so where is our free time?

Malstrades

With all the constant unnessesary downtime of the servers, it would be just to grant everyone at least a day free in leu of the massive downtime.

Downtime of course was caused by ONCE AGAIN releasing a major update, while everyone on PTS said it wasnt ready, when will BF learn?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you want to much, their giving you stuff and yet you want more. you dont need free time, yes its annoying 3 times in one week but who cares, play a free game like i do (ghost recon online beta) (APB) to name a few. or make RL friends :p

how many times have WoW given out free time, and lotro when that was pay to play i know lotro never did

Compensation for non-regular weekly maintenance is something we shouldn't even have to mention or ask for. We're unable to play so we should be given an extra day or two free ... that would be fair. Then again, we all should be getting much much more considering all the technical problems that we've been dealing w/ on this game ... especially since BW is unable and unwilling to resolve many of them.

error 9000 to start :(

yep, i know what it is. I can log in and play for anywhere between 1~10mins and then DC ... over and over again during the last 3 days - tons of other threads w/ the same symptoms. *sigh*

contact CS they will tell you to fix launcher and to do some stuff should fix your problem (trace art command in command promt for one when you are logged into game) i have been running perfectly ever since i have had they game and no problems encountered yet

*edit*- twitter is your best bet

Edited by warriorcat

So we had an extra 4 hour maintainance and today an extra 2 hours, making it 6 total, right? Good, so as a compensation, your next payment will be 12 cents cheaper, as that's what it has cost you. happy now?

Compensation for non-regular weekly maintenance is something we shouldn't even have to mention or ask for. We're unable to play so we should be given an extra day or two free ... that would be fair. Then again, we all should be getting much much more considering all the technical problems that we've been dealing w/ on this game ... especially since BW is unable and unwilling to resolve many of them.

error 9000 to start :(

Aren't 30 days enough?

As regard as WoW, I remember when I started playing in late TBC I ended up calling it World of Crash... And let's not mention patch days... SWTOR is much, much more stable than what WoW was.

With all the constant unnessesary downtime of the servers, it would be just to grant everyone at least a day free in leu of the massive downtime.

Downtime of course was caused by ONCE AGAIN releasing a major update, while everyone on PTS said it wasnt ready, when will BF learn?

This is what happens when you raise your kids with "you're a special snowflake that deserves the world".

Don't be a 90s parent.

This is what happens when you raise your kids with "you're a special snowflake that deserves the world".

Don't be a 90s parent.

Hey now I was born in the early 90s, and I don't have the special snowflake mentality.

But anyway, if BW gave free time because of every unexpected maintenance they wouldn't get anything done with this game.

Hey now I was born in the early 90s, and I don't have the special snowflake mentality.

But anyway, if BW gave free time because of every unexpected maintenance they wouldn't get anything done with this game.

So you slipped through the net of "free good, do good" pop psychology. Congrats.

However, a large portion of the american youth did not.

While this particular article is meh the figure he cites is pretty solid and used frequently.

One study found that 30 percent of young people were classified as narcissistic according to a widely used psychological test. That number has doubled in the last 30 years. Another study reported a 40-percent decline among young people in empathy, a personality attribute inversely related to narcissism, since the 1980s.
Edited by metalgearyoda

i sleep 8-10 hours a day, i would like 16 cents x everyday since im not able to play during the time im asleep. so in total i am requesting a reimbursement of $28.80 for lost time due to sleep

/sarcasm off

So you slipped through the net of "free good, do good" pop psychology. Congrats.

However, a large portion of the american youth did not.

While this particular article is meh the figure he cites is pretty solid and used frequently.

Hmm....really I always thought that came around the late 90s/early 00's, but ya I see that.

We got a free month a while back. That more than covers the loss of time due to maintenance this week.

Only those with a level 50 received a free "we appreciate you" month of game time. If it was for compensation of some sort, they should've mentioned that. As it read, and was promoted, it was a "show of appreciation" for those with level 50 characters.

I'm not arguing with you. I just expect accuracy.

Thanks.

Edited by InnerPieces

i sleep 8-10 hours a day, i would like 16 cents x everyday since im not able to play during the time im asleep. so in total i am requesting a reimbursement of $28.80 for lost time due to sleep

/sarcasm off

I would agree if BioWare forced you to sleep.

At least use an argument that makes sense.

No sarcasm necessary.

Don't be a 90s parent.

a kid of 7 demanding an Ipad, a 3D DS, and a new phone for christmas.

i remember when i was happy with some star wars figure's a set of coloring pens and an orange in my stocking,

spoiled kids end up as internet warriors, this is a fact

a kid of 7 demanding an Ipad, a 3D DS, and a new phone for christmas.

i remember when i was happy with some star wars figure's a set of coloring pens and an orange in my stocking,

spoiled kids end up as internet warriors, this is a fact

Since derailing the topic and being defamatory is so important to you "older, more wise" folks, I'm curious how many of you bought your kids cars at 16? Back in the day (yes, I was actually there) that was all the rage and apparently still is. No, I worked and saved over 3 summers to buy my first POS car at 18. It's always so amusing to me, however, when I see these types of arguments. I just listened to a radio ad for Hyundai with a teenage girl who "is so smart I picked this car" for her parents to buy her. That's what they chose as a marketing gimmick to relate to the "average" consumer.

I'm just saying entitlement is nothing new. It simply has more attention thanks to modern media and has now become the norm (like countess other things that are just as important and detrimental to society).

If only this game were free to play, then your entitlement arguments would hold water (back on topic, sort of). I don't care if it's $500 or $.05, if I pay for something I expect to get my money's worth. My money's worth is dependent on expectations set by the company promoting the product that has interested me. That's not entitlement. Unless, of course, you feel entitled you will receive the product advertised to you when you hand over the negotiated price. That would change the definition of entitlement substantially, however.

(No, I don't think we need free time for a few lost hours... just for the record. Facetious arguments, like this one, help me kill time. I'm going to go do something useful now like flush my eye sockets with Drano.)

Edited by InnerPieces
misspelled Drano. last thing I need is to be crucified for that.

Only those with a level 50 received a free "we appreciate you" month of game time. If it was for compensation of some sort, they should've mentioned that. As it read, and was promoted, it was a "show of appreciation" for those with level 50 characters.

I'm not arguing with you. I just expect accuracy.

Thanks.

thats not entirely true, they initially were only for level 50s, but then if you had a legacy level 10 you also got it.

so for me, i had a legacy level 12 but didnt have any character higher than 38