Post
All the feats you mentioned are matched or exceeded by the Wrath.
Here is one of the many times Nox got ragdolled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k5Sfc-K6Q
I've only played the Sith Warrior story once and I don't remember any of his feats exceeding or in the least matching Nox's.

Spoiler

Rhyltran
07.28.2016 , 11:25 AM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by ethanredmace View Post
I've only played the Sith Warrior story once and I don't remember any of his feats exceeding or in the least matching Nox's.

Spoiler
I don't put much stock in Nox getting ragdolled by Kallig but I will point out that Force Ghosts are weaker than when they were alive. Harder to get rid of in many ways (namely because physical matter passes through them) yes but they lose a lot of power as well. (No connection to the living force.) As far as the wrath's feats? Facing the Emperor's voice who has been taken over and further empowered by Sel Makor is pretty damn impressive. Considering he's defeating here the combined might of Vitiate's voice on top of a dark side entity. Not to mention Baras is very comparable if not more so than Thanaton. Being powerful in his own right but having gained power from Sel Makor and the Entity (who is confirmed to be Kreia btw. As in the main antagonist in KOTOR 2.) is impressive as well.

He also kills Darth Vengean who is a member of the dark council. A widely feared and respected member to be honest. Despite all of Baras power boosts he threw everything he had at the wrath to the point where he couldn't channel anymore force abilities. The wrath wasn't injured and casually walked up to him putting his lightsaber threw him. I don't see how you can claim the wrath doesn't have feats matching the inquisitor. The wrath's feats are pretty solid. Even his dark side abilities are impressive.

Codedrago
07.28.2016 , 11:28 AM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
and the Entity (who is confirmed to be Kreia btw. As in the main antagonist in KOTOR 2.) is impressive as well.
LaLALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

ethanredmace
07.28.2016 , 12:31 PM | #297
I don't put much stock in Nox getting ragdolled by Kallig but I will point out that Force Ghosts are weaker than when they were alive. Harder to get rid of in many ways (namely because physical matter passes through them) yes but they lose a lot of power as well. (No connection to the living force.) As far as the wrath's feats? Facing the Emperor's voice who has been taken over and further empowered by Sel Makor is pretty damn impressive. Considering he's defeating here the combined might of Vitiate's voice on top of a dark side entity. Not to mention Baras is very comparable if not more so than Thanaton. Being powerful in his own right but having gained power from Sel Makor and the Entity (who is confirmed to be Kreia btw. As in the main antagonist in KOTOR 2.) is impressive as well.

He also kills Darth Vengean who is a member of the dark council. A widely feared and respected member to be honest. Despite all of Baras power boosts he threw everything he had at the wrath to the point where he couldn't channel anymore force abilities. The wrath wasn't injured and casually walked up to him putting his lightsaber threw him. I don't see how you can claim the wrath doesn't have feats matching the inquisitor. The wrath's feats are pretty solid. Even his dark side abilities are impressive.
I don't remember a lot of the Wrath's force abilities. The only ones I remember lore-wise are basic ones like force choke and force push which aren't very impressive compared to force telekinesis, force lightning, force-walking, and all the other lore-abilities that Darth Nox has.

Force choke and push are abilities that even lowly Sith Acolytes can use, so yeah. In my opinion, the reasons the Wrath didn't get injured is because of the Wrath absorbing everything Baras has with his lightsaber and also because of the plot demanding it. Also, its pretty impressive of how The Wrath got Baras to not be able to channel anymore force abilities or powers, I admit, but it also might have been because of luck.

I do admit that the Wrath is a great light-saber duelist if not the second greatest lightsaber duelist in SWTOR, the first being Arcann, and he would definitely easily annihilate Darth Nox in a lightsaber duel. If you take in Nox's force abilities, powers, force connection, and other things, Nox would easily crush the Wrath like how Jeff would of easily killed Slenderman and won instead of a draw if someone reasonable was writing the long story in like 1.2 seconds, 5.3 seconds, or something like that.

PS. Sorry if sounds like I'm bashing the Wrath, I'm not, and he's very great in general and very powerful. The Emperor's Wrath is my second favorite class/character in the SWTOR game, first being Darth Nox (Sith Inqusitior) but again, he's not as powerful and couldn't beat Nox in a force duel, again a lightsaber duel yes, but the point of this thread is to discuss who is more powerful and who would win a fight. Also, I do admit the Wrath's feats are amazing, but Nox's feats are better and more flashy in my opinion.

Sage_of_Battle
07.28.2016 , 12:44 PM | #298
and the Entity (who is confirmed to be Kreia btw. As in the main antagonist in KOTOR 2.) is impressive as well.
Could I get a source to that? Genuinely interested. I heard a while back that people were theorizing it but I didn't think it was confirmed or anything.

ethanredmace
07.28.2016 , 12:49 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Sage_of_Battle View Post
Could I get a source to that? Genuinely interested. I heard a while back that people were theorizing it but I didn't think it was confirmed or anything.
I think it might have been confirmed in a live-stream or something, but idk.

Codedrago
07.28.2016 , 12:56 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by ethanredmace View Post
the Wrath absorbing everything Baras has with his lightsaber and also because of the plot demanding it.
Then should we not count the majority of the feats Nox performs as they are the walking definition of 'the plot demands it'.

Quote:
like how Jeff would of easily killed Slenderman and won instead of a draw if someone reasonable was writing the long story in like 1.2 seconds, 5.3 seconds, or something like that.
Jeff? As in Jeff the 'I-am-such-an-edgelord-tool-' killer? How is one of the worst products of creepypasta relevant here?

Quote:

PS. Sorry if sounds like I'm bashing the Wrath, I'm not
No one here cares if you're bashing him or not, but it's pretty clear that you have a big bias for Nox as you continually write off anything the Wrath does as luck or plot, when the same could easily be applied to Nox.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?